Getting tickets out of STEP

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
KBaldwin
Burning Since: 2009

Getting tickets out of STEP

Postby KBaldwin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:10 am

If a person placed their ticket into STEP and then it did not sell (not sure why with so many people in STEP patiently waiting), now how does that work? Can the ticket still be sold?

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Getting tickets out of STEP

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:28 am

The ticket cannot be sold, but you should get a refund. See this post, and check your spam folder.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

KBaldwin
Burning Since: 2009

Postby KBaldwin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 am

So it cannot be sold? Which is crazy! So many people were waiting for STEP tickets and now a bunch of people who placed their tickets in STEP are saying that they didn't sell. How could that be? I was in step and no one offered me a ticket.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:50 am

There are dozens of threads here discussing STEP and how it worked. Basically, each person had 72 hours to say yes or no to a ticket, and when STEP closed last month there were still assholes who hadn't said "no" to their un-needed ticket offer, locking up the tickets until too late and screwing the people behind them in the STEP line.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Eric wrote:... there were still assholes who hadn't said "no" to their un-needed ticket offer, locking up the tickets until too late and screwing the people behind them in the STEP line.

Interesting. So a person becomes an instant asshole for following the rules? That ain't right.

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Postby Jovankat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:28 pm

If they saw the offer and knew they didn't need the tickets but let the time run out on the offer rather than taking the 30 second to say "no" then, yeah, kinda an asshole.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Jovankat wrote:If they saw the offer and knew they didn't need the tickets but let the time run out on the offer rather than taking the 30 second to say "no" then, yeah, kinda an asshole.

This.
For all the tickets in STEP to have sold, all it would have needed was every person who got an offer and didn't need it to click "no" (or whatever the option to decline was). By just letting them sit until it automatically reverted they took away the ability for other people to get tickets. We actually have a sell-out situation where people who wanted to do the right thing & sell their tickets through STEP are getting refunds, and the people who were waiting for those tickets didn't get them. For all I know it was just 10 tickets that this happened to, but that's 10 people from STEP who got screwed because someone couldn't take a few seconds to decline - which makes them assholes in my book.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:34 am

I sure hope the BMORG fixes that next year. There is a simple algorithm that solves that problem.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09 am

Token wrote:I sure hope the BMORG fixes that next year. There is a simple algorithm that solves that problem.

I agree - but nothing is simple. The 72 hours plan was designed so people who happened to be out of town, or away from their computers for whatever reason (vacation, power outage, natural disaster, wedding, funeral...) still had a chance to get them. The only think I can think of is changing it to a 24 hour period once July hits, so that they get cleared out in the last month & people don't have to plan their whole summers locked to a computer for a possible ticket. March - end of June, 72 hours, July - end of STEP, 24 hours. Of course, there would still be people who get upset, but at least the tickets would flow.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby pink » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:18 pm

In the realm of smartphones, it's harder to miss an email too.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”