Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
FireflyTX
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Swamp Fuckits

Re: Still haven't gotten your tickets?

Post by FireflyTX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 am

False Alarm on the people arrested for the mail theft in Texas. I did happen but they were actually arrested in March. The first article I read failed to mention that. So no need to worry about that.

I now feel like an idiot contacting ticket support.
Miss Black Rock City 2014
Miss Burning Flipside 2013
Burning Texas Flipizen since 2008

Gravybrain

Post by Gravybrain » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Same boat here, ordered tickets in the Directed Sale, still nothing... I'm in Nor-Cal
Co-creator/builder Beau Le'Phant MV 2011, 2012. New MV for 2014 under construction: The Bi-Polar Express! http://bipolarexpress2014.weebly.com/

BurningDaylight
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Abstininthe

Post by BurningDaylight » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 am

I got the notice on July 14, delivered on July 20. The tracking links were not very informative - the usps one said something like "a tracking order has been requested" so not all that informative. I figured since one of us is home during the day, they'll come to the door, we'll sign and all good. Wouldn't you know, they came Saturday while we were out walking the dog. So not actually in hand yet - I go this morning to fetch them at our local post office.

Others I know got their tix two weeks ago without incident, so hang on or freak out, whichever works for you.
Just up or still up?

Hammer001

Post by Hammer001 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 am

Still waiting on my email and tickets from Austin, Tx!!!!!!! Wahoooo!

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Post by DrYes » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 am

Gravybrain wrote:Same boat here, ordered tickets in the Directed Sale, still nothing... I'm in Nor-Cal
Same - NorCal. No email, no delivery yet. Not going to worry overmuch until end of the month though.

Peritwinkle
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A - Peritwinkle's venue

Post by Peritwinkle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 am

Argh! Still no email or tickets. What is the last shipping date?

Roundabout
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Playa Choir

Post by Roundabout » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:49 am

No email or tickets here either. I bought in the directed sale. Curious, have other directed sale people gotten their ticket?
Every aspect of life is education. Even if you don't immediately grasp the lesson. robbidobbs

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:33 am

From Saturday (or the bottom of the last page):
trilobyte wrote:I realize that seeing other people posting about having received tickets or notification emails can create an incredible FOMO-panic, but it'll be alright. I still haven't gotten mine either, but I'm confident that they'll get out in time (Burning Man's been staging the event for longer than many participants have been alive). We'll post once they've finished, and if you've not either received tickets or a confirmation by that point, you can contact the ticket team for support.
Emphasis mine.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 am

Finally got my email. Still nothing from the raffle people though.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:53 am

Still waiting. Good practice for building up my patience.

AliCat903
Camp Name: Asparagus Forest

Post by AliCat903 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:29 pm

So, I guess my concern is, if this is all going according to schedule, why can't anyone tell us what that schedule is? Like, if there is a schedule, it shouldn't be hard to tell us when the end of that schedule is so that if we are leaving home early to head to the playa, we know that we need to contact ticketing now to make changes. For example, someone mentioned having to leave home August 1st. If the end of the ticketing schedule isn't until then, they should probably go ahead and contact ticketing to let them know that a change in that ticket needs to be made. But there is currently no way of knowing that. We all know there are no promises when it comes to Burning Man (the event, not the org). Things happen and everyone just wants to be as prepared as possible for as many contingencies as they can. Asking us to just depend on ticketfly seems to go against the grain of self-reliance. Just my thoughts.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Pestering the ticketeers so that things go slower seems to violate the "civic responcibility" clause.

Face it, the principles contradict each other, and it's very easy to find one that supports the position you already have.

So, everyone, would you pay $50 more per ticket to be mailed out first? Or would you sever your connection to the event because that's scummy?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 pm

It's heartening to know that Trilo, AntiM & others haven't gotten emails or tix yet either. BTW, I'm a directed distribution ticket and haven't gotten mine, but others in my camp have. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme nor reason to the order they're going out. So we just gotta sit still & wait....until at least Trilo informs us they've all gone out. THEN it time to panic! :shock:
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

jella
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Patiently waiting in so cal.
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

CaffeineGirl
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: EspressoCamp/Black Rock Power Coop

Post by CaffeineGirl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Got the email on the 18th, correct # of tickets and passes today (21st). Plus one fireball. Tracking info also worked fine. (big sigh of relief).
Hope those of you still waiting get yours soon.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:20 pm

@AliCat903 - sorry, Burning Man does not publish schedules for mailing dates on ticket orders. As per the posted schedule, tickets begin mailing in June, and as in previous years it takes as long as it takes. The focus is on working with the new ticketing partner to make sure each order is processed and handled well, not in meeting daily or weekly quotas. Last days for shipping changes on orders to be mailed was posted in the ticketing FAQ, btw. Relax - you might still be able to find a way to be a self-reliant burner while waiting on Burning Man and its ticket provider to ship out ticket orders.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 pm

This whole silly game is rigged! There are no tickets. Larry Harvey took my hard-earned money and the son of a bitch abscounded to Fiji with some shameless hussy about 1/3rd his age and is probably boozing it up on my nickle on the veranda of an ecologically-designed grass hut while sipping top-shelf rum! Vehicle passes my ass! Just another sham for a bunch of entitled elitists! I mean sure, why NOT triple-dip us unsuspecting sheep, eh?

This is totally unacceptable and I vote for a good old fashioned lynching! It's FRAUD! It's BAIT AND SWITCH!!! THIS IS ACTIONABLE!!!! Its... its...
(-ding-dong!-) "Looking for Mr. Grey Coyote. Sign here please...."
Oh wow. :shock: WOW!

Much love to the ticketing peeps! You guys rule!! I love the BMOrg! I love Larry Harvey! I love all you guys! MY TICKETS CAME!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!! I can smell the Atomic Fireball through the wrapper! It's amazing!
Rodney Dangerfield wrote:Hey everybody! We're all gonna get laid!!!
On a serious note, I was starting to wonder about things too. As others have stated, there was no notice they had been mailed. No email and no outward signs they were in process. So after I got the package I called it up on the USPS tracking site to see when it was mailed. It took 8 days to get here. Far from perfect, but hey - they GOT here! There is hope! :mrgreen:
Last edited by GreyCoyote on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Congrats and YEAAAAAA!!!!! Seein ya soon.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

rudbyrd
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet

Post by rudbyrd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 pm

26 days after they were sent out, I got my tickets today!! I think. I actually got 2 packages from UPS, both damaged. I ordered 2 tickets and 2 vehicle passes. I got 4 tickets and 3 vehicle passes. Now I have to figure out if any of them are mine. And figure out whose order I got so they can get their tickets.

sayZar1999
Burning Since: 2011

Post by sayZar1999 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:17 pm

So I was unable to update my address before the deadline. I moved and couldn't provide a new address in time. I changed my address with the postal service like normal when you move. I have been out of town for the last three weeks and have not got an email from ticketfly yet. I am hoping that they haven't been shipped and returned back to BM already. It seems that a lot of tickets have gone out without the prerequisite notification email. Any advice.
I am today a better person not because of all my successes in life, but because of all my failures.

Jovankat
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:20 pm

My tickets are waiting at the post office. I'll pick them up on Thursday :mrgreen:

No sign of the others that were ordered at the sane time and are being shipped to the same address though.

mumblemouth

Post by mumblemouth » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Still waiting to see if can get tickets bah. No one was home to sign for tickets, tickets were returned to ticketfly. burningman ticket support contacted said tickets will not be remailed. i asked if other options were available. they said will email me with options when the tickets are received. according to tracking they got the tickets last week and now wont respond to emails. been trying for 5 days. this whole process is no fun

draggin

Post by draggin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Ok
So I'm adding my name and a friends in the list of not having any word of ticket etc.
Hoping it will happen soon. FYI directed sale of tickets.

lengen

Post by lengen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 am

I received my ticket package yesterday from UPS and there were 2 tickets and 2 Survival guides, does anyone know if there is a hard copy vehicle pass that is supposed to come as well since i purchased one?

jneilvindy

Post by jneilvindy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:01 am

lengen wrote:I received my ticket package yesterday from UPS and there were 2 tickets and 2 Survival guides, does anyone know if there is a hard copy vehicle pass that is supposed to come as well since i purchased one?
Yes there should have been a separate vehicle pass.

Check out posts below for what the vehicle pass looks like.

viewtopic.php?f=367&t=69321&p=1022497&h ... s#p1022740

lengen

Post by lengen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 am

Thanks jneilvindy,
False alarm, my wife thought it would be smart to put it in the glove box of the car as soon as she signed for the package so we wouldn't lose it and didn't telling me about it.

jneilvindy

Post by jneilvindy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:38 am

lengen wrote:Thanks jneilvindy,
False alarm, my wife thought it would be smart to put it in the glove box of the car as soon as she signed for the package so we wouldn't lose it and didn't telling me about it.
I don't suppose she's taken a very large life insurance policy out on you lately has she?

Sounds like she's trying to give you a heart attack!

:lol:

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 pm

My girlfriend and I placed our orders within seconds of each other....my order arrived weeks ago, hers has yet to be shipped. We both changed our addresses since placing the order, mine came to the correct address. I'm seeing a lot of other people get addresses shipped to the old place.

I feel that Ticketfly underestimated the effort somehow, and is getting sloppier as things get rushed more and more. Someone got four tickets when they ordered two?

Will-call is going to be a MESS next year. I know I don't trust Ticketfly's mailing process anymore.

666isMONEY
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 pm

maladroit wrote:I feel that Ticketfly underestimated the effort somehow, and is getting sloppier as things get rushed more and more. Someone got four tickets when they ordered two?

Will-call is going to be a MESS next year. I know I don't trust Ticketfly's mailing process anymore.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I was hoping to leave on vacation July 15th, still waiting for tix!

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 pm

And soon you will see another thousand tickets from the OMG sale piled on top of the(most likely) thousands of unfilled orders from a sale over 4 months ago.May it all work out but I am sure there has to be some concern about this at ticketing.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”