Anyone offering a ride from Reno to BRC?!?!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
NeTa***
Burning Since: 2012

Anyone offering a ride from Reno to BRC?!?!

Postby NeTa*** » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Fellow burners,
my people are all on early arrival tickets, so I gotta make my way from Reno to BRC solo.
Anyone of you out there still has space in their car/RV? My bike and water are going with friends, so it's only me and my luggage.
I'm in for duties like gas share, entertainment or last minute costume designs.....and you would have my endless gratitude!
Keeping my fingers crossed. :lol:
Love,
Lala*

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Anyone offering a ride from Reno to BRC?!?!

Postby Savannah » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:57 pm

If you can just get to the Reno Airport, your chances are good.
http://burningman.org/event/preparation ... o-airport/

You might also find someone here:
http://rideshare.burningman.org

You could also check on Germany/Europe mailing lists and see if anyone somewhat local to you has a rental and will let you pay gas:
http://regionals.burningman.org

Good luck! Be safe. :)
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

MailManNC
Burning Since: 2011

Postby MailManNC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:37 pm

I hitched out from Reno a few years back. There's a free shuttle that picks up at the airport and runs to the Grand Sierra, which is right across the street from Wal-Mart. Just walk across the street, go into Wal-Mart, and start talking to the usual suspects. You'll be playa bound within the hour.

NeTa***
Burning Since: 2012

Postby NeTa*** » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:01 pm

Savannah ana MailMan, thanks for your insights! !! No rose found yet....seems like I'm not the only one looking ;) If anyone knows of someone, pleeeeaaaase let me know. ...otherwise I guess I'll try the Walmart option tomorrow....ayayay

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Because it's already been explained to you.
There's a moderator with over 10,000 posts recommending you go to the airport rideshare. There's many reasons. Take that advice.

Here's one: the bulk of Burners with spare space (and often that space is confirmed only AFTER they've packed all their stuff to go), swing by the Rideshare locations in Reno to offer rides to BRC.
Airport is the best location.
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Return to “2015 Share Resources”