Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
remi

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by remi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:08 pm

danibel wrote:Hopefully next year ticketfly will be better prepared and will have a smoother (faster more communicative) process for delivery.
I don't see why that would be necessary if this is exactly how it was planned to go. It's not their problem if you guys can't be patient and have your panties all in a bunch. It's not up to them to hold your hand and remind you every day that you tickets will come as late as possible to help reduce fraudulent tickets. If this is too much for you to handle, do will-call. This is how is happens every year.. and all the newbs act like children while all the vets know what's up and calmly wait for their tickets to arrive.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

delle

Post by delle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Maizie wrote:For other Canadians - I got my first confirmation email on the 15th, and I just received notice today that my tickets have made it to Toronto! I'm scheduled to have them in my hands on July 30th.

(Plus, now I can get constant updates when they move from city to city!)
I have never had a tracking number with my tickets, just a notice of them having left their hands, even tho the elevated price has always promised one.

This is a major step forward for us here in the Canukistans.
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Aithghen
Burning Since: 2011

Post by Aithghen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:25 pm

remi wrote:
danibel wrote:Hopefully next year ticketfly will be better prepared and will have a smoother (faster more communicative) process for delivery.
This is how is happens every year.. and all the newbs act like children while all the vets know what's up and calmly wait for their tickets to arrive.

But this isn't how it happens every year. The past 2 times I have bought burning man tickets (2010 and 2011) the tickets came within a month or so of ordering them. So you can't just go, "Oh it's like this every year" when that is patently false.

The issue causing a lot of anxiety for me, and I think a lot of others, is we keep hearing the same thing. "Everything is just fine, nothing is going wrong and this roll out is exactly as it should be."

Meanwhile, in reality, there are posts every day here and on reddit, that are going, "I didn't get any e-mail, but I did get my tickets." If that is exactly as it should be, I would really hate to see if things were going wrong. Someone on here even got an extra set of tickets. So clearly things aren't going perfectly, and in my opinions based on the posts I'm seeing, they aren't even going what I would describe as well.

This toeing the party line adds to the stress and anxiety of everyone. It makes people expecting tickets anxious, which makes them complain, which makes the people trying to mail them more anxious. It's a super vicious cycle. Part of radical self reliance is admitting to mistakes and issues as they occur. And that isn't being done here. So when things are clearly going wrong, and you guys just keep telling us it isn't, it erodes our trust and faith in the system.

I would love to see a posting on the Twitter account or some answers to these questions on the Burning Man Ticket support page. And acknowledgement that issues are happening, and maybe a plan on what happens if, as a lot of people fear, they don't get their tickets before they leave.

Honestly, I am not entirely sure why burning man hasn't switched over to an all digital ticketing system. It would eliminate nearly all of these issues if you just go with digital copies. I love how pretty the tickets are, and they are great, but is it really worth the headache?

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 pm

remi wrote:
I don't see why that would be necessary if this is exactly how it was planned to go....... tickets will come as late as possible to help reduce fraudulent tickets.
Your theory/quote above could be very true.If so why not have relevant parties post this"information" somewhere.Maybe add "Could be dragged out from June 15th until sometime in August".I doubt with just this vague description and morsel of information this page would exist.

As far as "this is the way it always works".No,in the past,when tickets were announced as being sent out they almsot always got to you in 2-3 weeks if not sooner.Score a posthumas one for Inticket anyway.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

MoBo
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Somewhere

Post by MoBo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:36 pm

remi wrote:It's not their problem if you guys can't be patient and have your panties all in a bunch. It's not up to them to hold your hand and remind you every day that you tickets will come as late as possible to help reduce fraudulent tickets. If this is too much for you to handle, do will-call. This is how is happens every year.. and all the newbs act like children while all the vets know what's up and calmly wait for their tickets to arrive.
Remi,

As for myself, the concern is derived from the fact that some clients get notifications to change their addresses and others do not; some clients are receiving notifications that tickets have shipped and others do not.

I suppose that the slow roll out of tickets could be part of a plan to somehow thwart fraudulent tickets but as others have stated, I cannot see any way that telling us about such a plan would hurt said plan.

100% notification that tickets have shipped would actually make it less likely that someone could remove them from my mailbox while I'm gone (and yes USPS is suppose to require a signature but at my previous address I have found the tickets and other signature-required mail simply left in the box).

Some of us do enjoy whining I suppose. I'm sorry if my post came off that way, but much of this thread seems to be reasonable constructive suggestions that TF could resolve before next year.

I'll take your will call advise, though. Why not.
This signature left intentionally blank.

Hope-a-Lope
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Decadent Oasis

Post by Hope-a-Lope » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Just tonight I got my ticketfly email notification (not in spam folder), and there's a tracking number. FWIW I bought through the directed group sale.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Aithghen wrote:
remi wrote:
This is how is happens every year.. and all the newbs act like children while all the vets know what's up and calmly wait for their tickets to arrive.

But this isn't how it happens every year. The past 2 times I have bought burning man tickets (2010 and 2011) the tickets came within a month or so of ordering them. So you can't just go, "Oh it's like this every year" when that is patently false.
The past two times you purchased tickets were before they started selling out! 2011 was the first sell-out (in mid-July), things hadn't changed yet (you could still buy them at walk-up outlets until April or May that year). The world of Burning Man tickets has changed dramatically since 2011. No tickets start shipping until as late as possible to cut down on counterfeiters, there are no walk-up outlets or tickets for sale at the Gate, they have been shipping this late for the past few years. It's a little slower right now as they work with a brand new ticket vendor, but this is the new reality.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

danibel
Burning Since: 2009

Post by danibel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 pm

remi wrote:
I don't see why that would be necessary if this is exactly how it was planned to go. It's not their problem if you guys can't be patient and have your panties all in a bunch. It's not up to them to hold your hand and remind you every day that you tickets will come as late as possible to help reduce fraudulent tickets. If this is too much for you to handle, do will-call. This is how is happens every year.. and all the newbs act like children while all the vets know what's up and calmly wait for their tickets to arrive.
Well excuse me long time burner than thou Remi. I have bought tickets for the past 5 years and had them shipped and it's never taken 6 weeks for delivery, and I could be wrong, but I believe I have received an email notice before they shipped.

I have no problem with the delay in shipping to avoid counterfeiting. What I would like to see is some communication and acknowledgement that it's taking longer than they thought and that there have been a few hiccups. It would go a long way in relieving anxiety for people waiting and not receiving any word. The post from Trilo helped, but he is not the org or ticketfly. When most of my friends have received their shipment, and I haven't, it caused me to panic a bit. The panic is over and my post was sent to confirm another person receiving tickets without the email or other notice of shipment. And when I pay $400 for something I do expect some customer service, heck yes I do.

My panties aren't in a bunch, and I don't need any hand holding. Thanks.
In dust we trust.

MFOB
Camp Name: Camp Hot Mayo

Post by MFOB » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Got the dreaded " we were here and you weren't" pink slip in the mailbox. Headed to the PO tomorrow.

On a lighter note. I never got an email. Had no idea they would come today.
These angles are all fenced up!

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm waiting until August 1st before I get anxious. Still, they're taking their sweet time. Maybe there were some printer problems or something.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm waiting for the all-clear (meaning they've announced that all orders have mailed) before either I get nervous, or I recommend anyone else does.

Relax, folks, there's no need to get snippy or short with each other. Hooray for those who are able to be patient (and lead longer, more stress free lives hehe) and please have patience with the people who aren't able to.

I'm sorry to hear about the surprise notification, MFOB. If you get a moment please send an FYI email to the ticketsupport@burningman.com address, in the subject line put FYI: Order # _______ No email notification and then in the body just let them know what you've shared with us. That may help them figure out patterns and squish that nasty pain in the butt.

Hammer001
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Hammer001 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:38 am

Aithghen wrote:
remi wrote:

The issue causing a lot of anxiety for me, and I think a lot of others, is we keep hearing the same thing. "Everything is just fine, nothing is going wrong and this roll out is exactly as it should be."

Meanwhile, in reality, there are posts every day here and on reddit, that are going, "I didn't get any e-mail, but I did get my tickets." If that is exactly as it should be, I would really hate to see if things were going wrong. Someone on here even got an extra set of tickets. So clearly things aren't going perfectly, and in my opinions based on the posts I'm seeing, they aren't even going what I would describe as well.

This toeing the party line adds to the stress and anxiety of everyone. It makes people expecting tickets anxious, which makes them complain, which makes the people trying to mail them more anxious. It's a super vicious cycle. Part of radical self reliance is admitting to mistakes and issues as they occur. And that isn't being done here. So when things are clearly going wrong, and you guys just keep telling us it isn't, it erodes our trust and faith in the system.

I would love to see a posting on the Twitter account or some answers to these questions on the Burning Man Ticket support page. And acknowledgement that issues are happening, and maybe a plan on what happens if, as a lot of people fear, they don't get their tickets before they leave.

Honestly, I am not entirely sure why burning man hasn't switched over to an all digital ticketing system. It would eliminate nearly all of these issues if you just go with digital copies. I love how pretty the tickets are, and they are great, but is it really worth the headache?

Nicely said!!!!!!!!!!

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:47 am

Got a confirm last evening.. With a tracking #.. Being put together not in the mail..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

MFOB

Post by MFOB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 am

trilobyte wrote: I'm sorry to hear about the surprise notification, MFOB. If you get a moment please send an FYI email to the ticketsupport@burningman.com address, in the subject line put FYI: Order # _______ No email notification and then in the body just let them know what you've shared with us. That may help them figure out patterns and squish that nasty pain in the butt.
Will do. As soon as I get to the PO, Ill find the ticket order # and let them know. Is it the same Ticket Order # that is on Ticketfly?

Worst part about all of it. I have 2 PO near me, and it was checked that it was at "The Post Office" WTF? And also, the Mailman scribbled down the tracking number, I cant read it, Ive tried all combinations, all digits, etc. What a painful experience.

MFOB

Post by MFOB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:49 am

Sure as shit. I went to MY local PO. No deals there. I had to drive across town to the other PO. Dang Mailmen.

I thought that tickets were coming with a Fireball. No deals there as well. I was jsut as excited for my Fireball as the tickets, well, a bit less, but still.

Shaman-n-KK
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: OSIRIS

Post by Shaman-n-KK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 am

Dear, sweet, 6 lb 4 oz Baby Jeebus, I got an email late last night too! Of course, when I click on tracking, it says "no information exists for that tracking ID", but hey, at least it's in the system.

Oh, and If I don't get a Fireball, I'm demanding a refund! The paper tickets are a $1, the Fireball costs $799. You get what you pay for!
"Shaman-n-KK: Campaigning for a DBag-free Playa experience since 2000"

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 am

The post office holding the package should be the one that deals with mail from your zip code. The one your carrier works out of.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:06 pm

pink wrote:The post office holding the package should be the one that deals with mail from your zip code. The one your carrier works out of.
And that's not always the post office that is the closest to where you live. We have a post office just about 1/2 block away from where we live, yet our mail and postman uses an office almost a mile away.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

MFOB

Post by MFOB » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Not the case here. The LOCAL post office is where the mail comes through for my ZIP code. But, they have scaled down things and little did I know they no longer have carriers there. So, they are all out of a building in a completely different city.

But who cares, they are only about 8 miles apart, thats not the issue now. No Fireball. WTF?

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 pm

If you check your tracking# when you first get it.. It will say no info.. You have not read the post.. My post clearly stated: it had not been mailed..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 pm

I as of yet, still have not received any notification as to when my tickets will be headed my way either.
Hopefully soon but im not panicing......yet! :D
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

remi

Post by remi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:30 pm

danibel wrote:
Well excuse me long time burner than thou Remi.......

My panties aren't in a bunch, and I don't need any hand holding. Thanks.

You may be excused.

Could have fooled me.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

One-Eye

Post by One-Eye » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Another day and no tickets or notification email.....

Fuck Ticketfly.

fernley1
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:33 pm

No e-mail yet here.
People are getting angry about the delay. My wife, who is a postal worker, told me that when folks show up to the post office to sign for a package and its NOT their tickets, they are getting pretty upset.
She is also hearing about it a lot on her route.
She works in Reno.

AfricanFire
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Post by AfricanFire » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm not freaking out yet, but I'm getting close.
People are getting angry about the delay. My wife, who is a postal worker, told me that when folks show up to the post office to sign for a package and its NOT their tickets, they are getting pretty upset.
This exactly. This doesn't seem to be an "oh we're getting to it" kind of problem. When everywhere I look and everyone I speak to is still waiting for their tickets, I think there is a problem. Only 20% of the people in our camp have their tickets already, and they paid for the extra UPS shipping option. Nobody who opted for the standard shipping choice has theirs. There is a crescendo of people who haven't got theirs yet. With a week left till they're all supposed to be shipped, it should be safe to assume that most people have got their tickets by now, and it is down to the last 20 - 25% still waiting. It honestly seems like only 20 -25% of people have their tickets.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:50 pm

I think it's funny that we didn't have to wait hours to buy our tickets this year and everything went so smoothly in the sale.

Now we get the wait at the end instead of the beginning. :lol:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:01 am

fernley1 wrote:No e-mail yet here.
She works in Reno.

Mmmph? I French kissed my mailman when he delivered my ticket. On July 5th :D
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Jovankat
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:18 am

lucky420 wrote:
She works in Reno.

I hope this is true :)

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:09 am

lucky420 wrote:
She works in Reno.

Hahahaahhaaa... if I did that, she'd probably punch me out and ask for a transfer!
So, meanwhile... still no email, and 'patiently' waiting... :roll:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:27 am

No joy here either yet. John got tickets very early in the sale, so it's obvious they aren't fulfilling orders in the same order they were placed.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”