Live webcam this year?

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Live webcam this year?

Postby maladroit » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Looks like the Burning Man webcast is not on Ustream this year. There's some vague encouragement to look for their upgraded stream from a different provider this year. Where is that?

I need to send the link to people in order to forcibly drag them into Camp Envy so that they can come with me next year.

motorbikematt
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Media Mecca

Re: Live webcam this year?

Postby motorbikematt » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:02 am

We'll post the link soon! Bear with us, there have been some dusty delays. :oops:

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Postby maladroit » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks! Any updates? Gonna stick with YouTube Live or go back to Ustream?

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Looks like it may be on YouTube.

Makes sense with all the google connections.

It is offline right now but scheduled to go live tomorrow. Should update below if the keep the ID the same.

[media]

shroom

Postby shroom » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:29 am

I was wondering about this too, thanks!
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero

djmikel

Postby djmikel » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:18 pm

Webcast sucks. No chat. Only 1 view of the playa. Same ole crap every year. Nobody seems to know how to manage a decent webcast.

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:13 am

Hmmm Me and mine...we sure miss the live Ustream webcam.

So far, only live Youtube feed and BMIR. We have both going in seperate tabs.

Some rockin' Burny tunes from BMIR :lol: Thank you!

Time to look for Camp Envy for some live chat!? We HOPE!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

djmikel

Postby djmikel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:38 am

Camp Envy chat is at Flowdock.com. There is a link at the top of the page at CampEnvy.com

elparu
Burning Since: 2013

Postby elparu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:39 pm

great job guys. beta .2 version works and feels juuuust fine
would be nice to have bmir as sound though

Mohairs
Camp Name: Hushville

Postby Mohairs » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 pm

elparu wrote:great job guys. beta .2 version works and feels juuuust fine

It IS GREAT!
I had the same thought....BMIR as sound and/or someone just occasionally narrating?
:D

forty_eight

Postby forty_eight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:38 pm

djmikel wrote:Webcast sucks. No chat. Only 1 view of the playa. Same ole crap every year. Nobody seems to know how to manage a decent webcast.

it's panning now, btw

bmir over the stream really adds to it. i miss that.

Token

Postby Token » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:03 pm

It sure looks like a whole bunch of unfinished out there.

Maybe it gets better when things are on fire.

forty_eight

Postby forty_eight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:45 pm

i felt that way too

i got reports that my camp was drinking whiskey instead of setting up, lol

looks like a lot of art support vehicles still rolling around

and other default type vehicles - maybe LEOs?

forty_eight

Postby forty_eight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 pm

anyone know of an online art directory like they give you with the www that has art locations and names?

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:42 pm

okay hand on tiiiight! I'm watching live youtube AND chattin Camp Envy BUT I NEED the link for BMIR!!!!!!!!

post it here if ya got it...pleeeeez...

In the meantime I'll keep tryin to find you BMIR...Opera at sunset...how lovely! wish I were there with everyone but uh, I am busy saving my own life! (not jokin') BMIR link pleeeez!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Phew! I have all four going Camp Envy chat, BMIR, Youtube Live Feed w/Badass HD TALL CRANE mounted cam & eplaya :lol:

I miss everybody! Sure is quiet in here {{{{echo}}}} and the bad guys are knockin' at the door...but methinks I might liiiive! :shock:

elparu

Postby elparu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 pm

forty_eight wrote:anyone know of an online art directory like they give you with the www that has art locations and names?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... xgaF8gR5Sw

motorbikematt

Postby motorbikematt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:19 am

Greetings Earthlings,

I want to respond to a few things here that I'm seeing so you can understand what the webcast is all about. First, to address a few folks:

Token wrote:Makes sense with all the google connections.

No it doesn't make sense, actually, and quite honestly you are clueless. I'm tired of hearing this nonsense of conspiracy. I, nor ANYONE ELSE involved with the Webcast work for or are in any way affiliated with Google! Google has ZERO to do with this webcast with the except that they own YouTube and provide live streaming as a no cost, commercial free service. Moreover, there were ZERO favors paid by Google to make this happen; we (and YOU) are getting nothing extra. We followed the instructions for a YouTube Live broadcast and tweaked our network settings to ensure proper quality. With the exception of the cameras and the software, the remaining hardware and labor in the webcast container is my personal property as a gift to the org and to the participants unable to attend in person. A shout out must also be made to Ralf and the BM IT team, for ensuring the connectivity on playa and to the rest of the world.

And I love you too, no matter how difficult it is sometimes.

djmikel wrote:Webcast sucks. No chat. Only 1 view of the playa. Same ole crap every year. Nobody seems to know how to manage a decent webcast.

I love you too. This shit is hard and there are a ton of constraints. Stay tuned. Jerk.

elparu wrote:great job guys. beta .2 version works and feels juuuust fine

forty_eight wrote:bmir over the stream really adds to it. i miss that.

Thanks for the compliment. Indeed, it is very hard work out here in the dust, with personal equipment at peril, and with surprise injury, dealing with heavy winds and missing out on a lot of playa experiences to share it with you. I'm grateful for the opportunity that the Burning Man Project has provided, and for your understanding.

The deal with the audio stream this year is a rather simple but unfortunate revelation. YouTube scans live streams for copyrighted content. Repeated violations will result in Copyright strikes. Not on my watch! Read more about this here. I must own up to this mistake as I did not recognize this until I started streaming BMIR in the test phase. As of right now, the main solution is rather simple: open another window and go to BMIR's website and listen there, or to any other audio stream of your choice and enjoy your burn.

Lastly, with regard to chatting on the live video stream, there are other options and I think they're fantastic. First thing from our side: in the shift to YouTube, we had to compromise on a number of differences. One of them was uncertainty of the timeline for requiring for Google+ verified identities in order to post chat messages and comments. Googles own blog about this wasn't clear on timelines.

Many alternatives exist, however. Twitter and Facebook are filled with Burning Man posts thanks to cell service. Interact! If privacy is more your concern, then there are a number of participant-driven IRCs, unaffiliated with the Burning Man project, that you can chime in on. I list the ones I know here, in order of average audience size.

Flowdock #campenvy/public <===requires registration at flowdock.com/app/campenvy/public
    EFNet #burningman
    ustream #campenvy
    freenode #burningman & #reddit-burningman
    DALnet #burningman-livestream

INTERACT!!!! I AM LISTENING as motorbikematt just like here and everywhere else. If you have any criticism or feedback on the current status of the livestream, I can be reached fastest on the IRCs or on Twitter. I simply don't have the bandwidth in time to be checking into eplaya with much frequency. Thanks for understanding. Now go enjoy your burn!!

Token

Postby Token » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:35 am

motorbikematt wrote:Greetings Earthlings,

... actually, and quite honestly you are clueless.

This shit is hard and there are a ton of constraints. Stay tuned. Jerk.

Awwwww, did someone miss their morning yoga?

Please tell us more on how hard it is and all about your personal equipment peril so that we can cry you a river.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby some seeing eye » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 am

You mean BMIR is a pirate radio station??? It really shouldn't be broadcasting off playa at all.

Motorbikematt, welcome to ePlaya!

It would be cool to get a report after the events of your setup and experiences.

Best way to deal with our snark, especially from those of us who have been around for a while, is some humor and online aikido.

The full on counterattack or the butthurt approaches are not the best.

People who are not there are not entitled to their dream remote experience either, which is your point, and I have to agree.

And I would be in favor of a large, profitable tech company to pay for a dedicated participant Internet connection independent of the BORG.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby vargaso » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:41 am

The video quality is amazing this year, and the camera is moving around and zooming in a lot more than in previous years. Thanks for that and for putting it all together!

Seems exceptionally dust out there this year. Thank God for that, might shake up some of the bucket listers.

HeatRash
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Camp Envy

Postby HeatRash » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 pm

I've been spending way too much time watching the live feed..... well done!! :) Hopefully it's OK to post a screen cap here and there?

HeatRash
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Camp Envy

Postby HeatRash » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Token wrote:It sure looks like a whole bunch of unfinished out there.

I started doing a screencap timeline of one but the cam's not zooming into it this afternoon :( A lot of other stuff looks cool though

motorbikematt

Postby motorbikematt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 pm

HeatRash wrote:I've been spending way too much time watching the live feed..... well done!! :) Hopefully it's OK to post a screen cap here and there?

As far as I am concerned, the more you share, the more you participate!

motorbikematt

Postby motorbikematt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:24 pm

some seeing eye wrote: Motorbikematt, welcome to ePlaya!

Thank you. I sure don't mean to sound butthurt, but Indeed this conspiracy BS does grate at me when it is about something I'm personally doing. When it comes to the webcast, the past two years have been genunine work, on and off playa, before, during, and after. No Google, no Illuminati, no nothing but hard working volunteers.

That's all I've got to say about that.

motorbikematt

Postby motorbikematt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Token wrote:
Awwwww, did someone miss their morning yoga?

Please tell us more on how hard it is and all about your personal equipment peril so that we can cry you a river.

Actually, unlike you, I did make my morning Yoga, thanks though. At least all I have to clean up off my keyboard is dust.

I hope you enjoy our shit stream :)

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Thank you Matt!

It's just me and 1 other from what I can see at this moment on the board. I can hear the quiet. Maybe I've broken another record...

Is the Camp Envy Portal going to happen this year? THAT would be awesome!

GadMatt
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Camp Gadzooks... Creative Cognition

Postby GadMatt » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Thank you MBMatt: your gift is awesome. Bro! Don't let the small minds bring you down...just watching the feed is energy and love: Thank Ye... Thank Ye... Thank Ye!

Burners spend millions of hours bringing their gift to the playa . Thank-you for bringing it.

Posted drunk, but, with a lot of respect for what the fuck you are bring us. Please go to the bar and have a glass of something really good on me...
Thanks. Sometimes it's so hard to please the fuckers; when you're doing the best ya can... Thanks for your gift.
Love and Kisses; GadMatt (the other white meat)
Snicker...

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:04 am

We all are Perfectly Imperfect. Why no one has mentioned they're sorry to hear you were injured, MMBMatt is beyond me.

Let us hope this entire thread stands untouched for all to see. :) At the time of this post there are 28 posts in this thread. By my count this is the 29th post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thank you Motorbikematt for your gift to the burn!!!!!!!!

MBMatt, I'm sorry to hear you were injured :cry: here's to a speedy recovery and your "playa worthiness" 8)

`~]^[~` Looking forward to watching the MAN burn and so much more!

Peace

EspressoDude

Postby EspressoDude » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:40 am

darn good video Matt. thanks for all the work. and everyone else, thanks for all the warm snark n crap, just like on the playa or the farm. Time to reach under the bench and grab a bucket of used playa dust that rode home on our camp gear and washed off into a bucket.

sunrise, espresso, and playa dust (and video) .. on the porch at home
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”