Transport help needed from Reno to the BRC!!!!!

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
sdooney1
Burning Since: 2015

Transport help needed from Reno to the BRC!!!!!

Post by sdooney1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi fellow burners,
I'm looking for a little help with getting from Reno to the playa. I have been backpacking for the last 6 months in South America and was due to meet some friends in Reno and enjoy the burning man experience for the first time. Unfortunately my friends pulled out at the last minute. They were due to organise transport logistics and equipment. Now this means I have no transport to the playa and the burner express has stopped taking bookings. I've signed up to ride share but no response to date. I don't fly into Reno until the 28th where I will need to gather most of my supplies/equiptment. I actually considering selling my ticket at the minute, something I never thought would enter my mind. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Sdooney1

Canoe

Re: Transport help needed from Reno to the BRC!!!!!

Post by Canoe » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:47 pm

Dude, do some f'n research!
Really!
You've been backpacking SA for six months and you can't search and find all of the threads on the details of how to do this?

There's a rideshare location at the airport. Fly in and wait there for a ride. Helps if you can contribute for gas.
If you don't want to depend on getting a rideshare that is stopping for supplies, particularly if you need equipment, then bus or taxi to stores. Keystone location of Savemart is an example, lots of Burner friendly supplies. Tons of Burner friendly stores in Reno.
If you're finishing up at Keystone, see if there's a rideshare there or get your butt back to the airport.

google eplaya for threads
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

sdooney1
Burning Since: 2015

Post by sdooney1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:39 am

Hi Canoe,
Appreciate the advice, it puts me at ease a little. By he way I've been in the amazon for about 4 of the 6 months I was in South America which means very very limited access to wifi. I had no major reason to research all this threads as my situation did not require them. This has just happened in the last 2 days. Anyway, thank you for the tips they should help me out with my prep. This time next week it will all be worth it.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:03 am

Moved to Share Resources, as that is a better fit.

NikkiG
Burning Since: 2013

Post by NikkiG » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:32 pm

You MIGHT be able to buy a last min ticket on the Burner Express in person if space permits. BUT you have to be ready to go with the correct amount of luggage. I would get to Reno Airport around 9am and ask. Asking doesn't hurt. The worst they can say is no. Plus Ive seen plenty of people looking for others to share their ride and help with their gas bills in the past.
Burner Express FAQ............
"Q. Can I purchase a last minute ticket to BRC if I show up at the bus?

A. We may have a limited number of walk up tickets available. You will need to have your Burning Man ticket in hand to purchase a walk-up ticket. However, if the program sells out before the event, we will not offer walk up sales."
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain

Return to “2015 Share Resources”