Cell phone at SF decompression

xiggy
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GoSLothGo

Cell phone at SF decompression

Post by xiggy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:39 am

I am looking for a Samsung S4 cell phone that may have been picked up by accident by another burner at SF Decompression on October 12 near the Cat art car.

Please email me if you have found this item

jv_zingapan@yahoo.com

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Re: Cell phone at SF decompression

Post by TomServo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:04 am

BooFucking HOO! Lose your fucking cell phones!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

xiggy
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GoSLothGo

Post by xiggy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 pm

@ Tom
I am surprised that you have not been removed from this site.
Yes my cel phone is a very important thing in my life as it is to many people in this day and age. If I see it again that would be great, I have pictures of my uncle on it who is no longer with us and many shots of the art I share at on the Playa and in the default world. I was being kind and saying that someone may have taken it by accident, In truth it was stolen from a charging station I had set up for my self and others at decom. I thought this site was for those who help and look out for each other.
There are many other things I would like to tell you but will leave it at that.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 pm

While TomServo's post wasn't very sympathetic, he's certainly entitled to his opinion.

Beyond that, I'll point out the obvious and direct you to check in with the SF bay burners group on Facebook - the SF regional participants primarily use that site for planning and talking about their event, and there is no SF decom specific lost and found board on ePlaya. You could also consider reaching out to the volunteer organizers, since it sounds like you may have been working with event planners for your charging station. Hopefully you had the presence of mind to have backed up your phone's contents or transferred pictures over recently, and this won't be a painful lesson on the importance of backups. Good luck!

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:01 am

Please don't remove this Trilo..I didn't post that. If I'm gonna be an asshole, I'll take ownership of it...you of all people should know that. I didn't post that.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Return to “Lost Gadgets (Cameras, Phones, MP3 Players)”