Scream if you received a STEP ticket

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Re: Scream if you received a STEP ticket

Post by Jovankat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:45 am

smiffman wrote:Any minute nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I dunno, it's not exactly business hours in San Francisco where the BMOrg are... I guess that depends on whether STEP is entirely automated or if it has real humans making it happen. Does anyone know? Did anyone get a STEP notification at a time that would be crazy o'clock on the west coast?

smiffman
Burning Since: 2014

Post by smiffman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:36 am

Jovankat wrote:
smiffman wrote:Any minute nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I dunno, it's not exactly business hours in San Francisco where the BMOrg are... I guess that depends on whether STEP is entirely automated or if it has real humans making it happen. Does anyone know? Did anyone get a STEP notification at a time that would be crazy o'clock on the west coast?

Crazy o Clock, nice. Still waiting for my email, have many feelers out there too. I will go and will be going. Any minute now.

ProfessorChaos

Post by ProfessorChaos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:20 pm

My buddy went camping over the 4th and got his ticket offer. It was going to go to a friend so whatever. Radical SELF reliance, right? If you cant be bothered to get your own ticket, its not on me to get you one.

smiffman

Post by smiffman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:20 am

Still trying to scream, but my voice is a lil how do you say................

Roy333

Post by Roy333 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:24 am

I got a ticket, SCREAM!!! But it wasn't through STEP.
When I registered I had the notice saying I was Signed up for STEP around 12:20.
I have a friend that said they got signed up an hour after it opened. They got their tickets two weeks ago, but were not able to use one so sold it to me.

I'm only stating the facts as I know them. I'm not questioning the first come thing, just saying what I saw. Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of a Computer server?

But I"m going to Burning Man. Woo Hoooo

smiffman

Post by smiffman » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Capn Crunch wrote:Guess what???

I'm SCREAMING! Just came in minutes ago!!!! Woot! :mrgreen:

Guess what what? SCREAM Mikey and Janet Jackson style. Yep and yep. Playa bound. thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssssss

Gee-Banger

Post by Gee-Banger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Oh man.... No screaming here.... I have been checking my inbox anxiously for weeks now but staring to think I'm gonna be the girl with the puppy eyes at the gate of BM...

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Please, don't do that. Plus, there's a good chance the BLM will take you off their land.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Gee-Banger

Post by Gee-Banger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Who would remove a loney lost girl with puppy eyes??!!

Nah, in all seriousness, if STEP doesn't pull though I'm just hoping I meet the right people on my way there. I heard a few times now about people selling tickets for the right price in the week leading up to BM?

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Gee-Banger wrote:Who would remove a loney lost girl with puppy eyes??!!

Nah, in all seriousness, if STEP doesn't pull though I'm just hoping I meet the right people on my way there. I heard a few times now about people selling tickets for the right price in the week leading up to BM?
There have been in the past, but there is no way to know how many tickets there will be available this year in those last weeks - or how many people will be trying to get them. Please do not leave Reno without a ticket - the small towns along the way are buried, and the police will be removing people who are standing around with "tickets wanted signs" in Empire & Gerlach (and possibly ticketing as well). Tribal police will probably be doing the same in Nixon & Wadsworth.

Extra traffic on already burdened roads, and aimless people in already burdened communities, put the entire event at risk. Don't be one of those people.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah, what he said.

And as some extra, woman-to-woman advice--get some skills beside manipulation with sex appeal. You'll need them in your 40s. And even in your twenties you'll like yourself better.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Gee-Banger

Post by Gee-Banger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Eric wrote:
Gee-Banger wrote:Who would remove a loney lost girl with puppy eyes??!!

There have been in the past, but there is no way to know how many tickets there will be available this year in those last weeks - or how many people will be trying to get them. Please do not leave Reno without a ticket - the small towns along the way are buried, and the police will be removing people who are standing around with "tickets wanted signs" in Empire & Gerlach (and possibly ticketing as well). Tribal police will probably be doing the same in Nixon & Wadsworth.

Extra traffic on already burdened roads, and aimless people in already burdened communities, put the entire event at risk. Don't be one of those people.
Yeah, the plan is that if I don't succeed to get a ticket I just keep driving and turn the trip into an epic roadtrip, so don't worry about that :) Thanks for the advise mate!

Gee-Banger

Post by Gee-Banger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:30 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Yeah, what he said.

And as some extra, woman-to-woman advice--get some skills beside manipulation with sex appeal. You'll need them in your 40s. And even in your twenties you'll like yourself better.
Ehhh, not sure where you get the idea from that I would have no skills besides manipulation sex appeal (unless you count puppy eyes as sex appeal, which makes me reconsider the looks my collie gives me everytime I eat an oreo... :P ) but I assure you, if I didnt find other skills by now I'd be well and truly off track. Good looks get you nowhere in the desert I live in I'm afraid. And besides, I like myself a lot, with or without the sex appeal. But thanks for the advice anyway, I'll make sure to pass it on to a lost sister somewhere, someday ;)

Frozen_Catalyst
Burning Since: 2013

Post by Frozen_Catalyst » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Yeah, what he said.

what i thought crypto was a man ...atleast from the posts ...........
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Mother Fire Nymph
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Trojan Horse Archers

Post by Mother Fire Nymph » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 am

Just purchased tickets through STEP! We're screamin'. Hugs and arrows, Apollo and the Mother Fire Nymph

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 am

Good news: the OMG sale will get an extra 2,000 tickets for a total of 3,000. If STEP didn't work out for you (closing in 50 minutes), get in that OMG sale!

http://blog.burningman.com/2014/07/news ... -scalpers/
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

snardy

Post by snardy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:15 am

My GF applied for her LIT quite late, in early May. She received notification that she would receive an LIT about 3 weeks ago. This will be her first trip to BM.

jennymoase

Post by jennymoase » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:54 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just purchased a ticket thru STEP. not sure why i could, as i had given up hope since i thought it shut down a couple days ago? well, i sure aint compainin! yaaaaaayyy!!! a few short days ago, our group was 3 tix shy, and now, thx to STEP, we're only one ticket away.

here's to OMG!

:coffee: :D

Dizzy Allen
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Art car Bus stop

Post by Dizzy Allen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:21 am

Just got mine And im pretty sure i woke up my neighbore screaming

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:00 am

Congratulations everyone! I was an original stepchild in 2012.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

vlajim
Burning Since: 2011

Post by vlajim » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 am

BINGO, We got the email Sunday, July 27 about 10:00PM. We are so happy to have tickets.
EVERYONE DRIVE SAFE, I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:55 pm

YAYYYYY ^^^^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:00 pm

Congrats to all those who received tickets through STEP! I know that there were many more who registered but were not successful, but the program is always 100% dependent on the number of tickets that get fed into it.

To those still looking, good luck in the OMG sale and the after-market!

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”