registration frozen

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
simoneski
Burning Since: 2010

registration frozen

Post by simoneski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi,

Trying to register, the wheel is frozen. What do you think, refresh or not. My friends are texting me, everyone seems to be locked out?

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Re: registration frozen

Post by TT120 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:24 pm

It's working, just a little overloaded right now. You have a few days to register and it wont affect the ticket buying experience when you get your code.

As long as you already have a profile, just go to http://profiles.burningman.com and on the left side of the page, you can enter your name and password and get the code right away.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

simoneski
Burning Since: 2010

Post by simoneski » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks, just paranoid, I always have a hard time getting my tickets :lol: :lol:

Sunbeam56
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Post by Sunbeam56 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Yup, its frozen.
Let GOOD win!

fernley1
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

At 12:20, logged in and got my code in about 15 seconds.
hope everyone whos having problem gets it sorted out.

TT120

Post by TT120 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:45 pm

I got my code after 3 tries at about 12:06. I got the code on my screen and wrote it down. I should get the email by tomorrow.
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Going for the "YES, I have a Burner Profile!" option on the left side, three times, it just blanked my username and password and redisplayed the page.
Fourth time, it displayed:
BM 2014 ind sale access code snapshot sm.png
BM 2014 ind sale access code snapshot sm.png (50.44 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
"You should see your confirmation email within 24 hours, which will contain your unique code and details about accessing the sale. Your code and a button to access the sale will also be displayed in your Profile under the SPARKLY THINGS header. For kicks, go ahead and write your code down, too."
Last edited by Canoe on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

TT120

Post by TT120 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:49 pm

Facebook is buzzing with "I got my code" posts so it is working. You've got a few days to register so there is no real rush unless you're obsessed like me......

W6BJD

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Crushing the servers for pre-registration seems a bit silly, but I get it - people are excited.

What TT120 said though, there's plenty of time. If the Burner Profile site seems a bit sluggish or unresponsive, check back in a little while.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:02 pm

For what it's worth, there will likely be more capacity added to the Burner Profile site for the day of the Individual Sale. It'll still be 16 kinds of crazy, of course :)

bolerguy

Post by bolerguy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:20 pm

After being frozen with the spinning ball for half hour I took a guess and backed out, started again and got through.

A note on the registration page telling people that you might have to re-try instead of waiting might be helpful.

Stitch

remi

Post by remi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:22 pm

I noticed it froze 3 times and worked on the 4th. I hope it didn't go through all 4 times and then flags me as a bot/scalper/horder.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 pm

trilobyte wrote:For what it's worth, there will likely be more capacity added to the Burner Profile site for the day of the Individual Sale. It'll still be 16 kinds of crazy, of course :)
But just for people to login to their profile to get their sale access code (if not by writing it down, screenshot or confirmation email), and a link to the sale, right?
http://tickets.burningman.com/ wrote: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12pm (noon) PST: Individual Sale ($380) registration begins
Sunday, February 23, 2014 12pm (noon) PST: Individual Sale ($380) registration ends
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12pm (noon) PST: Individual Sale ($380) starts
Just to be clear, one might be able to make a profile on the 26th, but with registration ending on the 23rd Feb., is it correct that:
  • in order to participate in the Individual Sale starting on the 26th Feb., you need to have a profile and be registered for the sale by noon PST on the 23rd Feb.?
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

remi

Post by remi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Should we be expecting major freezing on the 26th as well?
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm

YES, and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth too!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

TT120

Post by TT120 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Canoe wrote:
trilobyte wrote:For what it's worth, there will likely be more capacity added to the Burner Profile site for the day of the Individual Sale. It'll still be 16 kinds of crazy, of course :)
But just for people to login to their profile to get their sale access code (if not by writing it down, screenshot or confirmation email), and a link to the sale, right?
Yes, that is correct. The burning man profile page is just where you get your registration code for the main sale and will also contain a link on the 26th to purchase your tickets. You will have to have created your profile, registered, and gotten your code by the 23rd at noon PST.
Canoe wrote:
http://tickets.burningman.com/ wrote: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12pm (noon) PST: Individual Sale ($380) registration begins
Sunday, February 23, 2014 12pm (noon) PST: Individual Sale ($380) registration ends
Just to be clear, one might be able to make a profile on the 26th, but with registration ending on the 23rd Feb., is it correct that:
  • in order to participate in the Individual Sale starting on the 26th Feb., you need to have a profile and be registered for the sale by noon PST on the 23rd Feb.?
Yes, that is also correct. You will need to get the above three things done by the 23rd at 12:00pm PST. Then on the 26th, you can go to your profile page at profiles.burningman.com and there will be a link you can click to purchase your tickets. You will then be redirected to the Ticketfly page to purchase them. The email you should get after registration will probably also contain a link to the ticketfly page.

It sounds like BMORG is going to try to shore up their servers a little to help with the clickthrough traffic.

I wonder if Ticketfly has any idea how hard they're about to get hit....... :twisted:

W6BJD

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Canoe wrote:Just to be clear, one might be able to make a profile on the 26th, but with registration ending on the 23rd Feb., is it correct that:
Reiterating what TT120 said: you must have created your Burner profile and have preregistered by noon PST on Feb 23rd to participate in the sale on the 26th of Feb.

You can create a Burner profile after the 23rd, but you will not be able to enter the sale.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Former Ass't Editor & columnist, BRC Weekly

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:51 pm

I'm sorry, Canoe, I didn't realize you were so easily confused. Do not take my comment about added capacity to the Burner Profile site to mean that you did not have to create a profile and pre-register for the sale before that day. My comment just meant that additional capacity would likely be added to support the site on that day. Just to be clear (since it sounds like you may not be familiar with how the process works), when tickets go on sale there will be tens of thousands of people hitting both the ticketing page (because they clicked the link in their email and went directly to it) and the Burner Profile site (because they lost their email, preferred to go through that site, or some other reason). The way the internet works is that generally speaking, when servers are under a heavy load, they become sluggish and unresponsive. That appears to be what happened to the Burner Profiles site today, even though today's traffic pales in comparison to what the site will see next week.

tatonka
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Post by tatonka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:54 pm

TT120 wrote:
Canoe wrote:
Yes, that is correct. The burning man profile page is just where you get your registration code for the main sale and will also contain a link on the 26th to purchase your tickets. You will have to have created your profile, registered, and gotten your code by the 23rd at noon PST.
Canoe wrote:
Yes, that is also correct. You will need to get the above three things done by the 23rd at 12:00pm PST. Then on the 26th, you can go to your profile page at profiles.burningman.com and there will be a link you can click to purchase your tickets. You will then be redirected to the Ticketfly page to purchase them. The email you should get after registration will probably also contain a link to the ticketfly page.

It sounds like BMORG is going to try to shore up their servers a little to help with the clickthrough traffic.

I wonder if Ticketfly has any idea how hard they're about to get hit....... :twisted:
Do you have to register at Ticketfly prior to sale?
Tales told
Of battles won
Of things we've done
Caligula would grin

TT120

Post by TT120 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:04 pm

You don't have to but you can. I did.

Once you get to Ticketfly, you'll probably have to create one as you check out anyway but they might let you check out as a guest without creating one. You'll still have to provide name, address, shipping, and billing information no matter what.

W6BJD

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 pm

trilobyte wrote:I'm sorry, Canoe, I didn't realize you were so easily confused. Do not take my comment about added capacity to the Burner Profile site to mean that you did not have to create a profile and pre-register for the sale before that day.
No problem. I went through the profile & register bit last year.
I was clear, but was concerned that someone new to the process coming along might misinterpret your post in a thread about registration about adding extra Profile capacity on the starting day of the sale. I was trying to find a polite was of posting what was required and by when, that would get responses to emphasize that.
That was confirmed/emphasized.
And Eric nailed it again to make it extra clear (and worded much better then I did, as usual).

tatonka
Camp Name: Camp Threat

Post by tatonka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 pm

TT120 wrote:You don't have to but you can. I did.

Once you get to Ticketfly, you'll probably have to create one as you check out anyway but they might let you check out as a guest without creating one. You'll still have to provide name, address, shipping, and billing information no matter what.

ah , thanks will check there web site out
Tales told
Of battles won
Of things we've done
Caligula would grin

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”