Free Camping if you drive from Pacific Northwest to BRC!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Free Camping if you drive from Pacific Northwest to BRC!

Post by wedeliver » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Again, as we have for the past 9 years, for 2015 we offer our gift to folks on their way to BRC and returning home. It does not matter how early or late you are driving by and we do not check for tickets or anything. You can come in and get the rest you need, that's what it is all about.

If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest we wish to gift you a place to stay and rest on your way to Black Rock City. We have offered free camping to people going and coming since 2006 and again this year 2015. For those who have never been here, we are located 60 miles south of Klamath Falls, Oregon in California just off California Hwy 139. We are just off a route to Black Rock City that goes through Alturas, California

Here is our gift to you. A place to camp, rest, prep your mutant vehicle and just relax in a safe secure, privately owned, property. In the past years we have closed the RV park to only burners but we have found that people staying here love meeting burners and learning all about Burning Man. We have bathroom facilities, both portapotties and one with showers if you need it. Our water comes from a well that is over 300' deep and the water is great, better then bottled I would think. We can fill a 50 gallon drum in less then 5 minutes and the water is a gift to you. In 2014 there was a little concern about me having enough water because of the drought in Northern California. If the drought continues we might need to limit that amount of water we can give away. We will see. If we do have to limit our water we will have find a source for water as an alternative that is still on the road to BRC.

Early entry folks, Rangers, Med Staff, Fire folks, Theme camps all welcome. Some people like to stay here from Friday and leave to arrive at sunrise on Monday morning. Naturally the same thing goes for on your way home after the event.

In 2011 we stopped counting at 500 people and that was on Sunday afternoon, I figure another couple hundred came after that. A lot of people come in late at night, take a shower get some sleep and head on out again. Other people stay longer as I said above. We kinda leave it to you guys to not make a mess and Burners live up to that request!!

Here is a link to last years thread.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

wedeliver

Re: Free Camping if you drive from Pacific Northwest to BRC!

Post by wedeliver » Mon May 25, 2015 9:56 am

Just a reminder that we are still offering our gift to the Burner Community as we have since 2006. If you are driving from the Pacific Northwest, if you need to rest on your way to Black Rock City, we give you free camping. With love.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

watchyourfeet
Burning Since: 2013

Post by watchyourfeet » Tue May 26, 2015 9:21 am

I was very grateful for this gift last year. In 2013 we camped at a rest area and woke up in the middle of the night to sprinklers hitting our tent so it was nice to have a real place to camp in 2014. We met some really great people there too.

mooserider
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Philly Phreak Show

Post by mooserider » Tue May 26, 2015 11:03 am

Will this be available after BM? I'm coming from the east coast, but want to visit some friends and relatives in Washington state while I'm that far west.

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:26 am

apavlin wrote:Will this be available after BM? I'm coming from the east coast, but want to visit some friends and relatives in Washington state while I'm that far west.
Hi, Sorry for not replying sooner but in answer to your question, YES. The purpose of my gift is that Burners drive safe and get all the rest they need. We have lots, (not kidding) of people falling asleep at the wheel on our lonely stretch of road and usually it ends badly. So please pull in here and get all the rest you need.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:01 am

Hey WeDeliver, will you be on the playa this year?
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

japerry

Post by japerry » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 am

Having a water hookup fairly nearby would be awesome, it saves on resources in transporting it down (water is heavy!) We plan to stop by Monday night, its a nice layover from the Portland area :)

Can you update this thread if there will be water shortages at the camp? I can then plan if we need to fill our water tank fully at home, or if we can do it there.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:18 am

and again, one of the longest term gifts offered via eplaya.
Wedeliver, so generous.
Many, could learn from this. year after year, free offer of rest and help.
Imagine, people thinking this way, in general.

*tip of the hat, and a bow*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

alt12
Burning Since: 2004

Post by alt12 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Thankyou Wedeliver. This will be my first time commuting to BM from the Pacific Northwest. Having done the drive from Reno to Portland this spring, I see that your location is a *perfect* pit stop. Thanks for the gift. I will definitely be dropping by a few days pre-event on my way down BRC. What a kind generous offer. Much gratitude and see you in a few weeks.
Alt

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:36 pm

I just wanted to update the condition of the RV Park and I can report that the grass is very green and we have a handle on the pests this year. Our water situation is not the best but so far my well has not had a problem. If you need a lot of water it would be better if you got it somewhere else this year.
I am going to rent a couple porta potties so the bathrooms don't get to much use.
We, bluewolf and myself are not going to Burning Man this year, but it is looking good for next year, if we can get tickets.

We are looking forward to folks stopping in, going either direction.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

RyGuy

Post by RyGuy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:36 am

Hi wedeliver,

Thanks so much for the generous offer. I'll be passing thru on Wednesday before the burn. Looking forward to seeing you!
Dusty Hugs,

Ryguy

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:24 pm

I look forward to your visit. See you in just a few weeks!

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:48 pm

It is a gift appreciated by many. I have stopped more than once and always appreciate it.

See you all soon,

MDMF
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:33 pm

I'm hoping to make it for an early entry stop over this year. The best shower I ever had in my life was here. Thank You! :D
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

japerry

Post by japerry » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Thanks for your wonderful gift! We're looking forward to stopping by Monday night :)

Drummin Jim
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Drummin Jim » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:45 pm

I enjoyed the great hospitality last year, and look forward to rolling in Saturday evening this year.

This is a wonderful gift to our community... Thanks again!

Jim

sparr

Post by sparr » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:02 pm

We've made it out of BRC and arent sure if we are driving straight to Seattle or making other stops along the way. Would we be welcome in a couple of days?
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:01 am

It's the middle of the night on Tuesday and I just arrived at WeDeliver's place.
The stars in the sky here are AMAZING! I can't remember the last time I ever saw such a sky full. Hell its worth coming just for that. You can barely see any at BRC.
This is a perfect stop for the way home. I was about to put up for the night in the gravel parking lot by the NAPA in Alturas.
I decided to look at the map and realized this was only about 50 miles up the road, right exactly on the way.
This is so much nicer, and I don't feel like I have to sleep with one eye open in case someone tries to steal stuff from my rig.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Return to “2015 Share Resources”