2015 Map and Street Names

Carnival Of Mirrors asks three essential questions: within our media-saturated world, where products and people, consumption and communion morph into an endlessly diverting spectacle, who is the trickster, who is being tricked, and how might we discover who we really are?
Dr Dilemma
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Paradise Motel

Re: 2015 Map and Street Names

Postby Dr Dilemma » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 am

tamarakay wrote:Our sub camp of MDF's village had a courtyard area in the center of our space. We purposefully planned that space to be open and used it on dye day for drying space and to use in the evenings with a fire ring and also our burn barrel clearance. I had to chase off several people from setting up in there. Only one got nasty about it. We also had a ten foot set back from the road all around the village (which was brilliant, allowed for visitor's bike parking, and assorted shenanigans). We had a couple people try to set up camp there too. One said he would log a complaint about me to BM for space abuse or something. I told him to add mooning to the charge and promptly showed him my ass. That earned me a cold beverage and a hug so we did part friends.

The rule of unclaimed versus claimed is not understood by very many people.

I've found you have to be careful about leaving open space. Our camp likes to leave open space out front to leave room for people to park their bikes when they come for snowcones, else they park in the street and rangers get cranky with you. More than once, though, we would wake up in the morning and people would have parked and set up tents in the open area in the front of the camp and it wasn't cute having to argue with them to move. To anyone with the brains that God gave a sea cucumber it would have been obvious that there was a camp there... but you know weekenders! I solved this problem by putting up a line of flags, strategically close enough together that you can't drive a car through them, across the front of the camp. I use 4' long rebar driven 2' into the ground with 1" PVC pipes inserted over them with pretty pink flags. Small flags on the ground didn't work, people would drive over them.

If that doesn't work, try land mines.
11119328_10204543418049078_4363045005604899459_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

warrius

Postby warrius » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 pm

hi

does anyone know precisely where the porta-potties will be located?

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm

wow.....first post in almost a decade, and no "Hi How Are Ya",

just "where do i shit"?
Frida Be You & Me

warrius

Postby warrius » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:33 pm

[quote="Simon of the Playa"]wow.....first post, no "Hi How Are Ya",

just "where do i shit"?[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA. ok ok -- hi, how are you? where do I s....?

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Postby Bless » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:wow.....first post in almost a decade, and no "Hi How Are Ya",

just "where do i shit"?

Shitting is important... as are manners.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Return to “2015 Theme”