Help! Last minute ticket dilemma

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Help! Last minute ticket dilemma

Post by Madgirl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:34 am

So here's the story...I purchased two tickets which were delivered to me no problem. I then mailed one of those tickets to a campmate in Australia, but it appears that it is not going to arrive before he leaves the country. It should have been there by now but USPS tracking has shown it sitting in LA since the 9th. I called Ticketfly and they said that because the tickets were originally delivered correctly they cannot reissue the order to will call. Is there anything I can do to help him out or is he completely out of luck?
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

Sham

Re: Help! Last minute ticket dilemma

Post by Sham » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:47 am

Wow! A lost ticket is a lost ticket. Maybe the person receiving it can send it rush mail back to the states. If there is insurance on the package, you may be able to collect on that.
This falls under the category of someone local either losing or misplacing their ticket. It has an inherent value and it's just not there to use. I would probably suggest trying to buy another one at this point and eating the loss.
I am sorry to hear about this terrible scenario. Good luck with it.

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 am

You need to retrieve it from USPS. But this is an issue with USPS, not Ticketfly. So contact & bitch at them. Others on the board have had success by contacting them.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

Madgirl

Post by Madgirl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 am

I can't retrieve it because they don't know where it is :x Spoke to USPS earlier and was told that it cleared US customs on the 10th, but there's no record of it being received on the other end. Opened an inquiry but that could take several weeks to resolve. We'll have to try and figure something else out but I feel like a really terrible person for screwing up my campmate's burn :cry:
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:57 am

NTS: Next year (if I'm on the board) hammer that sending tickets overseas is risky.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

It's probably in transit or at the Australian post office. Depending on the service you bought, who knows if it'll arrive on time. I would have the Australian person contact the Australian post office and see if they have any idea about it. Information may not be communicated well across country lines and USPS is notoriously poor at keeping tracking updated. They'll only know what the Australians tell them. Australian customs are also a bit more strict about checking packages than the US.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Madgirl

Post by Madgirl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for the advice all. Apparently the Australian post office doesn't know anything about it either so I'm considering it lost in transit for the time being....

I'm never mailing tickets overseas again!

Madgirl

Post by Madgirl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Holy crap the ticket just showed up :shock: I guess his mom's boyfriend is someone or knows someone who could pull some strings at the post office and they were able to track it down in Sydney. Ticket miracles really do happen :D

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Shall I post a link to the Happy Song?
Congratulations and see you on the playa.
Sham....

winterdream28
Burning Since: 2013

Post by winterdream28 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Awwww this made me smile:)!!!
"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves" - Henry David Thoreau

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:53 pm

I gotta say, I feel horrible about the stories I've read on here about people who did have tickets and something like this happened... and a huge relief when it works out, even when it's people I don't even know.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Really glad to hear the good news Madgirl!!

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”