Kinda late in the game, but trying to find a camp!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
CylonDevice
Burning Since: 2014

Kinda late in the game, but trying to find a camp!

Post by CylonDevice » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Im a 28yr old guy from the Oakland, California area. I work at a coffee shop and in my spare time do a lot of hiking,camping, urban exploration, reading, underground music events, the like. This will be my second Burn. I wasn't able to get a ticket in the main sale, so I didn't hold out much hope on getting a ticket...which means that now that I have been offered a ticket I'm scrambling to line everything up!

I'm very self reliant, but I don't have a car, and will be arriving on the Burner Express, which means unfortunately Im not able to bring nearly enough water with me. Soooo I need to find a camp that supplies water, obviously anything extra is great but thats all i expect/need. Last year I camped with a really awesome group that I really hoped to be able to camp with again, however at this late stage they are full up, as it seems to be the situation with a lot of camps which is understandable.

If you guys know of any camps to suggest, or ideas, let me know :) Really hoping things work out and I make it home this year :)

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Kinda late in the game, but trying to find a camp!

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:14 pm

CylonDevice welcome to eplaya. Lets talk. You want to join a camp just for water? Nope. That's not a good enough reason. Take that money you would have spent on camp dues and buy some 3 gallon heavy duty ziplock bags. You might as well get a collapsible ice chest too. Buy your ice at the burn for $3 a bag and drink the water when it melts. Invest the rest of that money in tequila. Small flat bottles that will fit in all the pockets of your hunting vest. Camp anywhere you like but do come find me. I love tequila.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

CylonDevice

Post by CylonDevice » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Haha maybe I came off in my post with the wrong mindset? Sorry :/ Its been a long day and my post might not be the most coherent. Yeah Im not trying to join a camp just for water, I just didn't want to come off as someone looking to have all their needs supplied for them. I would love to be able to join a camp that has a bunch of awesome people and get to know each other and have adventures n shit. I can be what of a socially awkward person, and being in a camp really helps me get out of my shell. Which is what happened last year, I had no idea what to expect, and I made so many amazing friends and had fantastic adventures with the people I camped with. Didn't mean to come off as "yo let me pay u $$ for a camping spot and water ok bye". Reading my post in retrospect I can see how it may have come off as that way.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Well in THAT case. Aren't you lucky that you live in the Bay Area. Hop on over to Nimby's and help out on some art projects. Look up the East Bay Burners on FB and go to the shin-dig this month. Become a Greeter and ask if they still have openings to camp with them. All 3 of these ideas will find you a perfect camp in no time. Good luck. (Still buy those zip-locks and tequila.)
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

CylonDevice

Post by CylonDevice » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:36 pm

Ratty wrote:Well in THAT case. Aren't you lucky that you live in the Bay Area. Hop on over to Nimby's and help out on some art projects. Look up the East Bay Burners on FB and go to the shin-dig this month. Become a Greeter and ask if they still have openings to camp with them. All 3 of these ideas will find you a perfect camp in no time. Good luck. (Still buy those zip-locks and tequila.)

Thanks for the suggestions :) Ive been going to local burner events and whatnot when possible, in hopes of exactly that, however I've been working an insane amount of hours lately and can't seem to have time to get as involved as i would like. I will try harder though, I am determined :)

Im more of a whiskey guy myself ;) And am definitely doing the cooler/ziploc method if all else fails!

renee
Camp Name: Love Potion

Post by renee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Hiya! This month's East Bay Burners social (https://www.facebook.com/events/556340754517845/) is going to be held at Love Potion Collective (https://www.facebook.com/lovepotioncollective), whose camp, incidentally, is still recruiting. Come check us out?

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=57 ... c79b6966a2

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”