Tickets bought in FEBRUARY\MARCH, possible or scam?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Eddie

Tickets bought in FEBRUARY\MARCH, possible or scam?

Postby Eddie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:29 am

Ok, I am thinking I got screwed like a virgin. At least it seems that way. I got a ticket from a burner WAY back in February or March. I was told it was a DGS ticket. It was sitting in an envelope on my desk when my place burnt down at the end of March.

Since the fire I was more concerned with finding a place to sleep and someone to look after my puppy and cat than I was about getting to the playa this year so I haven't really bothered too much with it.

Now I was thinking it might be good to get away for a while which is why I've only been looking into it recently.

Trying to track down the guy I got it from is proving difficult since I also lost my phone in the fire.

None of the local burners seem to know the guy and I know A LOT of local burners in the NYC area. I'm talking literally in the hundreds.

So simple question, did I get screwed or is it possible? I mean I only looked at the tickets briefly when I got them but they did look just like my friends tickets.

gustavh
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Tickets bought in FEBRUARY\MARCH, possible or scam?

Postby gustavh » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 am

I'm sorry to hear about your place burning down!

I'm not sure what you mean by DGS ticket.

Also, tickets were only recently sent out, so I'm not sure how you would have had a physical ticket in March.

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Postby VultureChow » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:45 am

Directed Group Sale Tickets went on sale back then, but NO tickets were sent out until July. If you had a physical ticket back in March, you got scammed.
Sic Semper Spectatores

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm

If it is a DGS ticket, whoever sold you that ticket can get their group seriously dinged by the BM Org - directed tickets are supposed to go to the camp they're directed toward (duh).

But it isn't a BM ticket at all if you had it in hand in March, as explained above.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Eddie wrote:I was told it was a DGS ticket. It was sitting in an envelope on my desk when my place burnt down at the end of March.

You were scammed - No tickets were shipped until the end of June - and that includes the Directed Group Tickets. You need to file a report with your local police on the scam.

I'm locking this thread as the question has been answered, but you are free to PM me if you have questions.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”