Rideshare City Search broken? [Also, SF->BRC ride request.]

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
follower
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Organization

Rideshare City Search broken? [Also, SF->BRC ride request.]

Postby follower » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi,

It seems like the "city search" function for https://rideshare.burningman.org/event/burning-man-2015 is broken.

This is definitely a pain when you're looking for a ride but you can always page through the results. But for creating an offer/request, the failure to find the city seems to prevent moving on from the first step.

A friend confirmed the issue on their machine. It appears to be an issue with the underlying city search API. (e.g. any search returns a (possibly malformed) empty result: https://rideshare.burningman.org/api/au ... +Francisco)

I guess it's possible to hack up the JavaScript to ignore the check for a valid city but that's hardly ideal. ;)

I did send a help message yesterday but got the response that the tech team has headed to the Playa...

My request: 1 New Zealander would like to travel from San Francisco, Saturday August 29th, via Reno arrive BRC Sunday. Have vehicle pass. Happy to contribute to costs.

Thanks!

--Philip;

Dnarmstrong
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Rideshare City Search broken? [Also, SF->BRC ride reques

Postby Dnarmstrong » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Philip have you got return plans? I'm also looking for a ride share and couldn't get the site working due to the city death. Need to get from BRC to SFO on Sunday

follower
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Organization

Re: Rideshare City Search broken? [Also, SF->BRC ride reques

Postby follower » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Can't help you with that, sorry. I'm not going directly back to SF.

Hope you manage to sort something out.

FWIW: I've ended up catching Amtrak to Reno--it is *so* much more pleasant than traveling by car (pretty scenery and connectivity too :) ). Might be an option for part of your return?

Return to “2015 Share Resources”