Camp GTFO - Looking for people to join our camp!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
BingBingBeezy
Burning Since: 2008

Camp GTFO - Looking for people to join our camp!

Postby BingBingBeezy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:09 am

Hello to you! We have some extra space in our camp this year as we have had some people who had to bow out this year. We would LOVE to have some people join us, new to Burning Man or not!

A little about us:

A group of misfits who have come together to create an on-playa family, some of us we see only once a year, others on the daily. We have a HUGE sense of humor and believe that radical self-expression can be hysterical, healing, silly and serious all at the same time. We have a small speaker set but respect the need for some quiet time
and try not to offend those within ourown camp and our neighbors. We've got shade for your tent space and a living room-style area with couches and chairs salvaged over the years for the daily "what the fuck did everyone do last night?" conversation each morning. We do have placement again this year and we're back in the 7:30 sector (THANK YOU PLACEMENT TEAM!). I personally have a huge personality and LOVE all of the amazing art and ideas that keep the city so incredible every year. I am one of the two very veteran burners within our camp (both of us going back for number eight) with the majority of us having more than a few under our belts now. If you, you and your playa partner or maybe a small group are interested in joining us for an abundance of laughter, exploring Black Rock City 'round the clock, camp shots and maybe making some great, new friends, please feel free to reach out to me in the next few days!

:D

BurnLiker
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: none...YET ;)

Re: Looking for people to join our camp!

Postby BurnLiker » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:18 am

Wow, I was actually just asking about this. I've never actually been to burning man but I love the idea of a communal camp. What do I need to do to join? Is there a place with more of these kind of listings? :mrgreen:

silverdoor456

Postby silverdoor456 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:01 am

HI...newbie here with a BIG heart and a BIG sense of humor to match. I'm lkg for a group of fellow misfits who don't fit in anywhere because that'll be where I can fit in (haha). It's just me and the supplies I'm putting together for BM from the excellent inventory list another burner graciously wrote up. Oh, and my car will be with me. I'm a good guy, care about others and work in nonprofit on causes I care about (most recently helping wounded vets). Let me know...

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:51 am

Moved to Camps, Art & Activities, as it is a better fit in this forum.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

MikeyAK

Postby MikeyAK » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:22 pm

I am interested!!! I am a first timer and I don't have any close friends who are going and I'm TOTALLY LOST and I know that I don't want to have to set up my tent out in the middle of nowhere and have nobody to talk to so I'll send you a private message and maybe something will work out.

logangraham

Postby logangraham » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Hey there!

I just sent you a message. I would love to learn more about you and introduce myself :)

keray92

Postby keray92 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:42 pm

Is there anymore room? Virgin Burner here from California trying to find camp for Burning Man!

bibbledibble
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Camp GTFO - Looking for people to join our camp!

Postby bibbledibble » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:49 pm

FWIW, I camp with GTFO, and can vouch for it being a truly amazing group of people AND they we're organized as hell (thanks B!) This is going to be a great year provided the bugs don't kill us all in our sleep!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm confused. Isn't GTFO the exact opposite as asking people to join?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

XeniaWarriorPrincess

Postby XeniaWarriorPrincess » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi awesome people GTFO camp, I'm a first time burner - coming all the way from London - my group of friends were not able to come this year, but i decided to make it to BRC anyway. Yes, really-really need a camp to stay, and it would be fantastic to camp with you.
Sense of humour (British and beyond) comes with :)

puravidamia
Burning Since: 2013

Postby puravidamia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi Camp GTFO! My name is Lauren (28), my partner Dan (32) and I have just secured last min tickets and are now looking for a camp of new best friends to hold space with. Please let me know if you have space for our tent and what infrastructure your camp has and hopefully it's a fit! We're flying in from NY so we can't bring much with us. Having a basic kitchen-type setup would be our main need (I gift the best breakfasts!), and evaporation ponds for solar showers would be sweet! This will be our 3rd burn in a row and we live the playa lifestyle year round as professional musicians. We come bearing gifts of rhythm and song! 7:30 sounds like a good location as we facilitate the Red Lightning Sunset Celebration drum circle every sunset at 8:30 & Esp.

We also have some friends in an RV who are looking for some cool people to join up with...

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Lauren
)*(

joieful

Postby joieful » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:32 am

Hello Camp GTFO! We are looking for an awesome camp to join!! This will be our 2nd burn :) Do you still have space available? We are eager and ready to help! Please let me know if and how we could move forward with the possibility of joining your camp.

Peace, Love, & Dust
Katrina & Darrell

Islamapaddy
Camp Name: Celtic Chaos

Postby Islamapaddy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:39 am

Hi, second burn and keen for a new camp. Can you send me the finer details etc? keen to contribute :-) cheers

Kiks1272

Postby Kiks1272 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi

Second yr burner interested in ur camp please send info!!!!

El Solo
Camp Name: Little Orphan Annex

Postby El Solo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:46 am

Are you still looking for people?
Where is the camp located?
About how many people are in the camp?
Does "GTFO" stand for anything in particular?

carcallaghan

Postby carcallaghan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:28 am

Hi! I'm a 19 year old virgin burner from the bay area going to my first burn with my boyfriend and our friend. I'm looking for a camp where all 3 of us can stay. We've built our own geodesic dome that we'd love to share with the camp, and we're more than willing to help out with any food and water and other work to be done! I'm really interested in being a part of your camp and I'd love to know more about it. Please message me if there's still space in your camp, I'd be incredibly grateful to join!!!

mjpasqual
Camp Name: Looking for A camp!

Matty Looking for a Camp!

Postby mjpasqual » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 am

Hey My name is Mathew Pasqual and Im a 2nd timer who is willing to participate and work. I am completely self reliant, I could always meet new people
let me know please @ 707 3869674

Jon_MFD

Postby Jon_MFD » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi! My camp had camp collapse disorder due to not enough people getting tickets. I got one last minute. Happen to have any room left? I'm a 36 yr old male Non Virgin, specialized branch of mechanical engineering for state university so pretty good with tools. Work as a night club DJ/Lighting Tech by weekend nights. I know how to cook, weld, clean up MOOP, laugh, and give Hi5s! Will be on playa from Monday to Monday. I also will have adult beverages and pickles to share :D If any room left, I would love to join, please PM.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”