A home for orphans!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
Farmgirl
Burning Since: 2014

A home for orphans!

Post by Farmgirl » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi! My name is Kate and I am a prodigious over packer! Well actually, I have a big trailer and storage unit full of camping equipment! Last year was my first and I managed to bring along a friend and host two random French guys, one of which was awesome, the other was so horrific I almost didn't post this! Anyway, I have anything and everything needed for the playa (except underwear if you're into that!?) I would be happy to bring as much as needed if people are traveling and need a home! I have nearly a dozen tents, lots of shade, grills, stoves, other kitchen needs, lots of lights, air mattresses, sleeping bags, a shower, make-shift, toilet, shade, lots of huge coolers, water, random useful crap from around the farm, happiness, etc... If you need a place to call home on the playa let me know! So far it's just one friend and I planning to go! I accept hugs, maybe some set up or tear down help, common courtesy, and someone who at least picks up after themselves! That's all I ask! I am a single mom of a crazy dog you will hear about, geologist/farmer/rancher, kid at heart, soccer fanatic, beer lover... Just let me know if your interested! And I don't check this often, but I will get back to you!

bax man
Burning Since: 2015

Re: A home for orphans!

Post by bax man » Thu May 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Done! I found my home for the week. :)

Check your PM. Let's chat.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Fri May 08, 2015 7:58 am

Love it Farmgirl! The power of Do-ocracy exemplified.

Stay away from the French! ;)

thetraveler

Post by thetraveler » Fri May 22, 2015 6:07 am

You sound perfect for us! Check your PMs, let's work this out! Can't wait to see you on-playa!

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Fri May 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Farmgirl wrote:Hi! My name is Kate and I am a prodigious over packer! Well actually, I have a big trailer and storage unit full of camping equipment! Last year was my first and I managed to bring along a friend and host two random French guys, one of which was awesome, the other was so horrific I almost didn't post this! Anyway, I have anything and everything needed for the playa (except underwear if you're into that!?) I would be happy to bring as much as needed if people are traveling and need a home! I have nearly a dozen tents, lots of shade, grills, stoves, other kitchen needs, lots of lights, air mattresses, sleeping bags, a shower, make-shift, toilet, shade, lots of huge coolers, water, random useful crap from around the farm, happiness, etc... If you need a place to call home on the playa let me know! So far it's just one friend and I planning to go! I accept hugs, maybe some set up or tear down help, common courtesy, and someone who at least picks up after themselves! That's all I ask! I am a single mom of a crazy dog you will hear about, geologist/farmer/rancher, kid at heart, soccer fanatic, beer lover... Just let me know if your interested! And I don't check this often, but I will get back to you!
Good luck, brave Farmgirl! Nice offer. Good luck screening out the horrific. :lol:

If you wanna name your camp I'll even put it in your subject line for you before " - A home for orphans". (There is already an Orphan Camp / Endorphan Camp).
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Dr_X

Post by Dr_X » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Perhaps, I've found my home on the Playa! I can definitely lend a hand with both set-up and tear-down and anything else that is needed day to day. I'm easy to get along with, cooperative, non-judgmental and no drama. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Edward, AKA Dr_X
Dog is my co-pilot

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Maybe call it Farmgirl's Home For Stray Burners?
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Do everything right this year, document it and apply for placement next year! And maybe find key orphans who are returning next year to help.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

k2love
Camp Name: Pink Heart

Post by k2love » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Hello Friend!
I would love to find a home with you beautiful kind people! I don't have a lot of equipment (none actually...not yet!) but I would be delighted to contribute a kind, gentle, fun, music loving, movie loving, rescue dog loving companion, delicious out of this world breakfast cereal and granola, food and water, assistance with setting, maintaining, and tearing down the camp, plus all the hugs you can handle, in exchange for the opportunity to learn how to do this properly!
I will send you a PM and look forward to your response!! :)
much love and gratitude,
kathy
Everything Is Awesome!

emberraines
Burning Since: 2014

Post by emberraines » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:41 pm

This is awesome!

I'm a 2nd year BabyBurner from the Bay area and due to a recent breakup been disowned from my last camp so was planning to camp alone but a bit nervous about it. Can I join??

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”