Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by trilobyte » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Orders have been going out via UPS as well as USPS since mailing started last month. The tickets are still mailed out in batches - the difference between UPS and USPS is not a matter of you going to the first batch, it's a matter of how the shipment is handled once it's sent out.

Niobium
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Asterix

Post by Niobium » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Kinda figured it was more of a security thing than a speed thing. Thanks Trilo.

And no Fidget, not with the Treehouse Gang.

Shaman-n-KK
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: OSIRIS

Post by Shaman-n-KK » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:52 pm

For me, still no tickets, and still no email confirmation...nada. I'm in Reno and bought during the camp directed sale in early Feb. Other camp mates have received their tickets a while ago, so I'm wondering when that elevates the "be patient" to "freak out"?
"Shaman-n-KK: Campaigning for a DBag-free Playa experience since 2000"

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Not yet. It looks like they did a big batch of Canadian ones, per the posts here and by the Canucks in my camp. Which, given Canada post has been notorious for being slow as molasses, is nice for our friends north of the border. I just had a campmate in San Jose chime in too. I won't panic for at least another week, although I do check my email about 50 tomes a day..... :shock:
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

mumblemouth
Burning Since: 2014

Post by mumblemouth » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:30 am

Since most are not getting emails with tracking numbers. Hope you get lucky and are at home when delivery is made. I unfortunately wasnt. Had notice left at door to pick up at post office. Went next day , could not locate package. apparently they just shipped it back to sender. Emailed support. this is answer i got.
Hello xxxxx,

Ticket are not resent if they were not signed for. I’ve checked your tracking number and it looks like your package is already on its way back to us. We will reach back out once your package is returned to us by USPS.

Thank you,

remi

Post by remi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 am

I did will call, so I don't need to worry about this for the first time.

I hear good and bad things.. but the worse thing I've heard by far is that you don't get a candy at will call.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Post by VultureChow » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:52 am

mumblemouth wrote:Since most are not getting emails with tracking numbers.
I'm sorry you're having issues, but I'm not sure it's fair to say a majority of purchasers did not receive emails. The sample here is too small and especially for first time posters in this forum, I think it's self selecting in favor of those having problems.

I received the email. And lost of others here did.
Sic Semper Spectatores

Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Madgirl » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:02 am

remi wrote:I hear good and bad things.. but the worse thing I've heard by far is that you don't get a candy at will call.
I'm planning to bring a big bag of fireballs to give to the folks at will call to hand out to people. Nobody should miss out on that.
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Post by JayBobBoy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:19 am

I fixed it for you. The BMorg defenders should back off now...probably not though, they're very resilient.
Since SOME are not getting emails with tracking numbers. Hope you get lucky and are at home when delivery is made. I unfortunately wasnt. Had notice left at door to pick up at post office. Went next day , could not locate package. apparently they just shipped it back to sender.
That situation really sucks. If you were planning to get there with an early pass before Wednesday, I suppose you are out of luck!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

Aurorealis

Post by Aurorealis » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:22 am

I had my tickets mailed to my parents' house in Virginia because I was moving around a bit (I'm now in Colorado). They received them, and my mom forwarded them because the man at the post office said they were forwardable. However, that was two weeks ago, so they should have gotten here by now. Should I just contact Ticketfly and see if I can get a tracking number?

Fidget
Burning Since: 2013

Post by Fidget » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:56 am

Has anyone else had this happen? We're never at home when packages arrive (we work all day) so this sort of situation is what I'd like to call 'balls'. :P

Would like to be prepared for this to happen so we can sort something out or be prepared to deal with it..
mumblemouth wrote:Since most are not getting emails with tracking numbers. Hope you get lucky and are at home when delivery is made. I unfortunately wasnt. Had notice left at door to pick up at post office. Went next day , could not locate package. apparently they just shipped it back to sender. Emailed support. this is answer i got.
Hello xxxxx,

Ticket are not resent if they were not signed for. I’ve checked your tracking number and it looks like your package is already on its way back to us. We will reach back out once your package is returned to us by USPS.

Thank you,
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

tahiti_treat
Camp Name: NoTown

Post by tahiti_treat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:59 am

remi wrote:I did will call, so I don't need to worry about this for the first time.

I hear good and bad things.. but the worse thing I've heard by far is that you don't get a candy at will call.
I had fun at Will Call in 2012. In a "let's make the best of it, we're all in this together" kind of way. The best part was cheering for the people ahead of us in line when they would receive their tickets, high-fiving them as they ran back to their cars all excited.

FossaFerox
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 am

For those of you who did get an email, what was the delay between email and arrival?
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:28 am

Most are reporting 2 to 3 days.

My nieces took a week.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

roller1

Post by roller1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:59 am

Still no notification. Perhaps I can speed things along with this post. It seems to have worked for others.
roller

lengen

Post by lengen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 am

We still haven't heard anything from Ticketfly or UPS, definitely shouldn't have paid the extra $40 for Expedited Canada UPS method.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:03 am

FossaFerox wrote:For those of you who did get an email, what was the delay between email and arrival?

got my email on July 1 received my tickets on July 5

BOOM!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

snardy

Post by snardy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

I still haven't received mine yet and I completed my transaction with Ticketfly by 12:02pm on the sale day (I know this doesn't matter).
I'm in DC, so hopefully it comes soon! Still haven't received the notification email from TicketFly. I'm just nervous/paranoid that somehow I missed it :(

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Hang in there, the ticket mailings are still happening.

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 pm

trilobyte wrote: the ticket mailings are still happening.
Our camp sure hopes so.Of our directed sales purchasers only 20% have notification thus far.Usually these things work out and are quickly forgotten and imagine this one will follow suit,

Still without a ticket in your hand you are "not really going" and that seems to be a concern for too many at this point in time.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Gattinaro
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Devil's Playground

Post by Gattinaro » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Why don't they post a final date when to expect shipment? If some thing is wrong we need time to question. It's over $450 for a ticket and car pass. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a tracking # sent early so you know if it's in line to ship or not. Or there should be an email where you can write to check on it.

AfricanFire
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Astral Headwash

Post by AfricanFire » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Or at the very least a notice on your Ticketfly page saying "Status: Shipped".

lengen

Post by lengen » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:15 am

Just received an email from UPS via Ticketfly with a tracking number! Should have my tickets by Tuesday

FireflyTX
Camp Name: Swamp Fuckits

Post by FireflyTX » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:47 pm

So nothing this week for me...maybe an email will come...Next week is another week. IT WILL HAPPEN!!! :D

BUT to add to my stress, Texas (where I am and many other burners) just arrested a couple that has been stealing mail and to date they have stolen over 50,000 pieces of mail. I wasn't going to email customer support until the end of this month about my tickets but I did today to see if they were shipped and let them know I only emailed due to my concern of about this mail problem in Texas. I am sure 50,000 is prob a drop in the Texas mail bucket but you never know.
Miss Black Rock City 2014
Miss Burning Flipside 2013
Burning Texas Flipizen since 2008

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Firefly: Texas-based folks here too, and still no tickets in hand even though the "here they come!" email was sent a week ago.

Very frustrating.

I agree they could do a better job both in notification and tracking.

BM seems pre-programmed to create a bit of pre-burn drama this way. Just part of the "charm" I guess, or perhaps they see the anticipation as "art". Dunno. But they will come eventually, one Atomic Fireball at a time. :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Gattinaro

Post by Gattinaro » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Still no word. Do they realize the work that goes into preparing for the event? Hard to spend all this money when your not sure if your going. Even when you've paid. Remember, they all have their tickets already. Hence the "just be patient, they'll arrive sometime" attitude.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Gattinaro wrote:Still no word. Do they realize the work that goes into preparing for the event? Hard to spend all this money when your not sure if your going. Even when you've paid. Remember, they all have their tickets already. Hence the "just be patient, they'll arrive sometime" attitude.
Wow. How much more work does it take to prepare for throwing the event? 100,000? A million? More? if you have some sort of multiplying effect for each "participant", which I don't think is unreasonable, it could be more than that.

If you can't accept uncertainty in your vacation plans, hiding all week in a dark cellar might be a better option.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

FossaFerox
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:14 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:Firefly: Texas-based folks here too, and still no tickets in hand even though the "here they come!" email was sent a week ago.

Very frustrating.

I agree they could do a better job both in notification and tracking.

BM seems pre-programmed to create a bit of pre-burn drama this way. Just part of the "charm" I guess, or perhaps they see the anticipation as "art". Dunno. But they will come eventually, one Atomic Fireball at a time. :mrgreen:
'
Did you get tracking info? A week is a decently long time for them to be in transit.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Deep breaths, Gattinaro, it'll be okay. I realize you feel entitled to some kind of scheduled notification, but that's not how it works. I realize that seeing other people posting about having received tickets or notification emails can create an incredible FOMO-panic, but it'll be alright. I still haven't gotten mine either, but I'm confident that they'll get out in time (Burning Man's been staging the event for longer than many participants have been alive). We'll post once they've finished, and if you've not either received tickets or a confirmation by that point, you can contact the ticket team for support.

Gattinaro

Post by Gattinaro » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for response trilobite. Appreciate it. Will keep fingers crossed. But good to know the info so far.

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”