Ride Offered from LA. Leaving Down Town Tue after Noon

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
Bibop
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: It's Not Camp-Licated!

Ride Offered from LA. Leaving Down Town Tue after Noon

Postby Bibop » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:42 pm

Looking for 1-2-3 people to share rent, gas money and driving. We're planning a funny, relaxed and entertaining travel. We are two friendly and charming guys and tomorrow we are going to rent a mini van (200$) with seating for 7 and plenty of room for your staff (if you're not bringing your entire house). Leaving from Down Town LA, after 12 pm (we're flexible). We're planning to leave BM after the temple burn or on Monday, depending on the mood of everybody.

Canoe

Re: Ride Offered from LA. Leaving Down Town Tue after Noon

Postby Canoe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Given that everyone in the car gets turned back to Reno if you don't have tickets, people will want to know if you have tickets, or if you're planning on being one of the need-a-ticket Reno tourists.
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Bibop

Postby Bibop » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Canoe wrote:Given that everyone in the car gets turned back to Reno if you don't have tickets, people will want to know if you have tickets, or if you're planning on being one of the need-a-ticket Reno tourists.

I don't exactly understand your message, but if you are asking me if we have tickets the answer is YES.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 pm

It's good you have tickets.
You have to make sure that anyone you take up to Gerlach and onto the playa also has tickets. Be it physical tickets or appropriate documentation for an order for Will Call tickets.
If they don't, everyone is sent off of the playa and back to Reno. You're not allowed to drop anyone without tickets in a local town and return to the playa with your tickets.
So anyone considering getting a ride from you needs to know that you have tickets, so they and their tickets don't get sent back to Reno instead of getting into Burning Man.

People don't trust people's word on this, as they may have gotten fake tickets, or have incomplete documentation, or are intending to try to smuggle themselves in. If trying to smuggle, the tickets of everyone in the vehicle are confiscated, the names & plates noted, and everyone is sent back to Reno. Even with new tickets, that vehicle will not be allowed in.

That said, note that there have been scams where people are getting together to leave to BRC, and it's show your tickets time, only someone grabs the tickets and runs away.
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Bibop

Postby Bibop » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 pm

Canoe wrote:It's good you have tickets.
You have to make sure that anyone you take up to Gerlach and onto the playa also has tickets. Be it physical tickets or appropriate documentation for an order for Will Call tickets.
If they don't, everyone is sent off of the playa and back to Reno. You're not allowed to drop anyone without tickets in a local town and return to the playa with your tickets.
So anyone considering getting a ride from you needs to know that you have tickets, so they and their tickets don't get sent back to Reno instead of getting into Burning Man.

People don't trust people's word on this, as they may have gotten fake tickets, or have incomplete documentation, or are intending to try to smuggle themselves in. If trying to smuggle, the tickets of everyone in the vehicle are confiscated, the names & plates noted, and everyone is sent back to Reno. Even with new tickets, that vehicle will not be allowed in.

That said, note that there have been scams where people are getting together to leave to BRC, and it's show your tickets time, only someone grabs the tickets and runs away.

OK, thanks Canoe for the advices... will do!

sharkyfinns
Burning Since: 1998
Camp Name: Celtic Chaos

Postby sharkyfinns » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 am

Hi, myself and my friend are leaving SF at 5pm and will be in Reno by 9.45pm. If you are still around we will need a ride to BRC and can be ready to jump in a car/van/RV! We are travelling light as we sent our stuff up with our campmates. This will be my 11th burn and my friend's 4th or 5th...No worries if you will be gone by than!

Return to “2014 Share Resources”