Scream if you received a STEP ticket

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
faira123
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Scream if you received a STEP ticket

Postby faira123 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:54 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:No. I didn't apply. But some people don't realize they should. There's a certain amount saying that you did x, y, and z, simply so you don't get asked about them in relation to your other problems.
Your isp may even have screened it out before it got to your spam filter. Trilo would know more about this. But I think you want to find it, because what if you don't get the ticketing email because it's disappeared the same way...

Yeah that's what ive been worried about as well. I have a friend that made it in about 15 mins after me so way farther in line but they haven't received a confirmation email either. So hopefully there just isn't an email going out to anyone unless its to buy the tickets bcz otherwise im very worried

quadraspleen
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Corner of Shady & Wrong

Postby quadraspleen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 am

I'm screaming
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed

Enough is too little...Too much is enough...

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby lucky420 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 am

Congratulations :lol: ^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

remi

Postby remi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:22 am

quadraspleen wrote:I'm screaming

What was your timestamp? lol
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

quadraspleen
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Corner of Shady & Wrong

Postby quadraspleen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 am

remi wrote:
quadraspleen wrote:I'm screaming

What was your timestamp? lol

Heh..The site kept crashing and bad gatweay'ing me from 20.00 onwards here in the UK. I saw my profile page once at 20.00 and no sparkly things button..I then feverishly refreshed my page to a "cannot be found" message for about 6 minutes, then at approx 20.07 I saw a button. I clicked it and...Nothing happened! So, I clicked it again, and again, and again. Nada. I logged in from my fondleslab and was informed I was signed up for STEP :D

Bonus, I thought..Remembered last year I didn't get one for ages (late July I think) and resigned myself to a long wait.

saturday evening as I was on my way out to play records at a party, in they came. Obviously, I bought my tix before playing...Duh ;)

Happy days!

seeya in the dust!

jake
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed

Enough is too little...Too much is enough...

remi

Postby remi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:34 am

quadraspleen wrote:

Heh..The site kept crashing and bad gatweay'ing me from 20.00 onwards here in the UK. I saw my profile page once at 20.00 and no sparkly things button..I then feverishly refreshed my page to a "cannot be found" message for about 6 minutes, then at approx 20.07 I saw a button. I clicked it and...Nothing happened! So, I clicked it again, and again, and again. Nada. I logged in from my fondleslab and was informed I was signed up for STEP :D

Bonus, I thought..Remembered last year I didn't get one for ages (late July I think) and resigned myself to a long wait.

saturday evening as I was on my way out to play records at a party, in they came. Obviously, I bought my tix before playing...Duh ;)

Happy days!

seeya in the dust!

jake

Did you receive a confirmation email letting you know that you've been successfully added to the STEP queue prior to receiving your email offering tickets?

Just asking because it appears most people did not.

Congrats on obtaining your ticket!

Capn Crunch
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby Capn Crunch » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:42 pm

remi wrote:
quadraspleen wrote:

Happy days!

seeya in the dust!

jake

Did you receive a confirmation email letting you know that you've been successfully added to the STEP queue prior to receiving your email offering tickets?

I didn't receive any STEP Queue confirmation... although, in my BM Profile, it does say that I am signed up for STEP. :(
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air

remi

Postby remi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Capn Crunch wrote:
remi wrote:
quadraspleen wrote:

Happy days!

seeya in the dust!

jake

I didn't receive any STEP Queue confirmation... although, in my BM Profile, it does say that I am signed up for STEP. :(

Thanks for the heads-up... Same with me, it says I'm in. I thought I heard somewhere that we would receive confirmation emails within a couple days, but I'm starting to think that information was incorrect. Plus, that would just be a pain in the ass.. See an email from Burning Man, get excited, see it's only an email to say you're in the queue.

Capn Crunch

Postby Capn Crunch » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks for the heads-up... Same with me, it says I'm in. I thought I heard somewhere that we would receive confirmation emails within a couple days, but I'm starting to think that information was incorrect. Plus, that would just be a pain in the ass.. See an email from Burning Man, get excited, see it's only an email to say you're in the queue.[/quote]

Agreed... so far, all I've seen is rumor that people were suppose to get a email conformation, although a bunch of people not receiving them (and actually, none that received one)... not saying there isn't a confirmation email. hmmmm.
"Forget honesty, forget creativity, the dumbest buy the mostest." - Dead Kennedys, MTV Get Off The Air

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 pm

The only email will be the notification that a ticket is ready for you to buy!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:10 pm

That may be true for you, FIGJAM, but I got several emails begging to be allowed to give me free tickets.

(No, I didn't. It's not much of a sense of humor, but it's what I got.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

FIGJAM

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 pm

I kind of figured there were hordes of people trying to entice you back to the dust this year. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Postby BBadger » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 am

Joeln wrote:Badger, this is really more how I imagined it.
[media]

Man, sometimes I want to do that at the office.

theCryptofishist wrote:That may be true for you, FIGJAM, but I got several emails begging to be allowed to give me free tickets.

(No, I didn't. It's not much of a sense of humor, but it's what I got.)

You should play along with the joke in case anyone asks for a regifting.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Capn Crunch

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:25 am

To clear everything up regarding the STEP confirmation... this is what I received from tech support this morning...

"Hello Andrew,

Thanks for emailing. We know you are super excited about Burning Man 2014. We are too!

You are in the queue if you see “You are signed up for STEP” on the right hand side of your Burner Profile. (You will not receive a separate confirmation email after you register for STEP).

If STEP tickets become available for you, we will send you an email with a link to purchase and you will have 72 hours to buy the tickets.

Please let us know if you have any further ticketing questions that you aren’t finding answers to either on tickets.burningman.com or our ticket support help desk ticketsupport.burningman.com.

Burning Man Ticket Support"

Hope that helps!

Sahara25

Postby Sahara25 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:23 pm

I don't get it... My friend and I signed up for 2 tickets at 12:02 and we still haven't heard anything... :cry:
How is that even possible? I thought it's this first come first serve thing now with the tickets..

asr9754

Postby asr9754 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Maybe a timezone issue?
Or check your Spam folders, some friends of mine ended up with ticketfly/Bman messages getting pulled into Spam.

Sahara25

Postby Sahara25 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm

No, it can't be that... I checked the timezone like a 100 times before we signed, same with the spam Folder since we signed up... Could it be, because we signed up for 2 tickets? Cause I really don't understand how someone who signed up like 5 minutes later already got a ticket... not that I'm jealous, but I aaaaaam :P

Capn Crunch

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Sahara25 wrote:I don't get it... My friend and I signed up for 2 tickets at 12:02 and we still haven't heard anything... :cry:
How is that even possible? I thought it's this first come first serve thing now with the tickets..

It definitely is first come first serve.. but there is also latency issues, as your "queue" number gets entered into the databases (no idea what they are using). That's just standard... and hypothetical.

That said, if it makes you feel any better, I registered at 12:04ish, (with a confirmation at 12:05), and haven't heard anything. :wink:

The best advice I been given, and what has made me feel comfortable, is that most peoples "minds change" during June/July.... so, just wait till then. Besides, that's when the hard-tickets will be in circulation anyways.

Anyways, I created this thread in hopes of seeing (entirely guesstimation), when people were getting offers, the time they registered, so everyone can kinda get a feeling where they are at... Just relax and be cool like Fonzies. 8)

Sahara25

Postby Sahara25 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks, I really feel better now :) :)
I was almost giving up...

Capn Crunch

Postby Capn Crunch » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Sahara25 wrote:Thanks, I really feel better now :) :)
I was almost giving up...

No worries... I know how it is, the wait gonna kill me. :mrgreen:

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Sahara25 wrote:I don't get it... My friend and I signed up for 2 tickets at 12:02 and we still haven't heard anything... :cry:

THE TIME YOU SIGNED UP MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Period.

STEP tickets are sold as people contribute them into STEP - there is no way to know when people will decide to contribute tickets, there is no way AT ALL to know how many people are ahead of you since the BMorg doesn't release that data (which is why the time you signed up means nothing). It's still extremely early in the season, most people on the fence about attending are probably still on the fence, and will most likely remain so into early summer (hell, we all want to get out there, I'm sure people are waiting until they know there is no way they'll make it).

Being obsessive about getting a ticket through STEP is basically just looking for a way to make yourself stressed out. Continue to look through every other avenue of getting them outside of scalpers, and be pleasantly surprised if/when STEP comes through for you, especially this early in the game.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

remi

Postby remi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:38 am

Eric wrote:

Period.

STEP tickets are sold as people contribute them into STEP - there is no way to know when people will decide to contribute tickets, there is no way AT ALL to know how many people are ahead of you since the BMorg doesn't release that data (which is why the time you signed up means nothing). It's still extremely early in the season, most people on the fence about attending are probably still on the fence, and will most likely remain so into early summer (hell, we all want to get out there, I'm sure people are waiting until they know there is no way they'll make it).

You may have missed the point of her post. She was just wondering why someone who appeared to enter the queue behind her was offered tickets before her. I think Capn Crunch had it right by expressing latency issues is the reason why the time you think you signed up doesn't really matter. because the order in which the you enter queue is unknown because of latency. Your perceived "entrance" time could be slightly, or drastically alterted.
We are all (I hope by now,) very well aware of the fact that nobody knows how many people are in front of us in the queue, as well as how fast (or slow,) tickets are coming it at this time... however, I believe this is also one point that we will be making in this thread numerous times in the upcoming future.

Capn Crunch

Postby Capn Crunch » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 am

remi wrote:
Eric wrote:

Period.

You may have missed the point of her post. She was just wondering why someone who appeared to enter the queue behind her was offered tickets before her. I think Capn Crunch had it right by expressing latency issues is the reason why the time you think you signed up doesn't really matter. because the order in which the you enter queue is unknown because of latency. Your perceived "entrance" time could be slightly, or drastically alterted.
We are all (I hope by now,) very well aware of the fact that nobody knows how many people are in front of us in the queue, as well as how fast (or slow,) tickets are coming it at this time... however, I believe this is also one point that we will be making in this thread numerous times in the upcoming future.

Thanks Remi... :)

Have a :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: or three on me.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:36 am

STEP ticket offers are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. While you may think you're ahead of someone (or everyone), it's entirely likely that you are not. During the initial server crush, thousands of people per minute were going through the system and joining the queue.

We now have two full years of history with STEP that show conclusively that any perceived timestamps... just do not matter. STEP is a game of weeks and months, not minutes and seconds. As has been said many times before, relax and have patience. While some people may be able to get tickets in a short period of time, most people will have a longer wait as the flow of tickets through STEP depends on contributions from ticketholders who decide that they're not going. Typically, most people sitting on the fence, if they can afford it, wait until late spring or early summer to make the decision whether they'll be going or not.

Let's please bring this thread back on topic. Post here if/when you do receive a ticket, or to congratulate someone who's gotten theirs.

branka
Burning Since: 2013

Postby branka » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:31 pm

I am screeeeeeeeeeeeeeaming!

I just bought two tickets through STEP. I register at an unspecified moment in time in the first 20 minutes. (It is hard to say with compulsive clicking and then seeing that I am signed up after the page reloaded).

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

:)

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Postby unjonharley » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:03 pm

branka wrote:I am screeeeeeeeeeeeeeaming!

I just bought two tickets through STEP. I register at an unspecified moment in time in the first 20 minutes. (It is hard to say with compulsive clicking and then seeing that I am signed up after the page reloaded).

Did you also get a car pass??
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Capn Crunch

Postby Capn Crunch » Thu May 01, 2014 12:16 am

Two thumbs up!!! Thanks for popping in and spreading the good word!

Krokodyle
Camp Name: Orphans Too / Camp Space Hole

Postby Krokodyle » Thu May 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Hey there, for those STEP Screamers who have 'bought' their ticket, has your burner profile changed? Or does it still say you are still in STEP? :?:
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.

branka

Postby branka » Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 pm

I did not buy the vehicle pass because I will not need one, but I got a chance to buy one. And I just checked, my burner profile still says I am signed up for STEP even though I paid for the ticket and got confirmation email.

smiffman

Postby smiffman » Fri May 02, 2014 8:00 am

Nice, congrats. I did the same as you in about that same time span maybe 5 min longer. Just throwing it out there for the stat peeps, even though there is no way to tell.

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”