Who's In...Who's Out?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Who's In...Who's Out?

Post by JayBobBoy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:45 pm

I guess I was lucky and/or good because I got through immediately and had my ticket confirmation within minutes!

How did everyone else make out?
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Who's In...Who's Out?

Post by GreyCoyote » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 pm

In. Spectacularly, wonderfully, dustily, IN! :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Mohairs
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Hushville 2013 & 2014

Post by Mohairs » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Martiansky and I got ours. :D

MtayoCosta

Post by MtayoCosta » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Got there right at 12:00... still didn't get a ticket. :roll: How does that happen?

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Got mine - was rather shocked it only took 4 minutes instead of the usual 7 - 10 hours of years past.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

remi

Post by remi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:51 pm

IN IN IN!!!

Click right when the clock switched over (actually, I was clicking on it for the 30 seconds prior and just trying again after getting the error message.) and when I got through (must have been right at the stroke of noon PST.. maybe a second or two after,) I got in. I never saw this "please wait 30 second" thing that everyone mentioned.. I just got straight in. I had my order completed by 1:02 and my email by 1:04. Must be the good luck bong hit I took.
Disclaimer: I was hitting a tobacco product in my glass water bong.

This stressful yet exciting morning turned into a fuckin' spectacular afternoon!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

Royal Turkey
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Royal Turkey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Yay finally got the confirmation email, I guess I am in! :D

fernley1
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:54 pm

In too, took about 17 minutes. Took about a hour for the confirmation email.
so happy.

Sunbeam56
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Post by Sunbeam56 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:02 pm

We're in :)
Let GOOD win!

tahiti_treat
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: NoTown

Post by tahiti_treat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:10 pm

In. 5 minutes from start to finish.

dominiqf
Burning Since: 2008

Post by dominiqf » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

We didn't get them. Was there at 12:00... never got in :(

peyote2004
Burning Since: 2017

Post by peyote2004 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Got mine ... Only took 15 minutes
--
Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday... now you know why.

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

in! took about 28 minutes

Mr. Just Right
Burning Since: 2011

Post by Mr. Just Right » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm

That's one major item checked off my list! Took 15 mins. Such a breeze this year.

Gobkin

Post by Gobkin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:39 pm

I am ecstatic!

lengen

Post by lengen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Logged on right at 12 and had a confirmation email from ticketfly by 12:07, super smooth transaction for me!

-whetwillie-
Camp Name: EIEIO

Post by -whetwillie- » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:52 pm

what exactly is the purpose of pre-registering, is it doesn't even buy you, say, a day to actually get your tickets. i WILL get a ticket, and i REFUSE to pay overblown scalper prices, but the preregistration seems to be pretty pointless...

and congrats to all for whom it went smoothly. ill see you there :)

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

At no point did pre-registration ever promise or even imply any kind of guarantee to be able to buy tickets.

The purpose of pre-registering is a countermeasure against pro scalpers and their automated bots. It does a pretty good job, too - by comparison with your typical hot ticket event (where as much as 50% of the supply ends up in the hands of speculators), only a very small percentage of Burning Man tickets are sold for above face value.

Remember folks, Burning Man reserves the right to cancel the sale of any order that was placed for the purpose of selling either tickets or vehicle passes above face value. Don't 'feed the bears' and buy over face, aside from encouraging speculators, you risk losing out if the original order is identified as being sold for over face value.

Stay tuned for details and dates for STEP, as well as for details and dates on ePlaya's own ticket boards. Historically, those who throw their hands up in defeat don't often get tickets - but those who are determined and vigilant almost always get the tickets they need. Those who plan..burn.

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Sundial » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:03 pm

Out. But lets just say I haven't given up yet...
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

magpiejay

Post by magpiejay » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:05 pm

I suspect the timed 'waiting room' acted as a pre-12pm buffer zone. Ie: You wait to be shown the 'not yet' message. But if you were waiting for that when it actually struck 12, you were in.

I clicked in one browser at a minute before 12 and got the waiting timer. Another bang on 12 in a different browser. The first went straight through just after 12, i gave up on the other.

Or maybe I was just lucky this year. If you still need a ticket, don't panic. I know it's a cliche, but STEP seems to always deliver to the prompt registerers and watching this forum like a hawk in the weeks before BM also pays dividends.

Mohairs
Camp Name: Hushville 2013 & 2014

Post by Mohairs » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Schtev wrote:Out. But lets just say I haven't given up yet...
I hope not!
:D

kiss-o-matic
Burning Since: 2012

Post by kiss-o-matic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm

In... I clicked the link right at 12:00 (maybe 12:00:20) and was finished in 40 minutes.

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2023
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:15 pm

IN! So much smoother than the past few years. I was in and out in like three minutes.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Glad to hear it, Schtev. Having been on the virtual front lines during the sellouts and kerfuffles of the last couple years, one thing has proven true - those who are determined and vigilant almost always get the tickets that they need. Those who plan..burn.

remi

Post by remi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 pm

-whetwillie- wrote:what exactly is the purpose of pre-registering, is it doesn't even buy you, say, a day to actually get your tickets. i WILL get a ticket, and i REFUSE to pay overblown scalper prices, but the preregistration seems to be pretty pointless...

and congrats to all for whom it went smoothly. ill see you there :)

What Trilo said.

Imagine if their wasn't a registration, and anyone who had a cc could just come in a buy tickets... you know how many scalpers would chomp at the bit for that...

I like where your heads at.. absolutely REFUSE to pay scalper prices.. register with STEP, and keep and ear open in your group of friends. I had a feeling it was gonna sell out soon (as Trilo mentioned elsewhere.. faster ticket processing = faster sell out.) If there wasn't a registration, the market would be flooded tomorrow with thousand dollar tickets.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

Krokodyle
Camp Name: Orphans Too / Camp Space Hole

Post by Krokodyle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:37 pm

As of today, out. Logged in on time, but sold out before I could purchase. Two of my local friends who attempted to purchase tix for their second year also denied.
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO BURN©®"

Jauss

Post by Jauss » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Well, that was a veritable roller-coaster of emotion! I got in.

I almost screwed myself over though. I thought it might take forever like last year so I ran downstairs to get some food. (I should've thought of that way before or just gone hungry, but my brain was all fuzzy from days of of working long night shifts and sleep deprivation.) It was probably about 30 to 40 seconds after 12:00 when I clicked on the link after also pausing to unnecessarily copy my code. Then while I was waiting during the automatic refresh process I read that going through the Burner Profile was apparently the worst way to go about it. Double damn. I briefly opened a window on my phone through the email link, but figured at 15 minutes in it wouldn't help anyway and might even cause a problem, so I closed it.

At 12:36 I got through to the first page. Yes! But when I tried to order one ticket and vehicle pass it said there were none available. Despair! In a state of manic denial I refreshed and reselected several times and then saw a message saying to keep trying because tickets currently tied up might become available. Continued another minute or two and boom, got through to the payment and shipping page. Shaking slightly, I made myself slow down and double check that all info was correct, submitted it, and saw the confirmation page. Sigh of relief. But where was the confirmation email? ("It said immediately. What if the bank was all, 'Psych, we're not all allowing this transaction after all!' Or some other late stage error. It's probably nothing, right? Just backed up. But it's taking so long. Ahhhh!") I checked my bank account (transaction processing) and also called them to make sure they'd let it go through. An hour and 20 minutes later the email arrived and I let myself truly believe. I'm going home.
Last edited by Jauss on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Sundial » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:40 pm

trilobyte wrote:Glad to hear it, Schtev. Having been on the virtual front lines during the sellouts and kerfuffles of the last couple years, one thing has proven true - those who are determined and vigilant almost always get the tickets that they need. Those who plan..burn.
Very true. Last year I managed to snag a ticket from a guy I've never even met AFTER the OMG sale. The key was to watch the tickets offered board like a hawk and reply the second something new came up.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

kiss-o-matic

Post by kiss-o-matic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:01 pm

I hope when everyone has their tickets they can look back at this oldie but goodie and chuckle.

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:09 pm

remi wrote:
-whetwillie- wrote: If there wasn't a registration, the market would be flooded tomorrow with thousand dollar tickets.
been on stub hub? the market was flooded with $1000 tickets an hour after the sale ended lol

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”