Livin on C-Street

Carnival Of Mirrors asks three essential questions: within our media-saturated world, where products and people, consumption and communion morph into an endlessly diverting spectacle, who is the trickster, who is being tricked, and how might we discover who we really are?
asr9754

Livin on C-Street

Postby asr9754 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am

What's C-street like? My camp has been moved-on-up to the east side, Carny at 2:45.
It's our first time this close and some campmates are excited but anxious about the new spot. I've told them to buckle up, but some concrete tips might be good too. Thoughts or ideas about this hood?

(PS we are now thinking of having a C-U-Next-Tuesday block party where we and our neighbors have a group happy hour, Tuesday on C street. Interested PM me).

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Livin on C-Street

Postby ygmir » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:32 am

it would seem Grasshopper, you ask a question for which there is no clear answer. Not knowing who will camp, the surface the weather, and infinite variables of every year, let alone every street, I don't see how anyone can know?

or, maybe I'm just dull...............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Postby Token » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 am

There will be taller shit pyramids in the JOTS.

asr9754

Postby asr9754 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am

Yes of course, it'll be speculation, but generally folks might have a rough idea of what the mood in the different zones is like. We're not lookin' for the actual condition of the surface of the street, just some thoughts on how busy/loud or otherwise the area might be. And now that camps are hearing about their placement, there might be some details about our neighbors and what they're up to, or some projects we could collaborate on. Thanks for the reply tho. Stop by for champagne!

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:23 pm

You're at 2:45, it will be loud. Not as bad as the other side of 2:30, but it's still really close to the Big Sound Camps, so prepare yourself for that if you're a light sleeper.

That side also tends to be much dustier - one year Fandango was placed pretty close to that and it was almost impossible to visit them because it was so hard biking through the dunes on the streets, so you might have less of a crowd (this was 2012 - I think). That said, it could be concrete over there & bikings a breeze, that's something we won't know until we get there. I know you didn't want to hear about the streets, but that is going to dramatically effect how much traffic you get.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:24 pm

I was at about 2:50 & C in 2013 and it didn't seem particularly loud. I expected to be boomed out by the sound camps but I didn't really notice them.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Postby mudpuppy000 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:39 pm

It depends more on what part of the block you're on and what radial. We've been on 4:15 and B (desolate) 8:00 and B (pretty lively) and 7:30 and B (busy from what I heard)

2:45 and C could be surprisingly quiet, but you never know till you get there. :)

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 pm

it's going to suck

and i would embrace the suck, if i were you...
Frida Be You & Me

fernley1
Burning Since: 2013

Postby fernley1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:10 am

Our camp was at 2:45 and C last year. It was noisy at night, but earplugs took care of that. The street at first was real dusty and loose, but for a few days after the rain storm it was good. There was some blowing dust when windy, but not to bad. The best part was that I could see when the ice line was short and didn't have to stand in line for ice. Oh, and last year at least, lots of camps were gifting food, I never went hungry on C.

Return to “2015 Theme”