NEED SPACE

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
daniellesdad
Burning Since: 1990

NEED SPACE

Postby daniellesdad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Looking for a theme camp near 4:00 that has space for a 22 year burner. I have a full kitchen and will provide and cook 4 breakfasts and dinners. Just looking for some good people who like good food and good company. I need a little space as I have a 22 foot trailer and shade structure. Im alcohol free but I am a burner. Daughter wants to do her thing with her friends without dad around and I totally get it. let me know if you have space. Peace

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: NEED SPACE

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:03 am

I'm moving this over to the Camps, Art, and Activities board since that's a better fit for a seeking camp thread.

In response to your thread, YOU DON'T NEED A CAMP! You sound like you might be pretty radically self reliant, and have all the stuff you need. Just find an open space when you arrive, check with any adjacent neighbors to identify where their boundaries are, and then set up.

MadMelvina
Burning Since: 2014

Postby MadMelvina » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Hey there,
This is my second burn, last year was my first. My girlfriend and I were going solo too, didn't know anyone or have a theme camp to join. We got there around late afternoon on Sunday and ended up at J & 6:30. We had great neighbors, had a great time, looked out for each other and shared some meals. We had a single guy on either side of us, one in a tent and his car, the other in a small camper with shade and a great kitchen setup that he shared with all of us, a group of young people from Switzerland in an RV, a group of guys from Southern CA, and some older folks nearby who were long time burners and didn't like to be super close to the traffic and chaos. This just gives you one idea of what it was like to camp solo.

We did feel like we were hanging out in a big parking lot, but we were away from the really crazy neighborhoods and crowds. We didn't have bikes, so we walked everywhere, went to Center Camp every day. All this to say, I encourage you to give solo camping a shot, you will meet cool people wherever you end up!

This year we are going solo again, even though I know some people in placed camps. I don't even know what it's like to be in a placed camp, so I CAN tell you, we had a good experience going solo. Trust me, you and your neighbors will make your own "camp"! Cheers and have a good burn! :)

daniellesdad
Burning Since: 1990

Postby daniellesdad » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 pm

My first two years were solo but it was a lot smaller and totally inclusive. I'll do well.this year as i have a pretty good kitchen set up and I'll be cooking a lot. I'll be somewhere around 4 o'clock and g or h or wherever. Have a great burn.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”