Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by VultureChow » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Drawingablank wrote:Does Ticketfly update the order info with a tracking number when it ships? Or otherwise give some indication of whether or not it has shipped?
If you mean on your account page when you log in to ticketfly, then the answer is no.
Sic Semper Spectatores

nocturnal_steve
Burning Since: 1997

Post by nocturnal_steve » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Got my tickets today YEAH. There was no prior e.mail, just a loud "knock on the door" in the form of a loud sound like an M-80
or sledge hammer crashing through the roof. Fearing the worse I unplugged the power source to my Hydroponic Herb garden, cowered
in the basement and waited for an hour. Nothing. As I emerged I saw a stork flying away, and wrapped in bright pink ribbon was
a small package with my tickets inside.
Stay hydrated my friend.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Figured that VC, but was kinda hoping since my mailman is very hit or miss with stuff that needs signatures and they obviously are not very on top of sending the shipped emails.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

sayZar1999
Burning Since: 2011

Post by sayZar1999 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 pm

The only way I got the tracking number was by calling Ticketfly and waiting on hold for about 10 minutes. I have emailed the postal service but who knows when I will get a response. My biggest complaint is how early BMORG cut off the address change option with the Ticketfly website. I should be able to update my address as many times as I want until the ticket ships. My second biggest complaint is that the USPS is obviously inept.
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Looks to me like ticketfly is getting its help from the short bus..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:28 pm

After following this thread for the last month or two, all I can say is I am glad I opted for the slight extra expense of the 2 day UPS shipping. I never got a notification, but they just showed up one day about a month ago. Seeing what has been going on, I feel very fortunate.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 pm

USPS was a wonderful organization before congressoids declared war on it and its employees and put on all sorts of wacky crap conditions on its operation.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 pm

For me, paying for 2-day delivery is like paying for faster shipping from a Hong Kong online store: the real wait is the time for the shop to find and eventually ship the product, not the transit time. I only just received my shipping notification about a day or two ago. Paying for same-day scramjet delivery wouldn't have made it arrive a month ago.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I just paid regular usps shipping and got my ticket July 5
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

snardy

Post by snardy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:08 am

After waiting eagerly, I got the Ticketfly notification email on Wednesday and my tickers arrived in DC today (Saturday).
I highly recommend signing up for the USPS package text messaged notification. I received notifications as my package moved through various facilities and received one on Saturday morning saying that it was out for delivery. I received another this afternoon, when the mailman left the package in my mailbox. I ran down, grabbed my package, and saw the mailman dropping off mail in the next apartment building down the block - it was great to get updates in real time.

Roundabout
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Post by Roundabout » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:59 am

Still no email and no tickets here. Not a peep. At least a courtesy email saying I am on their list and they are still working seems like it would be a minimal best practices kindness thing to do..... Frustrated and worried. :cry:
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:44 am

Roundabout wrote:Still no email and no tickets here. Not a peep. At least a courtesy email saying I am on their list and they are still working seems like it would be a minimal best practices kindness thing to do.
It sounds like a hand-holding waste of time. Remember, every minute they spend reassuring people that they aren't finished is another minute they could have spent on sending out the tickets instead. And we would hear complaints of "Why are they sending me emails telling me my tickets aren't coming? When I saw Ticketfly as a sending address I got all excited, but it turned out to be a false alarm." And "I can't find my email telling me not to worry, everybody else got one," when it was treated as spam by the gmail or whoever. Or, to put it another way, you can't please everybody.
Keep calm and prep for burningman. Your ticket will get there.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

sayZar1999

Post by sayZar1999 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 pm

I signed up for the USPS text message notification for my package. It has gone back to Redding from San Diego now. FYI, I am in Red Bluff. Redding is 30 miles away. San Diego is 650 miles away. My tickets went from San Francisco to Redding (210 miles) to Red Bluff (30 miles) marked undeliverable instead of being forwarded to my new address that I had given them 10 days prior, sent on to San Diego (650 miles), back to Redding (680 miles) and hopefully to me tomorrow at my new address (30 miles).

A grand total of 1600ish miles for what should have been a 200 mile journey. No wonder the postal service is going broke.
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Couldn't be the killing limitation that they have to fund their pension cost for the next 75 years now, nosiree bob.
The Lady with a Lamprey

maladroit

Post by maladroit » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Remember, every minute they spend reassuring people that they aren't finished is another minute they could have spent on sending out the tickets instead.
Yes, every time the phone rings, someone has to get up from the table where they were stuffing envelopes, walk over, and handle the support question. That's exactly how they have their organization set up.

angryeunuch

Post by angryeunuch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:22 pm

I've been worried about my lack of ticket. About a month ago, I saw someone say, "Don't worry unless you don't see your ticket by the 25th." Well, the 25th rolled around and no ticket. Genuinely started losing my shit. Tickets came the same day, no email. Honestly, I can't even get mad about it :D

AfricanFire
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Post by AfricanFire » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Still nothing here. Sigh.

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:15 pm

AfricanFire wrote:Still nothing here. Sigh.
*sigh* :roll:

patiently waiting....
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

fernley1
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Still waiting and waiting and waiting....

MoBo
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Somewhere

Post by MoBo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:10 am

remi wrote:
I'm starting to understand the stress that some of you are going through. My condolences, and I hope everything works out in the end.
Nice comment from you Remi. Yes there is an element of whining on this thread, but there are real scenarios that get less likely to be resolved as we get closer to the event.

If like some reporting here, my tickets were delivered weeks ago to another address, following the advise to wait until ticketfly announces that fulfillment has been completed will not leave much time for me to get it sorted.

Though I hate to add to the workload of the folks at Ticketfly by calling in and making an inquiry thereby taking time away from someone who IS busy stuffing envelopes, the inconsistency of notification emails actually going out coupled with the number of people reporting receiving more tickets than were ordered, makes me hope that steps will be taken to correct this before next year.
This signature left intentionally blank.

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Post by JayBobBoy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:05 am

steps will be taken to correct this before next year.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! You should read the last three years of ticket threads!

Sure they'll take some some steps...and then they'll find a new way to torture the masses!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

Akela
Camp Name: Kamp Suckie Fuckaye

Post by Akela » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 am

Got my email on July 23rd, but had no actual data available when I tried to track the shipment. Checked impatiently every day, getting a stupid little message about there being no record of the package. Last night I dreamed about receiving my tickets and woke up groggily believing it was true, and felt dumb when I realized it wasn't. Checked the shipping status again this morning to discover a nice little list of all the places the package went over the last five days on its way to my PO box. Ready for pickup now. :D

Now still waiting on the second set of tickets, for my girlfriend's virgin parents. No email as of yet. Freakout rate reduced to about 30% from around 50% yesterday.

Roundabout
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Post by Roundabout » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

I called ticketfly today and asked if my tickets had been shipped yet. I was told that they were shipped last Friday. After a good bit more waiting, the ticketfly guy was able to provide a tracking number. I commented that I did not receive a shipping notice email from ticketfly and asked if they had just given up on sending those out. This particular ticketfly guy said that ticketfly NEVER sends shipping notification emails. He said that was the responsibility of the post office and that the post office was hit or miss as to whether a shipping notice email went out. I call bullshit.

Anyway, according to the post office, my tickets have been sitting in SF since Friday. That is still a long ways from Tennessee. :roll:
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

sayZar1999

Post by sayZar1999 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:17 pm

The postman attempted to deliver at my house this morning. I was at work. I should be picking up my tickets from the post office this time tomorrow!

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:20 pm

You'll feel like this when your tickets arrive!!! 8)

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

MoBo
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Somewhere

Post by MoBo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

JayBobBoy wrote:
steps will be taken to correct this before next year.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! You should read the last three years of ticket threads!

Sure they'll take some some steps...and then they'll find a new way to torture the masses!
You know what? Now that I read what I wrote I realize it may be the dumbest thing I have ever put up on Eplaya.
This signature left intentionally blank.

Samanthrax
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: AntiCamp

Post by Samanthrax » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Thank you Trilobyte! That does ease my mind. I haven't had a full melt down yet but I do check the mailbox a little anxiously every day... Holding the ticket in my hand will be a thrill I haven't experienced in 3 years too long!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Peritwinkle
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A - Peritwinkle's venue

Post by Peritwinkle » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Trilobyte, I believe you mentioned you would let us know when to panic...... The three key members of our camp still do not have tickets; one being the camp lead (myself). Trying super hard to be patient, but also am expected to give daily (if not hourly updates) to camp members without their tix. Any idea when the last day for shipping will be? Is it only the directed group sale tickets that are delayed? Or does it have something to do with Nor Cal? Should I just drive to SF to pick up tickets? Argh.

Hammer001
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Hammer001 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Peritwinkle wrote:Trilobyte, I believe you mentioned you would let us know when to panic...... The three key members of our camp still do not have tickets; one being the camp lead (myself). Trying super hard to be patient, but also am expected to give daily (if not hourly updates) to camp members without their tix. Any idea when the last day for shipping will be? Is it only the directed group sale tickets that are delayed? Or does it have something to do with Nor Cal? Should I just drive to SF to pick up tickets? Argh.

I still have not gotten my 2 tickets and parking pass. I called TicketFly today and they told me tickets “should” ship by August 1st and to throw the “RED FLAG” August 8th…………..Ugg

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Got a notice on the 23rd it was posted (mail) on the 23rd and arrived today 28th.. four working days.. #s are right..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”