Need Help in Reno--Urgent Situation!!!!!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
CampKickIt
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Kick It

Need Help in Reno--Urgent Situation!!!!!

Post by CampKickIt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello out there. I am reaching out because our camp is in a desperate situation. My partner and I rolled our truck and trailer containing our entire camp on the McCarren Blvd. exit off of 80-E outside of Reno, NV today. We need to figure out a way to get our camp out of our wrecked trailer and to a storage area. I am reaching out to the community see if anyone in the Reno/Sparks/Carson City area has a storage unit, trailer, or box truck we can utilize to help us figure things out. If anyone has any resources that may be able to help us in this time of need, **please** let me know. Get in touch with me at 614.653.3914 or kickinitcrew@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Infinite gratitude, so much love.
Attachments
.jpg

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Need Help in Reno--Urgent Situation!!!!!

Post by AntiM » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Oh fuck, are you all okay?

I wish I could help!

burner von braun

Post by burner von braun » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Kickinit to the forefront. I hope you get the help you need!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:57 pm

contact Morris Burner Hotel ask for vision or if hes not there just explain. sorry dont have phone#. they have a fb page
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

CampKickIt

Post by CampKickIt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:19 am

Thank you all so much for the support, encouragement, and recommendation. We are thinking we will go and get a U-Haul today to clear the trailer out to avoid excessive charges from the tow yard. After unloading the trailer, we are considering either unloading everything into a storage unit, or finding a new vehicle to purchase. We'd like to buy a box truck or RV with driving capacity--we want to be done towing trailers!!

If anyone has any leads on a decent vehicle for sale in the $3000 price range in the Reno/Sacramento/Elko/Sparks/Las Vegas area, or knows anyone with a warehouse/storage space, please let me know. My partner and I are from Ohio and need to get back home so we're trying to figure everything out as soon as possible. If need be, we'll just get a space at Public Storage, but I just wanted to reach out to the community to see if there may be any helpful resources. This was our 5th burn and our 4th year hosting camp. It was our best year yet, and we won't give up so much beauty because of this accident. Just working on picking up the pieces. Thanks again!!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:35 am

Public Storage in Reno has great rates, and we have East Coast camp-mates who store their stuff there every year (I think they pay in the $250 a year range for a small unit, which is dirt cheap from the SF prices I'm used to, where it can be that much a month)

I hope everyone is alright, and that this isn't too hard to resolve.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

CampKickIt

Post by CampKickIt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Figuring things out slowly. Basically waiting until Monday to deal with the insurance company. Thanks for everyone's concern. <3

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:26 am

Linden Mini Storage in Reno are the most lovley people ever, not sure if they have space available though. They also rent Uhaul trucks.

Best of luck!

Return to “2014 Share Resources”