Can someone drive my RV down from Gerlach to Bay Area?

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can tell people here.
nauman123
Burning Since: 2013

Can someone drive my RV down from Gerlach to Bay Area?

Postby nauman123 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Dear DPW workers and/or any burners still in the BRC/Gerlach areas:

My RV is currently parked and stored at the Gerlach Shell Station (on Rt. 447) in Gerlach, NV. It's a long-ish story (the original driver decided to join another RV group) but I ended up coming back from the 2015 burn in another RV with friends and had to leave this one in Gerlach.

I'm looking for help from someone willing to pick it up there and drive it down. I'm based in Palo Alto. You can haul your stuff in it if you like. Just need it driven down from Gerlach to the Bay Area. I am not charging anything for the use of my RV (you'd only pay for gas and if that is an issue, we can discuss some sharing).

The belts squeak a bit, but only upon starting; the engine runs just fine [Update: having all 6 engine belts replaced at Gerlach Shell as we speak, since it's just sitting there, y'know]. I had it checked by an RV mechanic in Santa Rosa, CA last month to be sure. It's 26 feet in length (so it helps a lot if you've driven an RV before and/or are confident of being able to do so) and hauls ass on a Ford E350 chassis and a Ford 460-V8 engine with a 4 barrel carburetor.

If anyone is up for this, please do contact me! I can really use your help!

Many thanks for reading,
Nauman
(650) 743-3113 (feel free to text)

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Can someone drive my RV down from Gerlach to Bay Area?

Postby AntiM » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:14 am

Mod note, moved to Share Resources as this is a better fit than the general discussion Transportation forum.

Return to “2015 Share Resources”