Possible gay camp mates?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
Silvercowboy2455
Burning Since: 2000

Possible gay camp mates?

Post by Silvercowboy2455 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:07 pm

We have been attending Burning Man since 2000. We have missed two, not because We wanted to. We have had the same camp, basically, since the beginning. People have come and gone in those years but the core has remained the same. We have no camp name, no fees, very little drama. We have kept the camp small (never more than 15) on purpose, and that has caused some bad feelings in just recent years as some members want the camp to grow or merge with another. My partner and I are not interested in that, so for the first time ever we are trying something new. We are camping on our own.

Our camp has always been a safe place, an emotional touchstone when the experience gets overwhelming. I love each member. It is simply time for the other members to grow and merge but a large camp with big camp drama and fees is not something we are interested in. My partner and I have been together 17 years and we are getting married this year now that it is legal in Nevada. This should prove to be an interesting year. We would like to meet some new people.

We may be interested in other laid-back and easy-going no-drama gay couples looking to form a small stable cooperative camp. We are in Reno. We would prefer to meet and camp together first to see if we are compatible. Just putting it out there. An intimate, cooperative, and supportive camp is our goal. We just thought there might be other Burners similar to us. If you are interested, write a description of what you think a good camp for you might be. What are three words that describe what you would like in a camp? What is your BM "style?" Let's see where it goes.

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Possible gay camp mates?

Post by tamarakay » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:44 am

Lovely post. I hope you create just the perfect space for you. Congrats on the upcoming marriage.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:42 am

tamarakay wrote:Lovely post. I hope you create just the perfect space for you. Congrats on the upcoming marriage.
Echo, echo....congrats. Your post will have straights masquerading just to join. Hey. Everybody is a possible gay, right?
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

DrDart
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Wiener Zoo

Post by DrDart » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:46 pm

We area s small camp, 18 is as big as we ever got, I think 2015 will be less. Been coming since 2010, and mostly gay. We are trying to join a village this year, but still maintain our own identity. Basically, we want to join the village to get better placement. We are a definitely low drama, easy going crowd. We bring a mixed group of individuals, each burning their own way. Some come for art, others to chase lights until sunrise. Holler back if ya wanna know more.

DrBurnVirgin
Burning Since: 2015

Post by DrBurnVirgin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Greetings

If you can tell by my name, we are virgins to Burning Man and will be attending this year. We are a gay couple from Phoenix and are chill, relaxed, no drama dudes for sure. We are educated mature professionals, both 53 this year. But, total kids at heart.

We will be bringing a 30ft camper and we just don't know where to start. Ideas.

We are Patrick (me) and Chris.

digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Post by digital » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Yaaa! Gay virgins! (How often do you hear that phrase?)

Welcome to ePlaya, Patrick & Chris. If there are any specific questions I'm sure many here can help.

Don't forget to read the Survival Guide... it's loaded with goodies. As for gay-friendly burning there are a few of us here to help.

alt12
Burning Since: 2004

Post by alt12 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:54 am

no drama? what's the point of joining a theme camp then? Seriously, though have you considered getting in touch with Celestial Bodies? Long-time burners, Nor Cal-based, with more than one long-term gay couple in that group and they are very warm and inviting. And its not a very big camp. Might be a nice fit. They do operate a (very relaxed) bar, if that's a problem for you...

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Red Tea Camp

Post by dragonpilot » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:30 pm

There are several gay theme camps...most well-organized and welcoming...Camp Yes, Please and Camp Comfort and Joy to name a couple. Don't know anything about the camps' membership processes, but like many theme camps there is a certain amount of vetting that goes on...making sure the fit works both ways. That said, there's no harm in finding out where they get placed (that'll come about later) and dropping in for visits, make friends...
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Post by digital » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Almost forgot the newish camp GlamCocks*.
They put out an amazing video last year.
These guys are pretty fabulous.

Watch the movie. Seriously. Watch it.

*Not sure if accepting new folks.
(Courtney Act >3!)

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”