Vehicle Passes

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Vehicle Passes

Post by tamarakay » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 pm

I didn't think they would be a problem in this sale. I think that as people start changing plans and as the resale market (even at cost resale)issues finding vehicle passes will arise. For the record I only bought one.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:14 pm

My sweetie had to take care of the ticket buying for us this year and though he told me the whole story, I don't remember all the exact details. Something about noticing a typo in the email address or physical address or summat, having to go back and correct and anyway, long story short, he somehow ended up with two vehicle passes. We will be selling one for face value. I guess when it's received, because I can't think of any other way. Hopefully we won't get stuck with it. It was a complete accident and we will try our best to make sure it's gets into the community, and not some scalper.
In dust we trust.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:16 pm

tamarakay wrote:...For the record I only bought one.
Me too. :D But a vehicle pass is all I can afford right now. :( :lol:
Later, a ticket.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Geosomin

Post by Geosomin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 pm

We have tickets but no pass. Didn't get one because we didn't think we needed one and didn't want to take one from someone else. We were going with others, but now if they don't go/have a pass we can't go either. Kicking myself because we were lucky enough to get tickets but didn't buy a pass. We are in Canada and this really makes things more complicated just for trying to do the right thing. Finding a group to go with where we are isn't that simple...
How can we get a pass if there are still passes available? If STEP doesn't handle passes that means a whole lotta complications. Shame to think we finally got tickets but still can't get in...

HighKeeba
Burning Since: 2014

Post by HighKeeba » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 pm

I had no problems getting tickets, but the site locked up tight when I tried to add a vehicle pass. In the learned opinions of those on this thread, where would be the best place to rectify that? Here? A secondary site?

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:23 pm

If I had an extra V- pass, I think I would look to gift gift it..Putting it through STEP isn't worth $40... and i'm poor folk..

danibel

Post by danibel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:50 am

unjonharley wrote:If I had an extra V- pass, I think I would look to gift gift it..Putting it through STEP isn't worth $40... and i'm poor folk..
After posting, and logging into my personal email to catch up, I find that half of my camp was unable to secure tickets in the open sale yesterday. There is a good chance they will find tickets but it looks like my extra vehicle pass will get used by someone in my camp. I'll either gift it, or I will get reimbursed, either way it's all good!

I haven't heard yet of anyone not able to buy a vehicle pass that needed one. Anyone?
In dust we trust.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:22 pm

HighKeeba wrote:I had no problems getting tickets, but the site locked up tight when I tried to add a vehicle pass. In the learned opinions of those on this thread, where would be the best place to rectify that? Here? A secondary site?
You may want to consider the ticketing support site that's linked in my signature line, as well as on the Burning Man tickets page, and I think was also on the Ticketfly pages for the event sale.

HighKeeba

Post by HighKeeba » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:49 pm

trilobyte wrote:
HighKeeba wrote:I had no problems getting tickets, but the site locked up tight when I tried to add a vehicle pass. In the learned opinions of those on this thread, where would be the best place to rectify that? Here? A secondary site?
You may want to consider the ticketing support site that's linked in my signature line, as well as on the Burning Man tickets page, and I think was also on the Ticketfly pages for the event sale.
Thank you sir!! Contacted Ticketfly and had no problems. Looks like I'm on my way to my first burn!!!

ZimDownUnder

Post by ZimDownUnder » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Whilst I was lucky enough to be able to buy a ticket after 33 minutes in the queue the only way I could proceed to checkout was to not select a vehicle pass. Selecting 1 ticket and 1 vehicle pass would not let me checkout, but 1 ticket and 0 vehicle pass I could proceed so not wanting to miss out I bought just the ticket.

This is my first Burning Man and I'm coming from Australia, first spending three months in South America, and arriving in Reno on the 26th so after the start of Burning Man. My plan was to hire a vehicle and make my own way out there but now that I don't have a vehicle pass I am not sure how to get out to BRC. Its a bit challenging as I need to have plans in place before I leave for Lima on the 12th of June.

I have contacted the ticket support email five days ago but not had a response. Any ideas? I have to collect my ticket at Will Call as I'm from Australia but if I can't get from the gate to the site without a vehicle pass I'm stuck. Will there still be Express buses or some kind of shuttle from the gate after the 25th?

Thanks in advance!

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:09 pm

As I think has been posted in a couple places, stay tuned for information regarding after-market ticket and vehicle pass sales on ePlaya. Our boards have not yet opened up for 2014, we should be making announcements within the next few weeks.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:26 pm

ZimDownUnder wrote:1. I am not sure how to get out to BRC.
2. I need to have plans in place before I leave for Lima
3. Will there still be Express buses or some kind of shuttle from the gate after the 25th?
1. Plenty of ways
2. Nope. You can arrive and wing it if you want to or have to.

Here's a summary. viewtopic.php?f=286&t=68465
You can check the links to see how it worked LAST year.
As trilobyte says, final details for 2014 are not known yet.
Do register for JackRabbit Speaks, so you'll receive announcements.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

ZimDownUnder

Post by ZimDownUnder » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Thanks Trilo and Canoe - all good. JRS subscription in place.

I guess I hit panic mode - more about having less than 100 days to packup and sell my whole household before I leave Australia in June. Acting like a four year old at Christmas...

natpig

Post by natpig » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:05 pm

i foolishly didnt get a vehicle pass... any idea if all sold out or if more will become available at a later date?

any help appreciate :)

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Passes will be available for sale in the OMG sale, and stay tuned to announcements on when we'll open up our ticket/vehicle passes board.

natpig

Post by natpig » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:11 pm

trilobyte wrote:Passes will be available for sale in the OMG sale, and stay tuned to announcements on when we'll open up our ticket/vehicle passes board.

thanks

niner-zero
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: SpD

Post by niner-zero » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:05 pm

OK, I have my ticket and I also purchased a vehicle pass and they are "will call". But, I will not need the pass. I will be there early on Monday and I have a friend arriving on Wednesday without a vehicle pass. Can I leave my vehicle pass at will call under her name?

FossaFerox
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 pm

niner-zero wrote:OK, I have my ticket and I also purchased a vehicle pass and they are "will call". But, I will not need the pass. I will be there early on Monday and I have a friend arriving on Wednesday without a vehicle pass. Can I leave my vehicle pass at will call under her name?
Why not just give whatever vehicle pass you're planning on using Monday to your friend to use on Wednesday? Then you can pick up your actual pass at will call and use that one on Monday, saving everyone a good deal of trouble?

I don't believe you can transfer will call stuff...
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 am

Niner-Zero, I understand you will arrive Monday as a passenger in someone's vehicle.
It has long been common to reassign a Will Call ticket to a later arrival. It involves careful identification of the person, but is easily enough done. Whether such an arrangement will be possible for Vehicles Passes... I don't know, but I certainly hope so. The answer will have to come from the Ticket people themselves.

niner-zero

Post by niner-zero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm

FossaFerox wrote: Why not just give whatever vehicle pass you're planning on using Monday to your friend to use on Wednesday? Then you can pick up your actual pass at will call and use that one on Monday, saving everyone a good deal of trouble?

I don't believe you can transfer will call stuff...
Good idea except my vehicle does not need a pass. So, I won't have one when I arrive on Monday.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:40 pm

FossaFerox wrote:I don't believe you can transfer will call stuff...
Will-Call can be transferred - however it has to be done at Will-Call, and the person who's name is on the original purchase has to be the one to do it. Just show up to will call, let them know you have a Vehicle Pass there that you need to transfer, and they'll put it in the new persons name.

Please note: the line at Will Call can take 45 minutes - over an hour. It will be packed Monday, if you're going there from the airport, make sure you carry plenty of water/ electrolytes. You need to get from your camp, stand in Will-Call, then get back to camp.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

niner-zero

Post by niner-zero » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks for the info Eric. I did fly in and last year and I picked up my ticket at the airport "will call". Hopefully they can help with the transfer there.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:53 am

When you pick up your order at the airport, you'll need to then take the unneeded vehicle pass to the box office at the main gate yourself. There, you can leave the pass in the other person's name, just make sure you've got their name as it appears on their license and not their playa name.

DrScott626
Camp Name: No

Post by DrScott626 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 pm

$7 admistration fee.to process vehicle tickets?

BM doesn't pay $7/ vehicle oto the Tribe for "the right of way" to use the Reservation.

So.what's the "Adam fee for?"

SR.447 is the ONLY highway to Black Rock City.

What would all of you 60,000 people do if the Tribe.does not sign the permit for BM?

Seriously.

Social cause of sending bicycles to Kenya is more "social good" than suporting the
Pyramid Lake.Paiute Tribe that MAKES ALL of BM possible

Please.

Your thoughts from long term Burners

Scott

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:19 am

"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Sham

Post by Sham » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:22 am

DrScott, are you a real doctor? Just wondering.......

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 am

It's BLM's permit, not the tribe's. This is the first I've heard of the Paiute having some sort of hold over the event. Tell me more.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:40 am

"We're good neighbors, give us money."
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:26 am

My cousin married the eldest son of the Bishop Utes 30 or 40 years ago. He must be Chief by now. That makes me almost a native American. Give me money too.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:33 am

OH! groan

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”