Share an RV with me!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
ChantelC
Burning Since: 2015

Share an RV with me!

Post by ChantelC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Greetings lovely people! My friend Imogen and I have an RV traveling from San Francisco and back, from 28 August. We are looking for 2-3 willing and hearty companions to join us. We would split the fee evenly. We just got this offer and have to pay within a week. If anyone's up for joining us, please email us on ccwhatworks@gmail.com (or reply directly) with some deets about you and what you'll be bringing to the Playa. Love and light!

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Re: Share an RV with me!

Post by dragonpilot » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Careful what you ask for. Do a search regarding RV horror stories at Burning Man. When the match-up is good, it's wonderful...when it's bad, it RUINS your Burn. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, you just need to know sharing an RV with random strangers is not all peaches and cream. Hell, it's bad enough even when you know the people you're traveling with.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello and welcome to ePlaya! It's worth pointing out that the Burning Man gates do not open until Sunday August 30 at 10AM. You might want to specify if you are looking to spend the time between pickup and entry in SF, Reno, someplace else, or are flexible. You may also want to add in your return date (whether you plan to leave early, stay late, are flexible, etc). Good luck in finding a vehicle share connection!

ChantelC
Burning Since: 2015

Post by ChantelC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Please only reply if interested in the set up! Unsolicited advice is appreciatedyet unsolicited. Thanks!

Admiral Fukkit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Post by Admiral Fukkit » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Oh man, I'd recommend making sure the people you hook up with know how to use an RV. Otherwise your guests will use up your water supply in short order and fill up your waste tank too.

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Yeah - what they said. My mate had a sparkleponie sign on. The tuesday morning after showing up on monday night the Pony used the entire potable water tank in one shower. Not very happy campers...

You must be new to eplaya btw.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Obviously
ChantelC wrote:Please only reply if interested in the set up! Unsolicited advice is appreciatedyet unsolicited. Thanks!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

[jim]
Burning Since: 2009

Post by [jim] » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:13 pm

mdmf007 wrote:Yeah - what they said. My mate had a sparkleponie sign on. The tuesday morning after showing up on monday night the Pony used the entire potable water tank in one shower. Not very happy campers...
not really a problem anymore... just flag down a water truck and a honey wagon, pay the bill, and yer done (for one more sparkleponie shower).

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Arranging water out there like this will only cost you about $5 per gallon, have fun paying the piper...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Jackass said it well. IF you can find a truck, he will be crushed already with a list of orders, 4 pages deep - single spaced.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Jackass wrote:Arranging water out there like this will only cost you about $5 per gallon, have fun paying the piper...
Pre-arranged it's only $1.00 per gallon. If you don't have your own 500 gallon tank, that's an extra $550. They come by every other day to check if you need topping off.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “2015 Share Resources”