Seeking art car operator to facilitate epic wedding proposal

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
secretsecret
Burning Since: 2018

Seeking art car operator to facilitate epic wedding proposal

Post by secretsecret » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm a frequent lurker and infrequent poster on ePlaya but just created this account for the purpose of this thread, as it would be real sad for my machinations to be discovered prematurely. Mods, please let me know if that's a problem, and move the thread if you think it would be more appropriate somewhere else.

My partner and I have been together for many years, and burning together for most of them. This time around, I'm going to propose, and I'm real damn excited about it. I know exactly how I'd like to do it, but it requires the help of somebody with an art car that can carry us and (hopefully, but not necessarily) some of our camp members for an evening. I'm certainly not looking to charter a private cruise or anything, and I definitely intend it as an open, public, "more the merrier" sort of deal. I am just looking for an MV that could swing by our camp (very close to the Esplanade, not far from center camp) at a predetermined time with space on board for some of us, meander the inner playa, and wind up at the temple (incidentally named the Temple of Promise this year) around sunset. I pop the question, and a much larger group of friends and family are there waiting to surprise my partner. Oh, and if possible I'd like to load a case of cheap champagne on board in advance to share in the subsequent festivities. Obviously.

That's pretty much the long and short of it. I don't know what I could offer in return besides my immense and undying gratitude and the status of honored hero any time you come to our fun, interactive, alcohol-fueled camp, but I'm open to suggestions. Any MV, large or small, could do the trick, but it would be a lot of fun if there was space for a solid contingent of our camp members (and if you've got capability to bump some tunes, you'd have an entire troupe of professional fire spinners on board that would love to throw down a big party wherever you decide to park). Please get in touch if this sounds like a gift you could potentially be interested in giving a burner couple for a memorable proposal!

ranger magnum
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Outpost Tokyo

Re: Seeking art car operator to facilitate epic wedding proposal

Post by ranger magnum » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:35 am

I had the very same idea 2012. I even found an art car from my hometown, and set it all up. Everything.

And then a few weeks before the burn they decided not to go. So quickly new plans were made, and ultimately I proposed under the man, just us. And a thousand or so onlookers.

Your best bet is to make the plans when you get there, possibly even the day of. Shit breaks out there. Often. Peoples plans change out there. Often.

Have a plan B. And a plan C.

And a pre nuptial agreement.
Praise the Lowered

ranger magnum
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Outpost Tokyo

Re: Seeking art car operator to facilitate epic wedding proposal

Post by ranger magnum » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:58 pm

I had the very same idea 2012. I even found an art car from my hometown, and set it all up. Everything.

And then a few weeks before the burn they decided not to go. So quickly new plans were made, and ultimately I proposed under the man, just us. And a thousand or so onlookers.

Your best bet is to make the plans when you get there, possibly even the day of. Shit breaks out there. Often. Peoples plans change out there. Often.

Have a plan B. And a plan C.

And a pre nuptial agreement.
Praise the Lowered

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”