Fundraiser: You Are The Key - Final Days!

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
Keiferling
Burning Since: 2012

Fundraiser: You Are The Key - Final Days!

Post by Keiferling » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello everyone my name is Keith aka Keiferling. This will be my 2nd year going to Burningman. I joined and am helping out with an art installation called "You Are The Key" created by my friend and co-worker Ralitsa Kurdaliiska and Rali Art. What a learning experience full with lots of speed bumps! We received an art grant from Burningman to build our art and the key is close to being finished. Yesterday we painted and lighting is ready to go in! We started a kickstarter campaign a bit late for donations to assist us in shipping costs from Florida to Nevada which we are now realizing we need. If anyone has ANY questions feel free to post. I could also use ideas where else to post this!

I usually do not ask my friends for help but with only 58 hours to go on the KickStarter we are at $1,095 pledged of $2,500 goal. Our project MUST reach its funding goal before time runs out or per Kickstarter rules, all donations return to their backers and no money changes hands. :( Please help us get our unique art from Florida to Burningman! Minimum donations is only 1.00

The donation page can be found at and contains all the information about our project and the rewards we offer for your donation.
The inspiration:

Have you ever asked yourself the question: “What am I looking for?", "What am I waiting for?", "What stops me?" I believe we all sometimes get wrapped up in a million questions like this. They are spinning in our head and the only way to really see the answer is to pull back the camera and see that behind all of it, deep underneath it all it’s always us. We are the reasons and the answers to everything in our lives .

The art installation:

You Are The Key art installation is 9 ft tall and 24 ft long and 7 ft wide. It’s made out of plywood on which approximately 2000 letters will form out the questions "What are you looking for?", "What are you waiting for?" and many more of the sort. As an answer to all the questions - the part that opens the door - the lever - will read YOU.

How you can help:
1. You can back the project and get rewarded (1.00 is the minimum pledge)
AND/OR
2. You can Share the kickstarter and help us get more exposure!

The "You Are The Key" project has been placed and We are at 6:05, just 1600 ft from the Man!! The "You Are The Key" will be on the main promenade between the Man and Center Camp!!! Yeah!

Ralitsa Kurdaliiska (http://www.facebook.com/ralitsa.kurdaliiska) and Rali Art (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rali-Art/292981597500066).

(Placement Pic: https://tinyurl.com/lgs5jwn )

Thank you so much to those that have donated money twords our art and/or personal time sharing our message across Facebook.

Thank you for supporting the "You are the key" art project:
Jennifer Jackson, mpechner, Peter Zawadzkas, Heidi Pickman, Reese Forbes, Ian James Roberts, Laetitia de Pelichy, Cari Miller, Scott Geller, Pocket Chocolate, Joel Parker Henderson, The Life Cube, n2liberty, King Purvis, Adam Adelson, Josh Boyer, Sebastian Leyk, Renato Servos, stephanie wagner, The Earthling Research Group, Margie Anderson, silvana krista, Rick Moss, Silviya Sokolova, Andrena Wilkins, Wendy B White, Andre Kreibich, Belinda Pettinato, Aimee Celenza

Keiferling

Re: Fundraiser: You Are The Key - Final Days!

Post by Keiferling » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Can anyone offer me any ideas on where else to post this? I am running out of ideas.

Keiferling

Post by Keiferling » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:31 pm

A message from the head of this project!

Hello everyone and Greetings from sunny and rainy Florida! I am absolutely thrilled to see how many of you have supported my art installation! Thank you so very much! It means a lot to me and your help is more than greatly appreciated! The installation is basically at its last stage with installing the lights and connecting it all together being the last thing we have to do before transporting it to the desert.

This project has brought me a great deal of happiness, and artistic fulfillment and I can not wait to see it placed on the dusty canvas - the playa, the end of August.

With only 2 days left I am asking you, my supporters (and I know most of you have done so already, Thank you!) please share my campaign with your friends, on Facebook, Twitter or in any other way you might think of. Every minute counts! Every share matters! Every little bit gets us closer to our goal.

I believe that we can still do it! Thanks to your willingness to support this project!

THANK YOU!

Hope to see you in the desert!
Rali

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Keiferling wrote:Can anyone offer me any ideas on where else to post this? I am running out of ideas.
You've posted it on the right board, this is the only place on ePlaya that's appropriate to post.

Keiferling

Post by Keiferling » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:53 pm

trilobyte wrote:
Keiferling wrote:Can anyone offer me any ideas on where else to post this? I am running out of ideas.
You've posted it on the right board, this is the only place on ePlaya that's appropriate to post.
Appreciate that I do. I ment any other external sites other then eplaya. ^.^

Keiferling

Post by Keiferling » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:00 pm

Update Photos:
The painting of the key - Image

3D printed keys - your sweet gifts! - Image

Hole Making - Image

The wheels - Image

Keiferling

Post by Keiferling » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:54 am

With 34 hours to go we are at $1,216 pledged of $2,500 goal! If everyone that sees this will PLEASE continue to share as we push in these final hours!

Return to “2013 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”