Lost: Lots of things

Driana

Lost: Lots of things

Post by Driana » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:18 pm

So, I had a not so good night this year and lost lots of things. This was the result of a chemical surprise being introduced into my system (unbeknownst to me....i.e. dosed) which led me to who exactly knows where, but I'm thinking I was mostly on the 2 o'clock side of the city. Instead of posting in multiple sections of the lost and found, I thought I'd just make one post here and then as well wait patiently to see if anything gets turned in to Lost and Found. I volunteer a lot in a few dept's at BRC and since I am still recovering from this and it's still a humbling embarrassing thing for me to fathom. I don't want to blab where I work, but some of the items have dept names on them. I hope it will be easy to figure out if someone has found my items without having to details which depts they may be in order to keep this as private as possible. I hope that makes sense.

A pink jacket with an embroidered oval name tag patch that said "PJ Mark" in pink letters and border with white background. There might still be a B.E.D. button on it that says "waiting for hell yes".
A lanyard with keys. Lanyard has a BRC Dept name and Roman numerals on it. The keys are a Kryptonite bike lock key (I have an extra and can verify the SN), a Chrysler car key (no logo, but a black top), a car alarm remote, a small luggage lock key with bright green top, and another small key (I believe either a Masterlock key or an old key from a cash register at an old job....just something I never took off for whatever reason.)
An silver rechargeable e-cigarette. I don't know the brand as it was gifted to me on playa by a Dept "co-worker". It's only got nicotine in it and no thc (sorry kids).
A Fuji camera (light blue Finepix JX665) I can identify photos pretty easily so if you found one of these, please pm me and I can give you a detailed description of a photo or two.
A white iphone4 with a red Spiderman case. I can send you the lock screen photo and also it should ping me via Find My Iphone/Lost Mode if charged and turned on & should display a number to call if found (since it's in Lost Mode.
Leatherman Wave with a belt harness/case.
Surefire flashlight with a belt harness/case.
A 64oz Kleen Kanteen bottle with a bunch of stickers on it. Stickers include: Meh, Aurora Tree, Trojan Horse, Mini Styles, and a red and black sticker from one of my Depts.

If you think you have found any of these things, please pm me or comment here.

Thank You.

Humble regards,
Adrian

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Lost: Lots of things

Post by Bless » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 am

What happened after the chemical surprise?
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:07 am

someone offered me an Altoid and i ate it without thinking it had liquid lsd on it (it didn't), sweet tarts and gummy bears are notorious too

hope you find your stuff Driana

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 am

I was offered one also , I pocketed it for later , and just found it in a bin of playa stuff :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

Driana

Post by Driana » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:04 pm

There is hope! One place that I vaguely remember being at found my phone and a hat that I forgot I was wearing. They will be mailing those to me. Phew! Reaching out now to more members of that camp and trying to remember anywhere else I was in order to find my things and hear accounts of any sitings of me to see how I was acting and if I was with anyone.
cheers!
Adrian/Cucumber/dj MOM

skibear
Burning Since: 2002

Post by skibear » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:28 am

My first year I lost lots of stuff. Probably would include my head if it
wasn't attached! :x I went to Lost & Found several times.

Amazingly Lost & Found had everything ! :D
crash & burn ski lessons given

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Adrian, sounds like a deeply unsettling experience. :shock: If you would like to make multiple posts in the appropriate categories, you are welcome to do it. Why? Well, the replies in this thread will prompt more examination than the average Lost & Found thread receives, but if I were making an account on ePlaya to reunite someone with their lost jacket, I might not look in the "Lost Other/Misc" category to check for losses first; I'd check the category I felt the item fell under most closely.

Yes, you lost a lot of stuff, and that might strike a few folks as comical, but they're not really dwelling on the dosing part. That stuff does happen though, I've seen it (just once. Miscommunication about ingredients; probably not intentional).

In the meantime, I'm glad you've been reunited with your phone and your hat. I imagine you're checking the "Found" areas and have already seen this link.
http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity ... found.html
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Driana

Post by Driana » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks Savannah,
I was worried about potentially cross posting and possibly irritating people.
:-)
cheers!
Adrian/Cucumber/dj MOM

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Oh, we can make fun of (and be irritated by) anything. :roll: Our tans are fading; everyone's cranky. Ignore it. Lotta good people here, but when they don't know you, it's very easy to snark. More important that you get your stuff back.

It's not cross-posting unless you post the exact same content in multiple threads in an obnoxious attempt for visibility (a lot of us use the "View New Posts" button, so cross-posting really sticks out when the same person posts 5 identical things). So I suggest breaking it down per item. Pursuing the Lost & Found of that camp who had some of your stuff is definitely a good idea. If they have an FB page or email list maybe they would let you post through one of their members.

. . . Hey, I lost my Kleen Kanteen too this year (but curiously enough, not the lid, so maybe someone lifted it from my camp table).

Annnnd the previous year, I'm pretty sure I left it at ESD. :oops:
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm sure mine was stolen in 200... 8? 9? it's all fading now...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “Lost Other/Misc.”