Solo Burner Meetup

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Solo Burner Meetup

Postby spacetime » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:23 am

I am not going solo this year, but my biggest contributions on eplaya have been in helping first-time solo folks get ready.

I wanted to see if there was any enthusiasm for solo people who might want to try to meet each other.

I am happy to host a solo-burner's meetup at our campsite in AEZ Village. After a time we could go around and check out people's solo setups.

ShellyJo
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Solo Burner Meetup

Postby ShellyJo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 am

Yeah, I would be interested!
I'm in crazy packing mode now.... trying to figure out how much I'll be able to fit on the airplane without going overweight, etc...
Keep me posted on potential day/time.
~ShellyJo Image

Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind?

leafx

Postby leafx » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:36 am

im interested as well, and mildly panicking in packing mode myself too, double checking this santa list
id like to meet other solo burners because they are just like me, agenda-less. i have a feeling that groups that go together are already clicky and stay with their crew on playa, but how would i know ive never been. must kill all expectations over the next 5 days

i dont think ill arrive in BRC until tuesday, 9/1 around 5pm-ish. gimme an hour or so to setup camp and ill meet anyone anywhere. ugh, just remembered i'll be on foot, i cant pick up my bike until 10am the next morning from hammer and cyclery

psidoer
Camp Name: no

Postby psidoer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Solo virgin here. I would love to find some help with shading, cooling, and protecting my suv and tent.

ruebear

Postby ruebear » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:36 pm

I'd be interested! Initially I was going to attend solo but my husband was lucky to find a ticket BUT he'll be leaving early and I'll be staying Friday - Monday so I'd love to meet up with you guys!

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:16 pm

People.
BRC is only available to you for a week.
Get out there and explore...

Really.
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

fosterandbronze

Postby fosterandbronze » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 am

I'm arriving late probably wednesday but I am a virgin solo burner and would love to meet up with some people!

spacetime

Postby spacetime » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Okay, I don't know if this works for foster, but I've set the meetup to:

Wednesday 4:30pm - 5:45pm. We'll host it at our campsite in AEZ Village which is at 3:30 and E.

Our camp will have sail-looking tarp shade structures.

I listed the event on playa info, but it is too late to make it into the print guide.

I'll try to post a sign nearby with the info. The official camp name is Camp Skylark in AEZ Village.

Anyone who wants to can continue on to the ePlaya meet and greet after the event.

Good luck.

DavyRay

Postby DavyRay » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:59 pm

I'm interested in the meet-up. I am a solo virgin, flying and riding the Burner Express.
Arriving some time Tuesday afternoon.
I plan to camp in Hoverlandia at 6:30 and Illusion.
I am also struggling with space and weight restrictions on airplanes and the bus.
I left my cool camp shower at home. It's too heavy and bulky for flying. Will bring a loofa and a mist-maker instead.

spacetime

Postby spacetime » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:33 pm

DavyRay wrote:I'm interested in the meet-up. I am a solo virgin, flying and riding the Burner Express.
Arriving some time Tuesday afternoon.
I plan to camp in Hoverlandia at 6:30 and Illusion.
I am also struggling with space and weight restrictions on airplanes and the bus.
I left my cool camp shower at home. It's too heavy and bulky for flying. Will bring a loofa and a mist-maker instead.

Hey, thanks for posting. Too bad about the shower but the substitutes will work!

Don't forget to write down the meetup time / location: Wednesday 4:30pm - 5:45pm. Camp Skylark @ AEZ Village which is at 3:30 and E. Good luck!

Jon_MFD
Burning Since: 2013

Postby Jon_MFD » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:34 pm

I'd be interested as well. Camp had not enough tickets collapse disorder. Hopefully see you there!

spacetime

Postby spacetime » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Jon_MFD wrote:I'd be interested as well. Camp had not enough tickets collapse disorder. Hopefully see you there!

Hopefully. Good luck.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”