Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by AfricanFire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

Mine came today too! Finally - yay!

kittyrodriguez
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BRC-ESD Fire Camp Station 3

Post by kittyrodriguez » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Arggghhhh!!! I have been checking my email every hour on the hour for the last week. My husband got his emails last night, but nothing for me. I think this might be a "watched pot never boils" scenario", but I can't help it...

ziggy_playadust
Camp Name: KSA Disco Katz

Post by ziggy_playadust » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 am

No email, no tickets yet >:O

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Got my WillCall ticket verification email last night. Which is good, since I had already purchased my plane flights and arranged everything on the assumption I would have a ticket.

I used to get my tickets shipped to me. But the stress of waiting for them to arrive in Canada was high. Now I get them held for me at Will Call. No concerns about them getting lost in shipping, no worrying about me losing them (which has happened due to an unfortunate stash location).. I just show up at the Will Call office, show them my photo ID & confirmation email and vola - tickets in hand.

3 years in a row with only positive Will Call experiences.. No complaints here.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

a figment

Post by a figment » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Received email earlier this week with tracking number, tickets arrived today, (2 tickets and parking pass). a few more things to finish up before trip.

Monkeystyle
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 pm

no kidding Rice, I've been waiting in Winnipeg for ever it seems, on the phone with Canada post, seems they made it to Toronto on the 23rd, and haven't left there yet even though they say in transit. Canada post says that they should have been delivered on the 29th but have no information on where they are!?!?!?!?!?
oh and as the person receiving the tickets I can not make a complaint, only the sender of the package can. been on hold with ticket fly for the last half hour.

jneilvindy

Post by jneilvindy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Sad to say but at this point my whole burn is tainted by this ticket fiasco.

I know it's crazy and irrational but I'm an OCD control freak who believes to the bottom of my soul in taking care of details and organizing every aspect of my life.
There is no amount of relax, let it go, have faith it's all going to work out that will ever change me at this point in my life.

I relax when I've taken care of business. I let things go when I've made sure I've done what needs to be done.

The fact that tickets I ordered in February cannot be tracked by the company that sold them to me. That 5 days of phone calls and 10 emails have resulted in silence and not one answer that wasn't a canned auto-reply. The fact that there is no way for me to speak to someone who can access the information I want directly and instead I have to go through intermediaries that cannot, is simply unacceptable to me and my way of thinking and what I consider to be average customer service.

The levels of stress this has caused me this week have affected my work and my home life to a degree I honestly didn't think was possible to get to me at this point in my life.

Yet here I am. :cry:

No matter how awesome this burn is. No matter the people I meet and the experiences I have the only thing I will take away from all this is the absolute misery this ticket fiasco has put me through.

Sorry I'm venting but with no option to discuss this with the ORG and no wish to drag people close to me into my misery I'm dumping it on you guys here. :oops:

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:14 pm

You're tainting your burn!

Knock it off!!!!!!! :lol:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

jneilvindy

Post by jneilvindy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:25 pm

FIGJAM wrote:You're tainting your burn!

Knock it off!!!!!!! :lol:
Maybe I just like using the word "taint!"

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:33 pm

jneilvindy wrote:
No matter how awesome this burn is. No matter the people I meet and the experiences I have the only thing I will take away from all this is the absolute misery this ticket fiasco has put me through.
If you do make it out to the desert, bring some hot sauce.

You'll more than likely end up eating those words.

The CircUs will clear all of that up for you.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Monkeystyle
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:48 pm

jneilvindy I'm in the same boat kind of. I am a total control freak. hell, I've been mostly packed for the burn for the last month now lol. and not knowing where my tickets are is driving me crazy. next year if I can make it again, I'll be going with will call to save the head ache

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:00 pm

jneilvindy wrote:... I'm venting but with no option...
That's the spirit brother!!! Welcome to the club. That is as much the Burner experience as dressing up in costumes. You take it out on us, I take it out on Indiana, but now we understand.
There is alot of bs involved in the ticket precess, for sure. But it does help us peons learn that life is uncertain, there are no guarantees.
You'll get your tickets, have no problem getting rid of the extra if you need to, and have a kickass time. I'll bring some sriracha sauce for you.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 3 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 pm

New idea for outfit:
ImageImage

Hang in there. When you are hunkered down in a the shadow of an art car during a dust storm, ticket worries will just melt away.
Sic Semper Spectatores

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Well, guys, I hate to rain on your dungeon in the sky, but........

My Tickets arrived today!! No email. Two tickets, two Survival Guides, one vehicle pass, one Atomic Fireball and a little card with my name (correctly spelled!) and address.

YAY!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:09 pm

jneilvindy wrote:Sad to say but at this point my whole burn is tainted by this ticket fiasco.
You might do well to not try to attend in the first place. Seriously. If something like this is causing this level of grief and stress in your life, cut it out like the cancer it is, no matter what it is.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Hammer001

Post by Hammer001 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:21 pm

[quote="jneilvindy"]Sad to say but at this point my whole burn is tainted by this ticket fiasco.

I know it's crazy and irrational but I'm an OCD control freak who believes to the bottom of my soul in taking care of details and organizing every aspect of my life.
There is no amount of relax, let it go, have faith it's all going to work out that will ever change me at this point in my life.

I relax when I've taken care of business. I let things go when I've made sure I've done what needs to be done.

The fact that tickets I ordered in February cannot be tracked by the company that sold them to me. That 5 days of phone calls and 10 emails have resulted in silence and not one answer that wasn't a canned auto-reply. The fact that there is no way for me to speak to someone who can access the information I want directly and instead I have to go through intermediaries that cannot, is simply unacceptable to me and my way of thinking and what I consider to be average customer service.

The levels of stress this has caused me this week have affected my work and my home life to a degree I honestly didn't think was possible to get to me at this point in my life.

Well said! I know many in the same boat who would agree 100%.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Lonesomebri wrote:
jneilvindy wrote:... I'm venting but with no option...
That's the spirit brother!!! Welcome to the club. That is as much the Burner experience as dressing up in costumes. You take it out on us, I take it out on Indiana, but now we understand.
There is alot of bs involved in the ticket precess, for sure. But it does help us peons learn that life is uncertain, there are no guarantees.
You'll get your tickets, have no problem getting rid of the extra if you need to, and have a kickass time. I'll bring some sriracha sauce for you.
What Bri said. The best playa magic happens when you let it happen rather than forcing it.

I will now go back into my cranky, anti-hippie normality.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:26 am

jneilvindy wrote:No matter how awesome this burn is. No matter the people I meet and the experiences I have the only thing I will take away from all this is the absolute misery this ticket fiasco has put me through.
You'll probably think differently once you finally make it there. It doesn't ease (perhaps even amplifies) the frustration over ticket problems, but at least you know that ANYTHING they can do to you, as long as you DO get the tickets, will ultimately be worth it.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:47 pm

jneilvindy wrote:I know it's crazy and irrational but I'm an OCD control freak who believes to the bottom of my soul in taking care of details and organizing every aspect of my life.
This year is either going to help you ease up on that, or you are going to hate Burning Man with a passion. Outside of the little you have direct control over (your camp & when you eat), almost nothing happens like it's planned at Burning Man. It is a serious of accidents, failures, fuck-ups, and "oh-crap" moments - a major phrase to learn when things go wrong & you can't fix it is: "it's Burning Man" (which basically means "whatever, move on"). It is also pure excitement and wonder, but only if you let the random moments in.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Post by DrYes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Tickets finally arrived.....sans the vehicle pass. Sigh.

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:16 pm

DrYes wrote:Tickets finally arrived.....sans the vehicle pass. Sigh.
DrYes, check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=367&t=69694
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

jneilvindy

Post by jneilvindy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:45 pm

[quoteIf you have received a tracking number in the last 20 minutes or so today, 7/31/14, for your Burning Man tickets, PLEASE DISREGARD. You will be issued a new tracking number shortly.][/quote]

That's from Ticketfly's website.

So the drama continues.

I finally got a response concerning my ticket inquiries.

Burningman ticket support switched my inquiry from Open to Resolved.

Of course they didn't explain anything, Just switched it to resolved. So I re-opened it and created a new inquiry for them to sort through as well. I've definitely gone from politely patient to pissed off annoyed so if they wanna play the close it and move on game so be it.

VultureChow
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Have you called Ticketfly support? That seems to have had the best luck for everyone so far.
Sic Semper Spectatores

jneilvindy

Post by jneilvindy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:27 pm

VultureChow wrote:Have you called Ticketfly support? That seems to have had the best luck for everyone so far.
I called them Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Ticketfly's answer is they are waiting on burningman ticket support to get back to them with an answer.

So Monday I will create 10 open inquiries with burningman ticket support, call the (415) TO-FLAME number as well as call ticketfly.

I'll do this every day and continue until I have a tracking number with USPS.

I figure sooner or later they are going to get the hint I want my tickets.

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Came home thursday to a pink slip awaiting me in the mailbox.
I did not receive an email notice that they were shipped but was thrilled nontheless on friday when I went to the post office, signed and walked out with them in hand!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

Maizie

Post by Maizie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:31 pm

jneilvindy wrote:
VultureChow wrote:Have you called Ticketfly support? That seems to have had the best luck for everyone so far.
I called them Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Ticketfly's answer is they are waiting on burningman ticket support to get back to them with an answer.

So Monday I will create 10 open inquiries with burningman ticket support, call the (415) TO-FLAME number as well as call ticketfly.

I'll do this every day and continue until I have a tracking number with USPS.

I figure sooner or later they are going to get the hint I want my tickets.
I know you're really frustrated, but I've worked in customer support before - creating ten duplicate tickets is NOT going to help in terms of getting things resolved.

It sounds like the Burning Man ticket was resolved after your last call to Ticketfly (if I'm understanding the timeline properly) - when you call them on Monday, it could be all sorted out.
"At least half of planning for a successful Burn includes thinking of how to avoid being a problem for others." - delle

fernley1
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Well, after lots of worrying and whining on my part, I can now finally say...

I GOT MY TICKETS TODAY.
Doing happy dance.

To those who haven't gotten there tickets yet, I hope it all works out for you.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Maizie wrote:It sounds like the Burning Man ticket was resolved after your last call to Ticketfly (if I'm understanding the timeline properly) - when you call them on Monday, it could be all sorted out.
Agreed. However, not telling him is not a very deft way of dealing with the human/customer part of the equation.

*sigh*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Maizie

Post by Maizie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Maizie wrote:It sounds like the Burning Man ticket was resolved after your last call to Ticketfly (if I'm understanding the timeline properly) - when you call them on Monday, it could be all sorted out.
Agreed. However, not telling him is not a very deft way of dealing with the human/customer part of the equation.

*sigh*
Oh, agreed. It's definitely not the best (or even a good) way to go about it.

And congrats, fernley1! Glad you've got everything.
"At least half of planning for a successful Burn includes thinking of how to avoid being a problem for others." - delle

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 pm

It's no longer the llc (on two levels), but their tin ear with human relations marches on...
The Lady with a Lamprey

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”