The Lost Boys

MFOB
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp Hot Mayo

The Lost Boys

Postby MFOB » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:00 am

So, were were camped across from them at 4:00 and E. Sometime maybe on Wed or Thur or even Fri afternoon to early evening they were still in camp with the covered wagon and were playing Pink Floyd.

It wasnt the regular old PF, but it was pretty fukin awesome. It had some more depth to it and was a little more upbeat I believe, possibly a bit electronic. All I remember was enjoying the shit out of it while I was cooking and eating in camp. Before I knew it, it was over and they took off shortly thereafter. I failed to remember to ask each other day like I should have, and even had a few of them over at camp giving out Hot Pepper Shots w/ 4 phases.

Does anyone here know:

a) Whom I could contact from The Lost Boys to find out this Pink Floyd sound?
b) What they were playing, it has to be some sort of a different rendition of PF?
c) I dont even remember what album it was, any ideas?

Id love to get a hold of the name or genre of the PF they were playing, it was tremendously awesome.
Also, i looked on the BM webpage for camps and they do not have a listed email or contact info.

Thank for you help, mmmmk.
These angles are all fenced up!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: The Lost Boys

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:32 am

If they were a placed camp, there may be contact info on the list of theme camps on the main site.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:12 am

Lost Boys
We are the LOST BOYS and we will never grow up! Come escape time on our Art Car or enjoy Naked Bacon in the morning…you bring the naked, we bring the bacon! Rufio will mix up drinks that are BANGARANG! Learn to fly, learn to fight, learn to crow! Find us past the second star to the right and straight on til morning! )’(
Hometown: Eugene

Good idea, Fishy.

I got nosy and found that they don't list contact info on the main site (Theme Camps --> 2014 Theme Camps and Villages --> Search "Lost Boys") but they do list themselves as being based out of Eugene. A google or FB search using "Lost Boys Eugene Burning Man", or adding oneself to the Portland/Eugene/OR email lists under "Regionals" on the main site and asking around might yield results, MFOB. Good luck!
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

MFOB
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp Hot Mayo

Postby MFOB » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:03 pm

I saw that they are from Eugene, I had a lot of Naked Bacon, Like I said, and thanks for double checking Sav, no contact info on the Main Site for Camps.

Ill look into Regionals and figure something out.

But the option for someone to chime in is still open.

Thanks
These angles are all fenced up!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm

You can also go to AllMusic and look through PF albums to see which one it was (they have sound samples from lots of albums, didn't look up PF specifically). I'm a heavy user of AllMusic when I search for new (to me) stuff.

I'm also nudging this over to Lost Humans, since it's a better fit.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “Lost Humans”