Vehicle Pass Conundrum

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Anubisswift
Burning Since: 2009

Vehicle Pass Conundrum

Post by Anubisswift » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:44 pm

So, let me see if i got this correct...you have to buy a pass when you buy a ticket, but if someone was planning to go with a group then cannot make it and sells their ticket, the system is now short a needed vehicle pass for the person trying to go...i understand there are people selling them, but explain how this is not a clusterfuck when there are last minute departures or 2 people that were going to carpool and now needed to haul more stuff... :shock:

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Vehicle Pass Conundrum

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:40 pm

I'm pretty sure I heard they wouldn't be available at the gate but I don't think I'm any more sure than you are so... :roll:

What I do know though is there's apparently a limit on how many were going to be available this year.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:33 am

But the limit was going to be slightly more than the amount of vehicles that would be on playa anyway, based on past trends.

And if you follow the link, they are definitely going to be there for the low income ticket people to by...

the mystery continues...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:26 pm

There are a ton on the for sale page. Shouldn't be too hard to get one.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

Anubisswift
Burning Since: 2009

Post by Anubisswift » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:55 pm

pink wrote:There are a ton on the for sale page. Shouldn't be too hard to get one.
NOT THE ISSUE AS STATED IN OPENING ARGUMENT...

The creation of a potential problem for 2nd hand ticket holders...there should have also been a Clear way to buy them on line up til the event even if there was a ticket number verification and have them held at the gate...

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Anubisswift wrote:So, let me see if i got this correct...you have to buy a pass when you buy a ticket, but if someone was planning to go with a group then cannot make it and sells their ticket, the system is now short a needed vehicle pass for the person trying to go...i understand there are people selling them, but explain how this is not a clusterfuck when there are last minute departures or 2 people that were going to carpool and now needed to haul more stuff... :shock:
NOT THE ISSUE AS STATED IN OPENING ARGUMENT...
Okay, the system is short a vehicle pass because someone sold their entry ticket....? The person decided not to go and let down the group so someone else is to blame, or is the person going, but short of a pass due to their own planning... I'm trying to follow the ISSUE AS STATED. If what you are saying is that you want to buy a vehicle pass online from the org up until the date of entry, just say so. That would be nice, but this all has to do with limiting traffic, or something other along with convenience.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 3 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”