3:00 Neighborhood Camps

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: 3:00 Neighborhood Camps

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 pm

I have a question for Trilo or Simon.

i am not an BMOrg member or moderator or have any association other than long time burner, so Trilo is the one to ask, not me...He's Got the Official LowDown.

i can only offer you what i know, and that is unofficial, at best.

we have had "Unusual Shapes" in the past at the various camps i have been with, usually it's a jog, or a slight "L" shape involved but i would not worry too much about it.
Frida Be You & Me

WanderlustFlaneur
Burning Since: 2010

Postby WanderlustFlaneur » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:38 am

Hi all!

New to the board. Not sure where I'll be camping yet this year, but I'm really surprised to see that a millionaire camp got placed at 3:45 and Esplanade! I'm new to burning man...is this a common thing? :evil:

Facebook.com/groups/millionairecamp

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Postby gaminwench » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:23 am

^^ this makes me laugh. :roll:
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:40 am

@WanderlustFlaneur - you do realize that's a joke, don't you?

WanderlustFlaneur

Postby WanderlustFlaneur » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:49 am

@trilobyte et al...

How could this be a joke? I thought Burning Man was about love and art, not money and advertising. I really wish someone would do something about them. Is there anyone I can contact? A happy hour sponsored by Cristal? Seriously??

https://m.facebook.com/events/1600842540174603

Fidget
Burning Since: 2013

Postby Fidget » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
I have a question for Trilo or Simon.

i am not an BMOrg member or moderator or have any association other than long time burner, so Trilo is the one to ask, not me...He's Got the Official LowDown.

i can only offer you what i know, and that is unofficial, at best.

we have had "Unusual Shapes" in the past at the various camps i have been with, usually it's a jog, or a slight "L" shape involved but i would not worry too much about it.

Actually this is exactly the sort of info I was looking for - just people's experiences in the past with similar situations. Not really worried so much as just wanting to do a little pre-planning for our space as opposed to going in completely blind and being as modular as possible.
Your experience sort of jives with the bit of homework I've done (looking at past year's moop maps to see if there has been any consistency in camp shapes in the area we've been placed); not a lot of super weird shapes, mostly L's or slightly angled walls.
This is our first year running a placed theme camp so I'm just trying to get us all as prepared as possible in the short time we have. :)

Thanks for the replies and see you all in the dust!
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

bedlamdoll
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: BRC Hardware

Postby bedlamdoll » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:12 pm

WanderlustFlaneur, the camp is supposed to be satire, I'm sure. So you could say it's their art, and I bet if you drop by to check them out on playa, you can probably play along with the joke.

As for love...that's one possible experience. Some of us express our love a little differently, a little more abrasively, that kind of thing. Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time on the playa, and Fuck yer day. :wink:

Norma BunnyWolf
Camp Name: Midnight Ridazz Camp

Postby Norma BunnyWolf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Tiny Bones wrote:S'mores and Amour is happy to be back again this year at 2:30 and Ballyhoo! Gather here at sunset for some deeeeeeeeelicious s'mores!

Oh, is anyone a fan of Doctor Who? Because a certain timelord might be stopping by... :mrgreen:
ImageTardis Burning Man 2014 by ariannarice

Hiya Neighbors!

Midnight Ridazz Camp is at 2:30 and B this year as well! I spoke to one guy at your camp a bunch about the Tardis last year (of course, cannot remember his name!) I was so sad that the Pandorica didn't get finished due to the storm. My partner and myself are most definitely Whovians and would love to make it happen this year if need be.

See you on the Playa, we can fix yo bikes!

Wigwam
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Wanderers

Postby Wigwam » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 pm

The Wanderers are at 3:15 and F this year. I'm going to be stopping by the millionaire camp, but I'm bringing my own playa dust, sprinkled with actual gold, diamond and rubies.
The truth is more important than the facts.
I'm not an actor, but I've played one on TV.

zveeg
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Holi High Camp

Postby zveeg » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Holi High Camp (https://www.facebook.com/holihighcamp) is placed at 2:45 & Freakshow. We are bringing back the cannons, tunes, and cocktails again this year.

The paint cannons will be going Wednesday through Saturday, 1pm-4pm!

nilasnake

Postby nilasnake » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:19 pm

SIDESHOW will be at 3:00 plaza...next to the Midnite Popcorn Palace, near Artica. corndog spinning and magic shows! bring your freaky self there and show us what you've got.

te_gui
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Northwest Mist

Postby te_gui » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Northwest Mist will be at 3:00 and E. Stop by and cool down in our misting tent.

SpacePilot

Postby SpacePilot » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:26 am

3:40 & Ersatz ... join the Black Rock City Snowshoe Team - our clubhouse is at AEZ Village ... Prance the playa on 4 foot shoes ...pure maple syrup shooters over crushed ice ... Noon - Wed, Thurs, Fri or open by chance.

revjim

Postby revjim » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:39 pm

VooDoo Soup
2:45 & B
Hot Soup
Live Music
Cold Sodas

Sousaphones Welcome

remi

Postby remi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:42 am

WanderlustFlaneur wrote:@trilobyte et al...

How could this be a joke? I thought Burning Man was about love and art, not money and advertising. I really wish someone would do something about them. Is there anyone I can contact? A happy hour sponsored by Cristal? Seriously??

https://m.facebook.com/events/1600842540174603

Shut up!

On another note.. I'm pretty stoked at reading all the camps in our area.. sounds like a great year to be on the 3 side. Did I hear something about a Canadian craft beer sampling? Sha-wing!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

Fidget

Postby Fidget » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:49 am

remi wrote: On another note.. I'm pretty stoked at reading all the camps in our area.. sounds like a great year to be on the 3 side. Did I hear something about a Canadian craft beer sampling? Sha-wing!

You heard correct! Swing by 2:45 and B and join us at the Canadian Cascadian Tiki Lounge for some frosty craft beers straight out of the Canadian pacific northwest as well as a variety of other delicious brews from Portland and Washington!
Never rub another man's rhubarb.

oscillator

Postby oscillator » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

@ WanderlustFlaneur

WELCOME to BRC.

We shall send a limo to provide conveyance for you to our little soire: https://www.facebook.com/events/1600842540174603/

Do you prefer a USA Cadillac or some European model?

Mani/Pedi and Dom P. provided gratis. Please provide your GPS coords and best time to come gather you.

In dust,

-OSC

wildpersimmons
Camp Name: Burners Without Borders

Postby wildpersimmons » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Greetings all! Pan here--

operating the kitchen for the BWB/Burners Without Borders camp at 2:45 and Esplanade. We are seeking to share space in a reefer truck-- know anybody nearby with a refrigerator that can accommodate an extra 2 palettes? Let us know! Many thanks all-- excited to see the activity in the hood!

DoubleOh
Burning Since: 2015

Postby DoubleOh » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:19 am

speakcheasy will be at 3:30 and B this year, come by for an open bar and some cheesy treats!

mystikmike

Postby mystikmike » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Helloo campers! [b]EBB and Glow[/b] village will be at 3:15 between Carny and Donniker. This is our first year as a village, but some of our camps are repeat offenders....

Come visit our many attractions, including:

:D VR Camp - participate in another other-worldy experience that is difference from the other-worldy playa world
:o Fire & Ice Lounge - libations, kindly comments and more, just for the asking
8) The Magic Lantern - shaped like a giant garlic clove, this is the place to sit back, have a pull at the hookah, and tell tall tales
:roll: Cranky & Sons Bike Repair - where you can learn to grok your bicycle in fullness. Blessed be the grease!
:shock: Blue Fox Studio - the finest in on-playa photography from the official photo dude for this year's Temple
:wink: Paperman's amazing Paper Mache art forest.

And of course, there are other unplanned and unexpected treats to be had. Come on in and set a spell!
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Mark Twain

nickn

Postby nickn » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:04 pm

The Art Model Camp provides a shaded place to do figure drawing, and/or pose for drawings, no experience necessary for either. Male and female models, 2-20 minute poses in 30 minute sessions, with some artist supplies available (sketch pads and pencils, charcoal).

Noon to 3 pm Monday through Sunday, with a bar of sorts.

We're located in the AEZ camp (3:30 and G - look for the dome and 20x20 shade structure).

thebalk2015

Looking for a great group to camp with around 3:00

Postby thebalk2015 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:07 am

Hey 3:00 Campers,
Our camp from last year didn't get placed this year so we are orphans looking for a new spot to make new friends and enjoy the playa together.

We have former campmates from last year who are staying with Pickled Monday at 3 & Plaza so hoping we can find something near them.

We are 5 guys, all super chill and nice, 2 of us from LA, 2 from San Fran, and one from DC. It's the first burn for a couple of the guys.

We have 1 RV (22 footer), 1 car, and 1 tent.

We'd be happy to contribute/clean up/join activities of any of your group's plans.

Thanks for considering, I'd be happy to chat with anybody if you wanted to prior to agreeing to letting us use your camp area.

Thanks,
Ara

LoveBliss
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: XOXO

Postby LoveBliss » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:32 am

Hi all, happy decompression! I have been kicking myself for not returning to a camp where I heard a very fun music set in the morning. I'm dying to talk with the DJ again and I forgot his name. I meant to go back and then got sick and soon enough it was time to leave and I didn't go back.

I am trying to find the camp name from maps online but can't locate any where the names are legible or even present. I'm almost positive the camp was between 2 and 3:00 on the Esplanade. It was a narrow little camp playing a melodic dubstep. It makes me want to.... thinking about it. Is there a list of camps on the Esplanade with their addresses? I need to find that DJ and be in touch with him. Feeling so sad now that I may never see him again.

To confuse matters, the camp MAY have been on 2:00 right near the Esplanade... but I am almost sure it was on the Esplanade, past the Celtic Castle camp. Can anyone help with some clues or anything?

Thank you thank you thank you

PLB

Soul Patch
Camp Name: WMICC " Veggie Camp"

Postby Soul Patch » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello Neighbors,
WMICC
Veggie Camp, back at 3:00 and J.
Gifting organic fruits and veggies.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi Soul Patch. Welcome to 2015 over again. (Nope. No do-overs. What ever happened last year is on your permanent record.)

You posted on last year's thread.

Now get over to the 2016 thread and say it again.

BTW that is a great avatar. It looks just like you.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

tommythefool

The SugarBitch Camp Magically Reappears @ PolyParadise

Postby tommythefool » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:49 pm

We'll be in the PolyParadise Village at 3:30 and Effigare.

Find us for living low-carb on the playa plus:

Thursday 5pm: Frozen Strawberries and Cream
Friday 5pm: More Frozen Strawberries and Cream

None of those pesticide ridden strawberries, either!

Always available for help on living low-carb or diabetic/Paleo/Atkins in the sugary world of Black Rock City. Look for the 38' post and flag!

Molotov
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" exiled to 3:17 & G

Postby Molotov » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Just placed: 3:15 & E-- "The 'Burbs", a no frills-no services camp for participants affiliated with BRC Emergency Services Department (ESD-the yellow shirted folks). If you need help in the 3:00 sector, do not pass go, instead go direct to ESD Station 3 at 3:00 and C. Look for the big red cross! Black Rock Rangers Outpost Berlin is right across the street from Station 3 on the other side of 3:00 and C. One-stop-shopping for all your emergency needs! :lol:

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Postby bigbluedoggy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:39 pm

Maybe one of the mods should lock this thread.... just a thought. It's just sooo last year.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - proud member of the 3:00 Portal for 2017!

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”