No pavillion ?.....The Man Will Rise !

Caravansary - This year we will create a caravansary that occupies the crossroads of a dreamland: a bazaar of the bizarre wherein treasures of every sort, from every land and age, flow in and out to be flaunted, lost, exploited and discovered. This is not a tourist destination, but a home for travelers who come here bearing gifts. Amid the twisting and the turnings of its souk, participants will come upon an inexhaustible array of teeming goods and unexpected services. Anyone may pose as 'merchant' here, and anyone may play a 'customer', but nothing in this strange emporium shall have a purchase price — no quid, no pro, no quo — no trade at all will be allowed in this ambiguous arcade. According to a rule of desert hospitality, the only thing of value in this 'marketplace' will be one's interaction with a fellow human being.
nocturnal_steve
Burning Since: 1997

No pavillion ?.....The Man Will Rise !

Post by nocturnal_steve » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I was wondering why no pavilion, pedestal this year ? Cost saving austerity measure ?
Some philosophical statement about the Man returning to it's roots pre 1995 when there
was no pedestal ?

Now this just in courtesy Wiki Leaks....

"TOP SECRET the man will seemingly be anchored to the ground... in reality
this past winter, under a cloak of darkness and secrecy an elaborate set of tunnels and chambers were
built and a Cold War era Atlas Missile silo sunk deep into the dessert floor. At a predetermined time on the night of the Burn
Larry of Oz will press the launch button & the effigy will rise 300' into the air. Should be quite a surprise and show .
Stay hydrated my friend.

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: No pavillion ?.....The Man Will Rise !

Post by Bless » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Bring it on
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: No pavillion ?.....The Man Will Rise !

Post by trilobyte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to the 2014 Theme board, since that's a better fit for pavilion/souk/theme related discussions.

Return to “2014 Theme”