Deep playa TV install?? Help!

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
SavanahBlue
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Termination Dust Hole

Deep playa TV install?? Help!

Postby SavanahBlue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:50 am

I haven't been able to find any information about the small TV installation I stumbled upon out in deep playa on Saturday night. Did anyone else find this curious little box, with surprisingly big, and encapsulating sound? It was about 2 ft tall, 14-16in. wide, and 14-16in. deep. I sat in front of that thing watching some fantastic video art. There was an altered piece of plexiglass covering the screen, to protect it I'm sure, but also cause the screen to appear warped, and similar to that of a television from the 1950's. In the bottom right corner of all the videos, I saw one logo: "Black Rock City TV". The only identification I could find about what, or where the material had come from. I've searched online, and through the installs listed on the website, but without any luck.

Who is responsible for this install?? Who made that video art? What kind of speaker was inside projecting such decent sound? Please satisfy my curiosity... This was one of my favorite installs on playa this year. :?:
I hope I'm not the only one here who saw it. Please help!
Thank you!
-SavanahBlue

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Deep playa TV install?? Help!

Postby BBadger » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:48 am

I couldn't find anything matching that description on the 2015 Art Installations list, but maybe you'll be able to identify it if it's there.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

SavanahBlue
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Termination Dust Hole

Re: Deep playa TV install?? Help!

Postby SavanahBlue » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:08 am

BBadger wrote:I couldn't find anything matching that description on the 2015 Art Installations list, but maybe you'll be able to identify it if it's there.

Yeah, I scoured that list too. No luck.

Return to “2015 Camps, Art & Activities”