Update - this sale has ended
I want to point out a couple important things... Trilo's PRO TIPS if you will.
- The emails confirming your registration and reminding you about today's sale contain your UNIQUE promo code and a link directly to the sale. Use that link! Your Burner Profile page will also contain the sale link and your UNIQUE promo code, but Burner Profiles is a souped up/customized Wordpress site. Sure - some big news sites and blogs use Wordpress, and sure - Burning Man has increased server capacity for the Burner Profiles site... but why risk getting bogged down logging into a site that you don't have to log into? If you've got that either the confirmation or the reminder email, you can save time as well as free up server bandwidth for anyone whose email got lost.
- If you registered but did not receive either an email confirming your pre-registration or an email reminding you about today's sale... take a deep breath. It might just be that your email provider was too aggressive in their efforts to keep spam out of your inbox. Log into your Burner Profile right now. If you have a UNIQUE promo code showing up in the Sparkly Things section - you're registered. If not, and you are certain that you were both invited and had pre-registered - then send an email to [email protected] asap. It's awfully late in the game and I'm not sure they will be able to help, but that's who you need to work with. Be nice - the ticket team are an awesome bunch of people doing a pretty thankless job.
- Have I mentioned that your UNIQUE promo code is, in fact, UNIQUE? It is. Do not forward your email to friends or give somebody else your UNIQUE promo code. It can only be used once, so if they beat you to the ticketing system during the sale it will be dead to you, or vice versa. Codes and ticket purchases are also trackable back to the invited group, so don't put your camp or project's good standing at risk and pass promo codes around. They are for the essential/core members of the team.
- If noon PST comes and your browser is still telling you that your code is invalid, you may need to clear your browser cache. The best way to do that is to either navigate away from the ticketing site or close all browser windows and tabs with Ticketfly's site on them, clear your browser cache, and then go back to the ticketing page.
- Purchase details. You can use Visa/MasterCard. The name on the card should match the profile. It can be credit or debit. If you don't know what your daily spending limit is, CHECK WITH YOUR BANK NOW - in the case of debit cards, they often have a daily spending limit of $300-$400 to protect you against theft (since it's taking money directly out of your bank account). If you call your bank's customer service number in advance, they can usually make the necessary notes on their end so that your purchase will be approved. Believe me, you don't want to be that person with thousands in the bank who goes through the ticketing process only to have your debit card declined.
- Orders in the US and Canada can have tickets shipped to them, or held at will call. Orders for everyone else are will call only. For those not familiar with the process, Burning Man's box office in Black Rock City opens on the Wednesday before the gates open and then stays open 24 hours a day until burn night.
- New for this year, orders within the US can choose UPS 2nd day air as a ship method for $22 an order (it's still $12 per order for USPS shipping). A complete breakdown of the fees can be found on the ticketing page (scroll down to the section marked Delivery & Fees).
- If you or one of your campmates is not successful in getting tickets for any reason, DON'T FREAK OUT. They can still sign up for the Secure Ticket Exchange Program when that opens up, or purchase ticket in the after-market. They can also participate in the OMG sale, but they will probably have sorted out the tickets they need long before then. Burners are resourceful, and if you're vigilant and participate in the community you will probably get the tickets that you need. Those who plan..burn.
One more thing - you can follow @BManTickets on Twitter for sale day updates from the Burning Man ticket team.