Will Call transfers

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
swingjump
Burning Since: 2012

Will Call transfers

Postby swingjump » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

So there are people offering to sell their Will Call tickets but I'm trying to work out what's stopping them simply selling the same tickets again after they have collected your cash? There doesn't appear to be anything on TicketFly stopping them changing the pickup details multiple times.

Any ideas on how to be sure of a Will Call sale?

Mkhandschke
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Will Call transfers

Postby Mkhandschke » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:41 pm

This is my same problem. I have actually paid face value for (through paypal) a will call ticket and followed all directions from information pages on this site, received confirmation that it is in my name, but I am terrified that the person could just re-sell what they already sold me and change ticket info again. There is no way for me to log into anything to verify I have ticket in my name. I'm terrified I just spent my money on a ticket I won't actually have after riding with others from Washington to Nevada. Help?
Keep going that way, until you smell money or you step in chocolate.

skelly9
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Heart Tribe

Postby skelly9 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:02 pm

If the person is cool with it, have them give you their ticketfly account username and password and log in and check it and if they're cool with it, change the password so it's pretty much your account now. It will show their address and the last 4 digits of their card but nothing else... Thats what I did and I feel really secure that I can see the ticket is in my name.

Mkhandschke
Burning Since: 2013

Postby Mkhandschke » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks Shannon. I think this is what I'll do. I thought about asking that but wasn't sure if that was an okay thing to do. But you're right! It's not like I'll be getting any info on the person that makes them vulnerable to me.

P.S. Glad to see you got yourself a ticket too! :)
Have a great burn.
Keep going that way, until you smell money or you step in chocolate.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:50 pm

I would highly recommend that at this late stage, that you NOT rely upon just the name change on the ticketfly account. They may also have communication issues at Will Call on the playa, connecting and getting the latest updates from the ticketfly site.

Personally, I would want, both:
  • a screen shot printed out, showing the order number, seller info, and your info under Shipped To (seller can make the screen shot and email it to you)
  • a letter as recommended at https://ticketsupport.burningman.com/cu ... all-order-
    If you want to provide someone with extra back up, you can give them a signed letter releasing your order to them, along with a copy of your photo ID.

NOTE: that's a fax or photocopy of the seller's photo ID, matching the seller's info on the screen shot.

I ended up gifting my ticket to someone, and even though that was done before Will Call opened on the Playa (this past Wednesday), I also provided them with a copy of the screen shot with the changed Shipped To into, just in case.
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “2014 Tickets Discussion”