Individual Sale

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Individual Sale

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:02 am

Today is the Individual Sale (aka Main Sale), which was open to anyone who registered between noon on the 20th and 23rd of February.

Update - this sale has ended

I want to point out a couple important things... Trilo's PRO TIPS if you will.
  • The emails confirming your registration and reminding you about today's sale contain your UNIQUE promo code and a link directly to the sale. Use that link! Your Burner Profile page will also contain the sale link and your UNIQUE promo code, but Burner Profiles is a souped up/customized Wordpress site. Sure - some big news sites and blogs use Wordpress, and sure - Burning Man has increased server capacity for the Burner Profiles site... but why risk getting bogged down logging into a site that you don't have to log into? If you've got that either the confirmation or the reminder email, you can save time as well as free up server bandwidth for anyone whose email got lost.
  • If you registered but did not receive either an email confirming your pre-registration or an email reminding you about today's sale... take a deep breath. It might just be that your email provider was too aggressive in their efforts to keep spam out of your inbox. Log into your Burner Profile right now. If you have a UNIQUE promo code showing up in the Sparkly Things section - you're registered. If not, and you are certain that you were both invited and had pre-registered - then send an email to [email protected] asap. It's awfully late in the game and I'm not sure they will be able to help, but that's who you need to work with. Be nice - the ticket team are an awesome bunch of people doing a pretty thankless job.
  • Have I mentioned that your UNIQUE promo code is, in fact, UNIQUE? It is. Do not forward your email to friends or give somebody else your UNIQUE promo code. It can only be used once, so if they beat you to the ticketing system during the sale it will be dead to you, or vice versa. Codes and ticket purchases are also trackable back to the invited group, so don't put your camp or project's good standing at risk and pass promo codes around. They are for the essential/core members of the team.
  • If noon PST comes and your browser is still telling you that your code is invalid, you may need to clear your browser cache. The best way to do that is to either navigate away from the ticketing site or close all browser windows and tabs with Ticketfly's site on them, clear your browser cache, and then go back to the ticketing page.
  • Purchase details. You can use Visa/MasterCard. The name on the card should match the profile. It can be credit or debit. If you don't know what your daily spending limit is, CHECK WITH YOUR BANK NOW - in the case of debit cards, they often have a daily spending limit of $300-$400 to protect you against theft (since it's taking money directly out of your bank account). If you call your bank's customer service number in advance, they can usually make the necessary notes on their end so that your purchase will be approved. Believe me, you don't want to be that person with thousands in the bank who goes through the ticketing process only to have your debit card declined.
  • Orders in the US and Canada can have tickets shipped to them, or held at will call. Orders for everyone else are will call only. For those not familiar with the process, Burning Man's box office in Black Rock City opens on the Wednesday before the gates open and then stays open 24 hours a day until burn night.
  • New for this year, orders within the US can choose UPS 2nd day air as a ship method for $22 an order (it's still $12 per order for USPS shipping). A complete breakdown of the fees can be found on the ticketing page (scroll down to the section marked Delivery & Fees).
  • If you or one of your campmates is not successful in getting tickets for any reason, DON'T FREAK OUT. They can still sign up for the Secure Ticket Exchange Program when that opens up, or purchase ticket in the after-market. They can also participate in the OMG sale, but they will probably have sorted out the tickets they need long before then. Burners are resourceful, and if you're vigilant and participate in the community you will probably get the tickets that you need. Those who plan..burn.
Okay, that's it. Feel free to post your enthusiasm and excitement as well as your success or failure in the sale below. If you need help or assistance, please send me a PM - for fuck's sakes do not post your unique promo code or any of your account details on the message board.

One more thing - you can follow @BManTickets on Twitter for sale day updates from the Burning Man ticket team.

Lughnasa

Re: Individual Sale

Post by Lughnasa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am

What if my profile name and the name on the credit card are different?

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:49 am

Then that sale will likely get canceled, if it does not fail outright.

Lughnasa

Post by Lughnasa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:52 am

You mean after the fact. As in, I'll think I have tickets but I won't?

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Yes. The card you use needs to match the name on your profile. If you don't have a card, you can get a pre-paid card, though at this point you may have gone past cutting it close to have worked that detail out.

CamSurf119

Post by CamSurf119 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 pm

ANyone through yet?! The date says Monday Aug 25, what's this weird timer, is selling tickets really this confusing?

FossaFerox
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

We're currently processing a high volume of orders

Post by FossaFerox » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Watching the 30 second timer is infuriating. I almost don't believe it. Urge to refresh manually rising...
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

peyote2004
Burning Since: 2017

Post by peyote2004 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:07 pm

And now the waiting game begins.

I like that it auto refreshes.
--
Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday... now you know why.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm in the 30 second refresh thingy too.........weeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Bless

Post by Bless » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:11 pm

does it matter if the name on the profile/credit card do not match the name on the mailing address?
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

catfishpkt
Burning Since: 2014

Post by catfishpkt » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 pm

I wonder if I am already in a query of some kind or if the refresh timer is just to get me into a query.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Niece got through and now has a sign in error from ticketfly!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 pm

fastest sale yet took only 4-minutes, C U in the dust!

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 pm

EASIEST SALE EVER!!! This jackass has been ticketed!!! WOW

P.S. I only took one vehicle pass, no need to flip out
Last edited by Jackass on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Sic Pup

Post by Sic Pup » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 pm

I got mine... no hiccups other than putting in the wrong (barely legible) CCV code.
Way too smooth...... I had to double check that they were actually tickets for Burning Man.

I don't know if I'll be able to attend but at least this part is out of the way if the stars align.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 pm

silic0nsilence: So it's black friday Wednesday at CompUSA TicketFly.
Slider: Yea
silic0nsilence: We were to open up at 12am 12 noon. It's 11:58pm 11:58am and there is a HUGE line of blood-thirsty, hard drive-wanting ticket-wanting, maniacs burners. So my friend dares me to scream we have one xbox360 ticket.
Slider: Holy shit.
silic0nsilence: So he gives me $20. I go up to the gate and scream, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE JUST RECIEVED ONE XBOX360 TICKET!!" Immediately people are storming the gate, passing me money through the cage to get it. They were screaming and knocked over this old lady. My boss just looks at me with these red eyes. In them, I saw fear and rage.
Slider: Omg you dumb shit!
Slider: Wait a second, it's 12:46A 12:46PM, and it's black Friday Wednesday. What did this happen minutes ago? Shouldn't you be at work?
silic0nsilence: Yeah..
silic0nsilence: Pretty sure I don't work at CompUSA TicketFly any more..

http://www.bash.org/?587801

Who knows, maybe it'll be like 2011, and the servers will crash too!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Snapovski

Post by Snapovski » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm

No shit... that was easy! Oh yeah! :mrgreen:

Girlfriend next to me got in immediately, even though she logged on later than I did. I'm still in the "30 seconds and countdown..." mindfuck, but who cares? We got tickets! YEAH!

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2023
Camp Name: SLAYER!

YAY TICKETFLY!!!

Post by ACfromSAC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 pm

By far the easiest ticket purchasing process of the last three years. In and out in less than three minutes. Hooray! I'm going HOME!!!!!!!

MrBeardy
Burning Since: 2011

Post by MrBeardy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 pm

from those that got them, what browser was used>??

Lughnasa

Post by Lughnasa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Sign in error

Bounce530
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Re: YAY TICKETFLY!!!

Post by Bounce530 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 pm

BOOM! in and done!!
What other people think about you is none of your business.

Sic Pup

Post by Sic Pup » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 pm

MrBeardy wrote:from those that got them, what browser was used>??
Chrome here.
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm

too good!
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm

And right after I posted that, it got me through, I bought my tickets, and done. No manual refresh. This, on a slow-ass piece-of-shit Firefox 15 on a work machine with about 30-40 tabs.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Explorer
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Dobonian
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: HOVerlandia

Post by Dobonian » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Excuses if you see this twice, had some sort of posting error:

That was slicker than a greased weasel! Got in, got 'em bought, got the confirmation email, in less that 5 minutes flat! HUGE kudos to the ticketing team--well done, folks!!!

[Chrome, on a Mac, via Comcast Xfinity, from Decatur, GA, in case anyone's comparing notes.]
The Way is not the way, but you can park there and walk the rest of the way.

mgb327

Post by mgb327 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 pm

I think 2012 was my worst. I hit it a 2 seconds after and was refreshed to a 23,508 spot. That was 3PM here in my time zone. I purchased my tickets somewhere around 3 AM I think....That refresh page freaked me out each time it did it....went on for hours. WTF we go through to go....
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.

Frizzboom
Camp Name: Suggestions?

Post by Frizzboom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 pm

13 minutes and done! Woot!
What does not kill me makes for great campfire stories.
Be Good,
Frizzboom Dinkdoodle

magpiejay
Burning Since: 2013

Post by magpiejay » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 pm

I had timers running in Safari, but loaded Firefox too and it went straight through, apart from a small TicketFly log in stutter and refresh. Much smoother than last year. Good luck all!

InGearX

Your order for BURNING MAN 2014 on 8/25 – 9/1 is confirmed

Post by InGearX » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:23 pm

:) see u on playa

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”