Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
PhantomGreen

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by PhantomGreen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 pm

If I were actually able to make it to the burn, I'd probably be less concerned about having not received my tickets or an email yet. I'm sure everyone will get their tickets, but I have to get mine and then sell them, and the longer that takes the more difficult I think it will be. I learned I wasn't going to be able to make it after all just after the deadline to enter tickets back into STEP. I thought no big deal because that meant I'd have them in hand soon, but still waiting...

Hammer001
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Hammer001 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 pm

zorro sings wrote:And soon you will see another thousand tickets from the OMG sale piled on top of the(most likely) thousands of unfilled orders from a sale over 4 months ago.May it all work out but I am sure there has to be some concern about this at ticketing.

Yep, after this much time, common sense says there is an issue............. regardless what BM says..........

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:12 pm

I know.

"Don't panic, they haven't all shipped yet."

That's kind of the reason FOR the panic....

ehcsztein

Post by ehcsztein » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Leaving for the playa in 17 days and still no word on my order.

Be a shame to have spent money on a ticket and vehicle pass to help a friend attend only to have them sitting in my mail box when I return from the event.

:?

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:47 pm

PhantomGreen wrote:If I were actually able to make it to the burn, I'd probably be less concerned about having not received my tickets or an email yet. I'm sure everyone will get their tickets, but I have to get mine and then sell them, and the longer that takes the more difficult I think it will be. I learned I wasn't going to be able to make it after all just after the deadline to enter tickets back into STEP. I thought no big deal because that meant I'd have them in hand soon, but still waiting...
My understanding after reading today's Jackrabbit is, there are still a couple of days for submitting tickets...

"If you have an unneeded ticket to sell, get it into STEP (through your Burner Profile) before Friday, July 25 at 12pm (noon) PDT … that’s the deadline for submissions."

Of course, it really would be handy to actually have the ticket by then! (I'm still waiting, too...) :?
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

JohnEBGud
Camp Name: Play-a Piano

Post by JohnEBGud » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Hammer001 wrote:Yep, after this much time, common sense says there is an issue............. regardless what BM says..........
I agree.

When I purchased the tickets in February, my understanding was, rightly or wrongly, that I'd receive them in June. The second week in June I received an email stating that an address change freeze was going into effect and the tickets would be mailed thereafter. It's now going on six weeks later, about a month and a day before the gates open, and I've heard nothing more.

I don't actually care when I get the tickets prior to the event, but I would like to know that I am going to get the tickets prior to the event. What raises anxiety is the lack of communication. "Don't worry about it yet" is not very reassuring as it implies that I may have worry about it in the future. Even an email from TicketFly or BM fulfillment saying something like, "we're still sending out tickets and anticipate the process being completed by..." would be useful information. The complete silence from all involved parties leads me to agree that there is a logistical issue here.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
--Wm. Blake

moonwatcher
Camp Name: The Dusty Beavers

Post by moonwatcher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

JohnEBGud wrote: What raises anxiety is the lack of communication. "Don't worry about it yet" is not very reassuring as it implies that I may have worry about it in the future. Even an email from TicketFly or BM fulfillment saying something like, "we're still sending out tickets and anticipate the process being completed by..." would be useful information. The complete silence from all involved parties leads me to agree that there is a logistical issue here.

I totally agree. And clearly there IS a logistical issue here.
There are two issues: (1) those still waiting for their tickets and (2) those with open support cases that have never heard back from anyone.
Maybe it is time for an official statement with clear and truthful information on the status of ticketing.

I am in the second category. I did receive "my order" but it was wrong: missing a ticket and with a car pass I never ordered. My case has been open for more than 12 days and I have yet to receive anything about any type of resolution. It would be nice to hear something...
Buy the ticket, take the ride!

PhantomGreen

Post by PhantomGreen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Patsh wrote:
PhantomGreen wrote:If I were actually able to make it to the burn, I'd probably be less concerned about having not received my tickets or an email yet. I'm sure everyone will get their tickets, but I have to get mine and then sell them, and the longer that takes the more difficult I think it will be. I learned I wasn't going to be able to make it after all just after the deadline to enter tickets back into STEP. I thought no big deal because that meant I'd have them in hand soon, but still waiting...
My understanding after reading today's Jackrabbit is, there are still a couple of days for submitting tickets...

"If you have an unneeded ticket to sell, get it into STEP (through your Burner Profile) before Friday, July 25 at 12pm (noon) PDT … that’s the deadline for submissions."

Of course, it really would be handy to actually have the ticket by then! (I'm still waiting, too...) :?
I believe that's the case for will call tickets, but because I chose to have mine delivered the deadline was earlier. It was about a month ago that I attempted to put them back into STEP. I do have a friend that I promised the tickets to, but I know if I were in her shoes I would be worried relying on the word of someone who doesn't have tickets in hand yet! Ah well, I'm sure it will work out...just thought I'd add my voice to the chorus of stress, as I hadn't seen anyone with that exact same concern yet.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

If you've been waiting more than a few days for a response on an open ticket, the thing to do would be to send an email to ticketsupport@burningman.com with the ticket # in the subject line.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

And thinking that you'd receive them in June is just a random guess. In both 2012 and 2013, ticket mailing continued well into July - and I believe the majority of tickets were received in July.

Taking more time with a new provider... kind of makes sense. While there have been some order errors (such as in Moonwatcher's case), that probably would have been happening in larger numbers had things been rushed. Considering that the side benefit of a slower mail-out is that it makes things harder for counterfeiters, that's an easy decision to make.

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 pm

trilobyte wrote:And thinking that you'd receive them in June is just a random guess. In both 2012 and 2013, ticket mailing continued well into July - and I believe the majority of tickets were received in July.

Taking more time with a new provider... kind of makes sense. While there have been some order errors (such as in Moonwatcher's case), that probably would have been happening in larger numbers had things been rushed. Considering that the side benefit of a slower mail-out is that it makes things harder for counterfeiters, that's an easy decision to make.
A delayed mail-out does make things harder for counterfeiters, but the cat has been out of the bag for weeks and counterfeits have already been posted, sold, received, and discovered to be fakes. A slower mail-out and delayed support response can only hurt honest purchasers at this point, as they run out of room to deal with problems. Most burners have a practical attitude about getting hit with major problems and finding a way to deal with them, but fear of the unknown is a bit closer to the human psyche.

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

trilobyte wrote:If you've been waiting more than a few days for a response on an open ticket, the thing to do would be to send an email to ticketsupport@burningman.com with the ticket # in the subject line.
If I may, let me explain what happens.
tickets.burningman.com is actually a portal to a CRM system. When you send a request for ticket support, it gets assigned a number and you receive an automated email asking you to register on the Support site (create a password). Once you do, you have access to all your cases. When I registered, I found an old (and thankfully closed) case from months ago. The CRM tracks who you are with your email address. If you send an email, it automatically gets attached to your case. Once logged on the portal, you can see all communications related to your case (yours and theirs). If you sent a photo, that photo is attached to the case. You can post messages that are automatically appended to your case. It is actually a neat system.

I guess the only problem is that support agents seem either (1) to be slammed by an overload of cases or (2) to have not yet received directions as to how to resolve some types of cases.

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 pm

maladroit wrote: A slower mail-out and delayed support response can only hurt honest purchasers at this point, as they run out of room to deal with problems. Most burners have a practical attitude about getting hit with major problems and finding a way to deal with them, but fear of the unknown is a bit closer to the human psyche.
I think this is the crux of the matter. Being in the dark has a very practical impact.
For ex., let me use my case. I am short one ticket. That ticket was intended for a friend up in Canada. Can I give her the one ticket I have now? is that ticket really mine? or will that ticket be voided and my entire order re-issued with 2 new tickets?
By now, I assume any re-issue on this order will mean will-call. My friend and I will NOT arrive at the same time (or even on the same day - being lead on a camp, I have EA). I know will call orders cannot be split. Now, what am I supposed to do?
Will I be required to return the "bad" items before they issue a new order? That introduces a whole new complication...(I'll skip the details)

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:10 pm

moonwatcher wrote:I know will call orders cannot be split. Now, what am I supposed to do?
Incorrect - will call orders have always been able to be split, but only at Will Call, by the original purchaser. When you arrive with your EA you pick up your two tickets, you take one and hand the other back to Will Call with the legal name of the person who will be picking it up. When they arrive on the playa they will need a legal government ID with that name on it to pick up their ticket.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Moonwatcher: I hate to add more stress to your plate, but how early is your EA? Will Call doesn't open until mid-week (Wednesday, I think), so if you'd be arriving earlier than that, I believe you need a paper ticket in hand.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

JohnEBGud
Camp Name: Play-a Piano

Post by JohnEBGud » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:56 am

trilobyte wrote:And thinking that you'd receive them in June is just a random guess. In both 2012 and 2013, ticket mailing continued well into July - and I believe the majority of tickets were received in July.
Well, that's my point. How am I supposed to know what happened a year or two ago? Why should I have to guess?

The process is what it is, but communicating what it is would be helpful.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
--Wm. Blake

chuckularone
Camp Name: Fish Out Of Water

Post by chuckularone » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:11 am

Well, I feel a little better in that I am not the only one who is sitting here without the tickets I paid for months ago. I told myself I wouldn't stress about it until August 1st. I think I lied.
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:24 am

Eric wrote:
moonwatcher wrote:I know will call orders cannot be split. Now, what am I supposed to do?
Incorrect - will call orders have always been able to be split, but only at Will Call, by the original purchaser. When you arrive with your EA you pick up your two tickets, you take one and hand the other back to Will Call with the legal name of the person who will be picking it up. When they arrive on the playa they will need a legal government ID with that name on it to pick up their ticket.

Thanks Eric for the info. It seems your trick is a relatively little-known "secret"...
I got my info from this page: https://ticketsupport.burningman.com/cu ... all-order-
the page refers to a FAQ page, which I am still looking for... I found a Gate FAQ but it does not mention how to split will call orders (http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... e_faq.html)
I searched both the ticket support section as well as the burningman.com pages.

It would be nice to see some sort of confirmation in writing.
But, again, thanks for the tip. :)
This is the best news I've had in a while.

moonwatcher

Post by moonwatcher » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:30 am

BoyScoutGirl wrote:Moonwatcher: I hate to add more stress to your plate, but how early is your EA? Will Call doesn't open until mid-week (Wednesday, I think), so if you'd be arriving earlier than that, I believe you need a paper ticket in hand.
Yes, I can confirm that Will Call opens Wednesday at Noon - and not before.
It is good info for everyone to know.

Just so you know, I am OK. My plans were to arrive Wednesday around noon, anyway. So I am OK.
But big thanks BoyScoutGirl for making sure I was aware of it. :)

Maizie
Burning Since: 2011

Post by Maizie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 am

For other Canadians - I got my first confirmation email on the 15th, and I just received notice today that my tickets have made it to Toronto! I'm scheduled to have them in my hands on July 30th.

(Plus, now I can get constant updates when they move from city to city!)
"At least half of planning for a successful Burn includes thinking of how to avoid being a problem for others." - delle

VinceH
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Post by VinceH » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 am

Not to worry if you expect to be out of town when the tix arrive. Just put in a mail hold -- the yellow card -- with USPS before you leave. My carrier told me last year that they would just sit in the bin at the post office until you claim your mail. They will hand you the pink acknowledge slip to sign and then hand over your tickets. At last that's how it worked for us last year.

MacGlenver
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Post by MacGlenver » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:14 am

I'm in SF. My friend and I both ordered our tickets shipped separately to my house. They were delivered August 16th with no email warning. They were held at the post office since I wasnt home, and I went to pick them up. The USPS slip said they'd be returned to sender on August 31 if not claimed. My friend in Georgia just got his shipping notice yesterday.
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly

Gino de DRGN
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Red Flag / DRGN

Post by Gino de DRGN » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

UPDATE:
-- I ordered in the main sale
-- had my confirmation by 12:05
-- Just got my email today, Jul23

All is well. See you in the dust!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:49 am

moonwatcher wrote:Thanks Eric for the info. It seems your trick is a relatively little-known "secret"... [snip]
It would be nice to see some sort of confirmation in writing.
But, again, thanks for the tip. :)
This is the best news I've had in a while.
Here it is, straight from Ticket Support:
For regular ticket purchases, you can change the name on your ticket order. To change the name associated with your ticket order please email ticketsupport@burningman.com with your confirmation number, full name and email address associated with the order and we will give you instructions.

Please note: for will call orders we are only able to change the single name associated with the order. We cannot split up will call orders to multiple names. If multiple people need to pick up tickets on the same order and they are not arriving together, the order must be under the person arriving to Burning Man first. After that person picks up the tickets from the Box Office, they can then put any remaining tickets under separate names at Will Call. Ticket orders cannot be separated until they are picked up at Will Call (at the Box Office at the front gate of Burning Man).

Also note: Low Income tickets are not transferable.
emphasis mine
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

MoBo
Camp Name: Somewhere

Post by MoBo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Trying not to worry just like all the others on this thread who have not yet received that "tickets are on the way" Email.
Adding to my concern is the fact that others have reported receiving an Email some time back reminding them that they have until (some date) to change their mailing address. I never got that Email.

I have a wide open inbox with no spam filter. Just to test that out, I went to TicketFly and hit the button to re-send the confirmation Email from 2/26... And it worked.

TicketFly also lists the "Billed to" and "Shipped to" addresses which are correct. I'm hoping the "Shipped to" (past tense) is just how they labeled that field as it has read that way for weeks now.

I travel for work so I'm unlikely to be home whenever they arrive (or arrived).

Can anyone verify that they do not see the "Shipped to" field reading "SHIP TO" instead?
This signature left intentionally blank.

Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Madgirl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:27 pm

offarock wrote: Can anyone verify that they do not see the "Shipped to" field reading "SHIP TO" instead?
I've not received the email yet either, and my Ticketfly account reads "Shipped to" as well. I know I haven't missed the delivery because they are shipping to a PO Box. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

MoBo

Post by MoBo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Madgirl wrote: I've not received the email yet either, and my Ticketfly account reads "Shipped to" as well. I know I haven't missed the delivery because they are shipping to a PO Box. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
Thanks,

That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

VultureChow
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 pm

That is indeed how they labeled it. I did receive an email, but long before it shipped, the label was "shipped to"
Sic Semper Spectatores

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:58 pm

My sweetie received our tickets today. No email before hand. Just went to pick up his mail at the PO box and there was a note to sign for them.

It is a huge relief to know that they are in hand. Hopefully next year ticketfly will be better prepared and will have a smoother (faster more communicative) process for delivery.
In dust we trust.

MoBo

Post by MoBo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:26 pm

danibel wrote:Hopefully next year ticketfly will be better prepared and will have a smoother (faster more communicative) process for delivery.
I hope so as well but I'm tapping out. In the sight of Gods and men I swear that I shall use will call from this day, til my last day.
Every year I end up filling all the passenger space in my vehicle and every year at least one person has a will call ticket. I have found that the will call never takes that long when factored in with the gate line as a whole.

I think that's what the Borg have been trying to tell me all along. (My first year I had a ticket on a fridge magnet and it disappeared during a house party).

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”