ePlaya NoCostCo 2015

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

ePlaya NoCostCo 2015

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello there! Got something you'd like to gift, re-gift, or share for the low low price of free to another burner? The Share Resources board is the place to do just that. We don't allow commerce, or abandonware posts (it's sitting out at the curb, whoever shows up first gets it), but we do allow (and encourage) you to use the message board to make a connection with someone who's interested in your lovely gift (or gifts). You can ask a recipient to send you a self-addressed stamped envelope or to cover postage, but please keep the nitty gritty details to private message.

And DON'T POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO ON THE PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD!!!! If you do, within a few hours that information will be cached on some public server and available to anyone with a basic understanding of the internet will be able to find your information... Click on the PM button below the person's name on the right side of the post to send them a private message.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Re: ePlaya NoCostCo 2015

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:05 pm

I'll start it off with an offer of stickers. Not just stickers, but Burning Man stickers! My camp has designed and had stickers printed for the last couple years, plus people are kind enough to gift and share an abundance of stickers with me. That, and when I have occasion to go to Burning Man HQ for meetings and whatnot, I try to see if they can spare some stickers from their ever-changing collection... and then periodically share them here. I've got a small pile, and it's a pretty decent assortment, so the first ten or so people who send me a private message with their mailing address info... get stickers! I'll cover the postage. Cheers!

Monkeystyle
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Morning Cock n' Tales

Post by Monkeystyle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:14 pm

I wish I wasn't moving in ten days to a friends couch until we get our apartment in march or I would take you up on that. I love stickers. I will say that if any Manitoba burners get to read this, go check out arts junction down town on William st in Winnipeg. I went in there today and found a ton of free art supplies for costumes. mostly 2 bags of leather scraps. everything is free and up for grabs but they do accept donations and donations of materials.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:00 am

I do love stickers! Great for regifting too.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:46 am

Don't worry about it, Monkeystyle, I'll probably do it again later in the season.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:45 am

This is AWESOME!!

let the community-ism take the place of consumer-ism... 8)
Frida Be You & Me

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks for writing in, folks, I've had enough takers for the stickers I've got.

Dustdevil
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Post by Dustdevil » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 am

The rest of you who want stickers will just have to stop by Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp this year, located within Black Rock Power CO-OP. Should be in the 4:30 neighborhood......
Oh yeah, and frozen margaritas as well.

Jack
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

smiffman

Post by smiffman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Dustdevil wrote:The rest of you who want stickers will just have to stop by Brain Freeze / Got Stickers Camp this year, located within Black Rock Power CO-OP. Should be in the 4:30 neighborhood......
Oh yeah, and frozen margaritas as well.

Jack

Nice, (mental note 4:20 neighborhood), will try to stop by if all goes to plan.....

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Post by DrYes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:28 pm

If any Burners would like a Briggs & Stratton 5500 watt generator (not one of the quiet ones, so you'd want to baffle the shit out of it for the playa) and can come pick it up in Corte Madera (few miles north of the GG bridge), it's yours as a gift. Just be strong enough to lift half of it, cause we'll have to carry that puppy up some stairs to the driveway and it's not light. As far as I know it still works, but I haven't actually fired it up in a couple years and it has no gas in it right now. I just don't need it any more.

PM me if interested and we can arrange a time.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Heads-up to those I was sending stickers to, I was finally able to get them in the mail today. Look for them in the mail soon, and enjoy!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:29 pm

I want to post here, before "general public": if it's not ok, sorry, take it down.
free project:
I have a '72 Mercedes 220D 4 spd stick shift. black. classic style.
engine got toasted and it's been sitting.
but the body is good, paint decent, interior is original and shows age.
good project if someone wants to convert to a 240 engine, or, find another 220 engine (same block, different oil filter mount, which takes work to convert).
everything worked when I parked it, several years ago.
free, to anyone who wants it.
the photos are of when it was up and running......been sitting since, so dirt and duse and prolly spiders/critters. It could still be a nice car, for a tinkerer.

also an 85 Yamaha Virago.......been sitting 10 years. ran when parked, carbs are pissed off now though.
no photos yet, dusty, but all there and clean (under the dust).
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

delle

Post by delle » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:26 am

ygmir wrote:...all there and clean (under the dust).
Story of my life. :roll:

Yes, it's dusting day. Anyone want some slightly foreign dust?
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

Bodmin
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Point V

Post by Bodmin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:32 pm

also an 85 Yamaha Virago.......been sitting 10 years. ran when parked, carbs are pissed off now though.
no photos yet, dusty, but all there and clean (under the dust).[/quote]

What size engine is the Virago? My first street bike was an '83 500. It was a great bike, I drove it from Bend Oregon across canada down to minnesota and back.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Do you long for more seating at your camp? Would you like to give a class or perform your art but you're worried about where people will light? I'm in Martinez California. 30 miles east of SF and 10 miles north of Walnut Creek.

The blue soccer bench seats 6 and weighs 21 pounds. It can NOT be used to lie down on. (Very uncomfortable if you try.) It is an 'Insta Bench'.

The black one seats 3 and weighs 11 pounds. Don't try napping on this one either. It's a 'North Pole' outdoors without borders.

I can't deliver but if you PM me I'll hold it for a week or two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:49 pm

Bodmin wrote:also an 85 Yamaha Virago.......been sitting 10 years. ran when parked, carbs are pissed off now though.
What size engine is the Virago? My first street bike was an '83 500. It was a great bike, I drove it from Bend Oregon across canada down to minnesota and back.[/quote]

I believer it's a 750? I'd have to look again.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:11 am

Well, Now that you've got your ticket maybe one of these bench seats are just what you need. I'll keep them one more week then it's "To the curb with you."

Joeln
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by Joeln » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:23 am

Got some very nice stickers in the mail yesterday - Thanks Trilo!
trilobyte wrote:I'll start it off with an offer of stickers. Not just stickers, but Burning Man stickers! My camp has designed and had stickers printed for the last couple years, plus people are kind enough to gift and share an abundance of stickers with me. That, and when I have occasion to go to Burning Man HQ for meetings and whatnot, I try to see if they can spare some stickers from their ever-changing collection... and then periodically share them here. I've got a small pile, and it's a pretty decent assortment, so the first ten or so people who send me a private message with their mailing address info... get stickers! I'll cover the postage. Cheers!
Collapse first and avoid the rush

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 pm

The benches are taken. I'm glad they went to a burner.

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Post by JayBobBoy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:29 am

Good, I am glad they found a good home!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Joeln wrote:Got some very nice stickers in the mail yesterday - Thanks Trilo!
trilobyte wrote:I'll start it off with an offer of stickers. Not just stickers, but Burning Man stickers! My camp has designed and had stickers printed for the last couple years, plus people are kind enough to gift and share an abundance of stickers with me. That, and when I have occasion to go to Burning Man HQ for meetings and whatnot, I try to see if they can spare some stickers from their ever-changing collection... and then periodically share them here. I've got a small pile, and it's a pretty decent assortment, so the first ten or so people who send me a private message with their mailing address info... get stickers! I'll cover the postage. Cheers!
I got mine weeks ago. Thank you, Trilo. Very kind.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

smiffman

Post by smiffman » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:23 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
Joeln wrote:Got some very nice stickers in the mail yesterday - Thanks Trilo!
I got mine weeks ago. Thank you, Trilo. Very kind.

Word, thanks again.

smilemore

Post by smilemore » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:16 pm

ygmir wrote:I want to post here, before "general public": if it's not ok, sorry, take it down.
free project:
good project if someone wants to convert to a 240 engine, or, find another 220 engine (same block, different oil filter mount, which takes work to convert).
the photos are of when it was up and running......been sitting since, so dirt and duse and prolly spiders/critters. It could still be a nice car, for a tinkerer.

Wow that is beautiful! It is exactly what I've been imagining myself in recently ... I have found that, while I love speed and my current car gives me plenty of it, I am thinking that perhaps it's time to switch to more of a cruiser ... in no big hurry sort of thing and this would fit the bill. Too bad I'm in Ontario! Very generous of you ...

Cheers
I'm fucked. I've caught the dusty virus ... and I want to spread it around.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm

smilemore wrote:
ygmir wrote:I want to post here, before "general public": if it's not ok, sorry, take it down.
free project:

Wow that is beautiful! It is exactly what I've been imagining myself in recently ... I have found that, while I love speed and my current car gives me plenty of it, I am thinking that perhaps it's time to switch to more of a cruiser ... in no big hurry sort of thing and this would fit the bill. Too bad I'm in Ontario! Very generous of you ...

Cheers
well, the offer stands........and no, it is not that clean, but could again be.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “2015 Share Resources”