Pottie Central

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:32 am

this year I'm going to take Pottie Central to the next level, and submit a request for support camp placement status. Ideally I'd like the entire frontage of a Pottie bank, about 20' deep, from street to street.

What I'm looking for right now is if there is any interest out there in joining this endeavor.
Preliminary needs are:
- someone who submits the necessary documentation to secure the site
- someone to place people in the camp, and hold down the fort when we're out on Poop Patrol
- a moop czar as required by Placement to make a cleanup program for the camp

Expectations for the camp:
Store front participation offerings such as concierge service, a bar, foot wash station, etc.
Participation in occasional Poop Patrol
Help educate the bank's "participants" in Excremental Correctness (ex: offering ziploc baggies)
Remind each other to drink water

Ok, that's just a rough outline of my vision. Let me know if you have suggestions on how to proceed, even if you have no interest in living at a Porta potty bank.

Thanks!
RobbiDobbs
DPW Volunteer Coordinator, Special Projects (Porta-potties)
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie Project
Shit Queen of Burningman
I'll be in my blanket fort until further notice.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Pottie Central

Post by Ratty » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:39 pm

If I wasn't committed I would love to join you. You can do this Robbi! Potti patrol is a blast and you are never boring. Let me know when you get placement I'll be there early to help set up the shade.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

omegared
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Kamp Joe 4 President

Post by omegared » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:06 pm

What exactly does one do on Poop Patrol? If it's anything like MOOP patrol I'm not interested.
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:12 pm

So glad you asked. It is a four hour shift, you get fed and we go all over the city. Mooping is definitely involved, as it is part of life and the potty banks collect Moop as a public space.
1: distribute tp all over the city
2: recruit Pottie Friends and educate people about Excremental Correctness
3: listen to my bullshit, tell me to drink water, and keep me tethered to the planet surface
4: moop...a lot.

Does someone whose been on PP tell this lovely human being how gawd damn fun it is? I'm fading from allergy pill.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:11 pm

AND don't forget the part where you stop the car every 10 minutes to visit with friends, go to the radio station for appointments, spray paint stuff with stencils, drive out to the gloppata gloppata machine for suppplies, stop the car to pick up moop, chase people with baby wipe pkgs to educate them etc... Its a fun filled half day.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

omegared

Post by omegared » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 pm

I, like Ratty, am already committed to a camp but I applaud your efforts. I might be able to stop by for a patrol in support but already have a camp.
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:15 pm

omegared wrote:What exactly does one do on Poop Patrol? If it's anything like MOOP patrol I'm not interested.
I don't think you MOOP the poop. :shock:
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

omegared

Post by omegared » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Elderberry wrote:
omegared wrote:What exactly does one do on Poop Patrol? If it's anything like MOOP patrol I'm not interested.
I don't think you MOOP the poop. :shock:
That's what I was concerned about.

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 pm

I will definitely go on patrol. Wouldn't miss it. I thought that guy out at USS would faint when his boss said, " YES. Wash her car". (Robbi needed it washed so she could do the potti graffitti on it.) Not too many cars washed at BM.

Arthur Schopenhauer

omegared

Post by omegared » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Ratty wrote:I will definitely go on patrol. Wouldn't miss it. I thought that guy out at USS would faint when his boss said, " YES. Wash her car". (Robbi needed it washed so she could do the potti graffitti on it.) Not too many cars washed at BM.
New theme camp idea... The BRC Car Wash. Except at this car wash they will just dump playa dust all over your car.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:17 am

That was fucking hilarious Ratty! I just asked for a rinse down so the glass paint would stick, but he started detailing the damn car! I had to curb his enthusiasm.
No, we don't poop dive ever, and I tell others not to either. We just do the basic mooping any good citizen would do: if you see it, pick it up. All day long you'll have good luck!

I'd love to have you join in the fun. It is a fun filled half day, you get to see parts of the city you probably didn't know existed. Stenciling is PR as is tp delivery. The main purpose of Poop Patrol is to educate the poopulation and remind everyone that their behavior matters. I especially would love just to hear someone else on PA instead of me all the damn time. So if you're loud and proud, I want your ass in my car!

One very important way to participate is to engage people in conversation about Pottie awareness, educate if someone doesn't quite get it, and tell others to keep the message going.

Melonblue
Burning Since: 2015

Post by Melonblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:06 am

Will you take virgin burners?

I would really like to help out. My dad was a sewage and waterworks engineer in Toronto. We learned really early as kids what DOESN'T go in the potty and the DANGERS of not following the "rules" - like back flows or complete shut downs of services.

I'd be happy to come along and do a shift, or help in camp.

Open for a chat anytime to see if I am a good fit for your vision.

~ Mel

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:27 pm

OMG YES MELONBLUE!!!
I would love to have you involved. We can chat, just PM your ph#.

This is so exciting!

Melonblue

Post by Melonblue » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Woo!! awesome, sent you a PM :)

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:37 am

It's not looking promising for inner circle (anyone who's done poop patrol knows what this term means). Outer circle highly likely. I'm not going to stress about this.
It's been, gosh, 12 years since I lived in the Burbs!
It's much quieter, the air is fresher, the dirt is dirtier, the participants chiller(is that a word?)
I'm liking it more already.

Ok kids, if anyone still wants to join me at Pottie Central, let me know.
This is going to be one HELL of a good year for shit Campers!

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Got a camp, but would like to join you on poop patrol.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Thank you pink!!! I would love to have you join in the fun!
Stay tuned to this Bat Channel for location info where I end up. I'll also post my location at Playa Info and other locations.

Or if you see me, just jump in the Poop Mobile! It's a burgundy station weapon, so there's always room for more?

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm

My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:08 pm

This reddit thread Pink made continues to get feedback! Excellent post pink! I really appreciate the exposure on that board too as I do not do reddit.

digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Post by digital » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Her Royal Shitness:

Each year one of the portos near me is disgusted from the outside as out-of-order yet the inside is super fancy, clean and full of goodies like sanitizer, TP, nice pictures, and a basket of playa necessities. However I read somewhere recently that this practice is highly discouraged. Can you elaborate? I always enjoyed this particular loo and was surprised to learn it is not good practice.

Flowingly yours,
D

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Certainly digital, I'd be happy to review this.
It is discouraged because:
1) that unit being thus disguised essentially takes it out of service for most people, they don't venture to open it, and the volume burden is therefore higher on the rest of the units. It is the equivalent of dumping gray water into the other units, filling them up that much faster. This becomes a problem in high traffic areas, at night or at times of truck-stopping weather.
In the shit biz, volume is everything. That and time.
2) time is absolutely at a premium out there. I mean every fucking wasted minute is precious. When it takes 10 minutes to whip through the entire bank and one unit you had to futz about with the fiddle bits and what not, you've stolen time away from the cleaning process. Also the guys don't like to have to work around this shit cause it could fall in accidentally. They are moving excruciatingly fast. The units are mutherfuckin pressure washed for Petes sake!
3) the geegaws and doo dads WILL dive into the hole in no time flat! Guaran-fucking-teed! For every bottle of goo, you have three pieces of moop: the cap, the bottle and the goo. So by putting them into the unit, the perp is essentially providing moop to be deposited into the toilet. We have enough problems with beer cans and glow sticks. And it's not enough to put them into a tidy basket, because people are dumb, stoned, distracted or lazy. The offerings invariably get scattered hell to breakfast, and eventually WHOOPS, there it goes diving in.
4) those tidy baskets are immediately repurposed into being waste baskets. I have pictures of this phenomenon. It's not nice what people put in these. You.dont.want.to.know. They sit and ferment until event-end.
5) "at the end of the event, all decorations must be removed by the artist who puts them in there" so states my guidelines for anyone wishing to decorate the loos. Nice thought, looks good on paper. Doesn't fucking happen. Ask Ratty. I see it all over the city.
6) Hell, mid week, the shiny decor looks like, well, shit. It looks good a day then it degrades and you now have a unit essentially taken out of service, littered with garbage and generally is an abandoned mess that me, my volunteers or USS has to clean up.

Have I addressed your question to your satisfaction Mr Digital?
I'll be in my blanket fort until further notice.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:10 am

I was going to say, I think more often than not some of the tricked out stuff winds up either in the hole, or the urinal. I have no idea whether that's due to clumsiness, random accidents, or some drunk dumbass who thinks it's funny... but anything going into the hole or a urinal means at best a significant slowdown in the service while someone has to fish it out (since those things can't go through the suction hose), or at worst takes the pottie out of commission. I saw a couple potties that were out of service last year because something had clogged the urinal, but it had still been filled beyond capacity and the spillage and people weren't using it until it was cleaned up.

I hope you get a great spot, Robbi. We loved having you in our 'hood last year (just down the street) and thought you were a great neighbor. Once placement gets announced (in early July) I can edit that first post in the thread to add the specifics.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:54 am

I really appreciate that Trilo, thank you!
I see clogged urinals all over the city. It's a phenomenon with origins in the broken window effect. Dumb begets more dumb.

I'm quite confused about how to apply for support camp placement, so if someone could direct me in the right place I might have a chance at inner circle (C-D). Or am I already too late? Inner circle has the advantage of higher traffic and proximity to more wonderful neighbors like Eridu Society. Or if someone is placed against a bank Id be happy to take this low rent section off your hands and make your camps toilette extra special. I really enjoyed squatting on Shocks for Shocks land.
Because I'm still internet crippled, I'm not able to do the research involved. Or I'm dumb. Or need someone to hold my hair while I dive in.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 am

Check your PM's

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 am

Thank you so much Trilo for all your help and support!

Traiiler Park Gypsy
Camp Name: Hey Y'all

Post by Traiiler Park Gypsy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:23 pm

I might like to help with this and would like to speak more about it. Could you pm me?
"Doing It Right!"

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 pm

I loaded the recommended app to draw a camp mock up and realized I suck rocks at working w this kind of software. I mean yikes! I may just draw it in pencil on graph paper and take a picture of it. It still might only be little ol me at this camp just like last year.

If I have anyone wanting to join or have me join them before the cut off date, let me know.
If you hear of a potty themed camp between 6&10 let me know please. I'd surely be a huge asset.

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Robbi, even big cities have clogging problems:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/nyreg ... .html?_r=0

And http://gothamist.com/2015/03/13/wet_wip ... ything.php

"With its sewer system under siege, tallying millions of dollars in equipment damage across its underground maze, New York City is confronting a menace that has gummed the gears of plumbing networks around the world: the common wet wipe.

In recent years, the intersection of evolving hygienic sensibilities and aggressive industry marketing has fueled the product’s rise."
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:46 am

Yep sse, and it's only going to get worse.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Awareness is key - stay vigitlant and help get the world out.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”