Anti M's Home for Wayward Art 2015

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art 2015

Postby tamarakay » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:30 pm

It made it home! And I dearly love it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1060243427319825&l=ea8a2194dc

Thank you MelonBlue! I am so honored to have adopted your art.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tamarakay » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:32 pm

When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Melonblue
Burning Since: 2015

Postby Melonblue » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm so pleased you like it.

Jaye, came to tell me that it made its way to you.

That news made a gloomy rainy day much brighter.

I have to admit this experience has inspired me to create more "weird" art.

Much love TK. So glad it found a good home.

~Mel

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

The Home did very well, I brought very little art back with me. I must thank all my wonderful contributors who donated amazing works, original and found and repurposed. Everything was a hit, with very few exceptions. This would not be possible without you all. Thank you thank you thank you.

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:17 pm

034 - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:03 pm

AntiM, Let me get you a drink while we cozy up on the couch. You know I don't constantly think of you. I don't constantly think. That said, you have changed me in ways I can't readily explain. Right now I'm looking at a piece of art I can see in my kitchen that I bought for you and couldn't part with. I am stopped dead in my tracks by some weird, bad, old or unusual canvas at least once a week. I consider it's potential. I usually pass it up due to lack of space in my van on burn week. Oh, there will be some form of altered contribution every year but the mere fact that I'm bent over staring at every failed art project is a tribute to your vision. Did you plan for AntiM's Wayward Art Gallery to blossom and grow? Was it a fling that was to be one time and on to the next? Everyone loves your 'gift'. Your theme camp, (if you don't mind me calling it that), gives a great joy to many of us all year long. How many people bring you art for the gallery? 5, 10, more? No matter. Even if it's but a few, we have the pieces we've brought home and cherish. because of YOU. And let's not leave out MyLarry. He works hard and gets no billing. Your camp is wonderful. The shade structure, kitchen, and taking in foreigners is to be envied. Thank you both for the herculean effort. Now I have to run. There is sewing calling me.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:14 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:16 am

Ratty wrote:AntiM, Let me get you a drink while we cozy up on the couch. You know I don't constantly think of you. I don't constantly think. That said, you have changed me in ways I can't readily explain. Right now I'm looking at a piece of art I can see in my kitchen that I bought for you and couldn't part with. I am stopped dead in my tracks by some weird, bad, old or unusual canvas at least once a week. I consider it's potential. I usually pass it up due to lack of space in my van on burn week. Oh, there will be some form of altered contribution every year but the mere fact that I'm bent over staring at every failed art project is a tribute to your vision. Did you plan for AntiM's Wayward Art Gallery to blossom and grow? Was it a fling that was to be one time and on to the next? Everyone loves your 'gift'. Your theme camp, (if you don't mind me calling it that), gives a great joy to many of us all year long. How many people bring you art for the gallery? 5, 10, more? No matter. Even if it's but a few, we have the pieces we've brought home and cherish. because of YOU. And let's not leave out MyLarry. He works hard and gets no billing. Your camp is wonderful. The shade structure, kitchen, and taking in foreigners is to be envied. Thank you both for the herculean effort. Now I have to run. There is sewing calling me.

Ah, Ratty, thank you so much. The love of art in every form, even the sad art which only pleases a very few, the misunderstood art, that people will begin to recognize effort and heart as well as talent and technical skill.

I am a theme camp! Right on the back of the map! I register because it aids Hushville, and because I can. We need interactive camps in the village.

Contributors .... Fishy has given generously, with a terrific eye to the most wayward of pieces. I am still mining that treasure trove. AncientBurner sends me boxes of his terrific photos and photos essay pieces. Tamara Kay makes beautiful paintings for the Home; Simon brings amazing found art, BeeWeeDee paints for the Home too. MelonBlue brought the rainbow ray, truly stunning. Ranger Genius has done wonderful prints and embroidered pieces and photography over the years. My campmates have provided wayward art, photos, and unique collage pieces. Your embellished works were adopted quickly. I know I am forgetting names offhand, each year brings different donations from different burners and eplayans, and sometimes friends who do not burn at all! So many people donate art anonymously on playa, much if it I never even see. I am deeply grateful to each and every one.

Thank you.

AntiM

Postby AntiM » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:19 am

Fishy, I love those collages so much! Thank you for sharing. I used to make some like that back in the 70s, in SF. I just don't have a good source of raw material, images which would combine well.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Well, I'm sure you can get cookbooks of that era with great photos, but I'm not sure where else to find that particular look of printing...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

BeeWeeDee
Burning Since: 2012

Postby BeeWeeDee » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks for the shout out.

You're the reason I paint pictures today. Simple as that.
The next morning you will wake up pretty much your old self except that a very unusual 16 hours will have been added to your store of life experience.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”