I have a small circus tent and I need a camp!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
MadMelvina
Burning Since: 2014

I have a small circus tent and I need a camp!

Postby MadMelvina » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:28 am

Do you want this near your camp?? Of course you do! It goes with this year's theme!

I'm leaving SF Saturday at midnight to get to Sunday gate opening. Last year at my first burn, after hours in the Will Call line on Sunday, we ended up in the suburbs and my girlfriend and I joked about spending hundreds of dollars to hang out in an RV parking lot for a week. We didn't realize how impossible it was to find a space if you weren't with a theme camp.

I'm in a camper van - which has an awning and my tent is 13' in diameter. What are the chances I can find a decent space closer to center than F at around gate opening time? We have tickets and VP in hand, no Will Call this year, thank god.

I dread driving around endlessly looking for a space; last year, we passed by SO many half empty lots near people who were saving them for their friends arriving later in the week. It was frustrating!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MadMelvina

Re: I have a small circus tent and I need a camp!

Postby MadMelvina » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:01 am

I should clarify that I'm not necessarily looking for an already placed camp. I want to know what my options might be for an open space if I get there by gate opening time!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Postby Ratty » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:32 am

Mad M, You sound a bit whinney. I get there early and I'm not allowed to camp any closer than G. (and G is taken). WTH. Anywhere is great. You got a ticket. Enjoy yourself.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

MadMelvina

Postby MadMelvina » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:21 pm

heehee, yes, Ratty, you bet I'm whining :P
Thank you, though, for reminding me that it's going to be AWESOME wherever we end up!
:D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:
Cheers!

[jim]
Burning Since: 2009

Postby [jim] » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 am

you can do some trolling... we had excellent placement on Rod's Road last year and due to some flakey campmates, had extra space.

We gave some to our neighbors (overbooked and overbuilt!), and on tuesday, a nice person with a tent came by and we let her camp with us as well.

The playa provides, but in a reverse peter principle manner:

the less needy you are, the more the playa provides.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”