Who got tickets in the Individual Sale?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
AlexMN1984

Re: Who got tickets in the Individual Sale?

Post by AlexMN1984 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:58 pm

It would be interesting to know the latest time that someone was able to click the button and successfully purchase tickets.

pretty_monster
Burning Since: 2010

Post by pretty_monster » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:59 pm

forrest Gump wrote:I want to go to burning man
[media]
perfection! my partner told me to "say hi to sheila" if i see her. god, i hope i do.
1) radical self reliance
2) piss clear
3) safety third
4) leave no trace

playalynn
Burning Since: 2014

Post by playalynn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Anyone else feel that continuing to read this is like picking at a scab? Ow.

jimco125

Post by jimco125 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:00 pm

PaulM wrote:Got to the front of the line! The only ticket option is $40 donation. OK, so I'm not going, I can at least support Burning Man. But then Ticketfly requires paying for a delivery method for a donation. Say what???
I'm beginning to think they're taking advantage of us and our wallets.

Who's up for Robot Heart in Vegas?

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:01 pm

The button showed up on my page about 10 or 12 seconds late. (According to the world clock). That's why I got no ticket. I'm not totally crushed. There are still sales and eplaya friends and unexpected surprises. I'll see you in the dust.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Sundial
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Post by Sundial » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:06 pm

I clicked the button the second it appeared at noon. Got put in the queue with an estimated wait time of 20 minutes or so. Then it jumped to over an hour. Then it said the queue had been paused. Then it got below an hour, started jumping down in increments greater than one minute per minute, got down to 16, jumped back up to over an hour, jumped back down to 40 something, eventually went down until it was my turn. Then I waited maybe five minutes before I got redirected to the ticket page. Plugged in my promo code (thought I already did that?). It was only offering me a quantity selection for the donation item and saying the other two were sold out. Hit the green buy tickets button anyway. Back to the queue, front of the line. Then back to the ticket page again where it said all available tickets were currently in other people's baskets. Hit green button again. Actually got an option to select a quantity for the individual ticket. Selected 1 and hit buy again. Back to ticket page saying all tickets are in other peoples' baskets. Clicked green button again. Quantity available again. Hit green button. Finally got through! Ticket secured.

Man. What a ride. I need a drink. @_@;
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."

stephen2u
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: No

Post by stephen2u » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:07 pm

I think they should go back to the lottery, i was on at 12:00.3 and no tickets no pass, and now they are for sale for 1k online.
If burning man really what’s to fix itself just put a name on the ticket of the buyer, and checked at the gate, so no scalping on tickets, if you can’t make it return to ticketfly for full refund, then the ticket is resold at face value.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:08 pm

@playalynn, that has been a part of the process for ticket onsales for many years. Long before the sellout there was wailing and gnashing of teeth as lower ticket tiers sold out (and server hell dragged the ticket buying process into an all-day event), and after 2011 it's just been a numbers game. Demand is greater than supply, and so some of those who are hoping to get tickets aren't able to do so. 2012 was the worst year (demand was roughly triple), and this year the runner up (demand for the Individual Sale was roughly double the supply).

I'm leaving this thread open and encouraging those who were successful to post about their excitement and (if they care to share) talk about their playa plans. Once we stop seeing new posts from people who got tickets, we'll lock this thread up (as we did with the Directed Group Sale).

More info about the sellout can be found here.

WeezerMike
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AIOXOIA/Dojo/Rhino Redemption

Post by WeezerMike » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:08 pm

jayceeco wrote:There are 400 tickets for sale already on Stubhub for $1000 each. Vehicle passes for $400. $1800 profit for being able to get in in the first few seconds.
I know it's sort of annoying big-brother style garbage, but I would really be in favor of nontransferable tickets for the main sale--or at least for a major portion of the sale. ID checks at the gate would suck, so maybe this is a horrible idea, but it would be nice if the people buying the tickets had to be at the gate.

burn_shady
Burning Since: 2013

Post by burn_shady » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:09 pm

yeah.... sooo..... If anyone has an extra ticket or two or a vehicle pass to sell... PLEASE INBOX ME!

That is all... Carry on

pacerpilot
Burning Since: 2018

Post by pacerpilot » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:09 pm

I did not click prior to 12:00. Calibrated my watch with several sources prior to trying.

Steve

Hansaplast
Burning Since: 2015

Post by Hansaplast » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Was already cheering until I somehow got kicked out when I entered my Kredit-Card details :cry:
Hoping for STEP or OMG

fetishk

Post by fetishk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Got a question on vehicle passes.

If you purchased only 1 vehicle pass during the pre-sale (maximum 3 vehicle passes per person), are you able to go back to purchase the remaining 2?
carpe diem.

playalynn

Post by playalynn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks trilobyte! Grats to all those who received tickets today.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Vehicle passes have sold out. For ticket support questions CONTACT THE TICKET TEAM using ticketsupport@burningman.com

fetishk

Post by fetishk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:27 pm

trilobyte wrote:Vehicle passes have sold out. For ticket support questions CONTACT THE TICKET TEAM using ticketsupport@burningman.com
Not if you still have the pre-sale link and code. Vehicle passes still available there.

Would love to help some fellow burners out.
carpe diem.

spacetime

Post by spacetime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Congrats to people who magically got the tickets.

No one in my small group got tickets. Four different attempts all clicked green button as soon as possible at noon.

I will consider STEP but registering last year did nothing for me. OMG did work, so I will try that again. I'll look to the community also.

It does feel like this everyone click at the right time thing is sort of hype-y and unnecessary. I feel like a ticket lottery would have accomplished a similar objective, and would have saved people time.

delle

Post by delle » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Schtev wrote:I clicked the button the second it appeared at noon. Got put in the queue with an estimated wait time of 20 minutes or so. Then it jumped to over an hour. Then it said the queue had been paused. Then it got below an hour, started jumping down in increments greater than one minute per minute, got down to 16, jumped back up to over an hour, jumped back down to 40 something, eventually went down until it was my turn. Then I waited maybe five minutes before I got redirected to the ticket page. Plugged in my promo code (thought I already did that?). It was only offering me a quantity selection for the donation item and saying the other two were sold out. Hit the green buy tickets button anyway. Back to the queue, front of the line. Then back to the ticket page again where it said all available tickets were currently in other people's baskets. Hit green button again. Actually got an option to select a quantity for the individual ticket. Selected 1 and hit buy again. Back to ticket page saying all tickets are in other peoples' baskets. Clicked green button again. Quantity available again. Hit green button. Finally got through! Ticket secured.

Man. What a ride. I need a drink. @_@;

YAY!!! So shall we expect you at camp "BlahBlah Schtev", then? 8)
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

LionsNzebras

Post by LionsNzebras » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:30 pm

fetishk wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Vehicle passes have sold out. For ticket support questions CONTACT THE TICKET TEAM using ticketsupport@burningman.com
Not if you still have the pre-sale link and code. Vehicle passes still available there.

I still have my presales link and it does not work for this.
This is a "Couple" profile shared by me and my wife. (lion\Zebra) Lion posts, zebra reads.

fetishk

Post by fetishk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:33 pm

LionsNzebras wrote:
fetishk wrote:

I still have my presales link and it does not work for this.
Does not work meaning? If the individual sales vehicle passes are sold out, does it mean the presale too?
carpe diem.

LionsNzebras

Post by LionsNzebras » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Let me post a screenshot give me a second.
This is a "Couple" profile shared by me and my wife. (lion\Zebra) Lion posts, zebra reads.

stephen2u
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: No

Post by stephen2u » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:35 pm

So actually they must have sold out in seconds I got in the quarry at 12:00.3 and at 12:53 1:53 my time they were sold out.wow
If burning man really what’s to fix itself just put a name on the ticket of the buyer, and checked at the gate, so no scalping on tickets, if you can’t make it return to ticketfly for full refund, then the ticket is resold at face value.

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:35 pm

AlexMN1984 wrote:Sounds like you have html turned off in your email client. Some clients do that by default.
tatonka wrote:Once the sale begins at 12pm (noon) PST* on Wednesday, February 18, click this link to enter the sale: http://tickets.burningman.org/purchase/ ... o=5LBA98T2
You can also enter the sale from a button at the top of the ticket page

This here was on my e-mail it says click this link , it never lighted up and ended up going to ticket page a few sec late. It should have said copy and paste this to your browser . Dam this shit .

Will try Step again this year.
Thanks , do you know how to turn it on , im on yahoo.com and cant find anything in the settings
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

LionsNzebras

Post by LionsNzebras » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:36 pm

This is what I get when I click on my presales link. This is to the comment that there were vehicle passes left in the pre-sales queue.
Closed.jpg
So unless there is another way to get in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spacetime

Post by spacetime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Btw, I tried to use this hack to get to the front but it did not work.

fetishk

Post by fetishk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm

LionsNzebras wrote:This is what I get when I click on my presales link.
Closed.jpg
So unless there is another way to get in.

This is very very strange. Look at mine! I just added this. (It's 6:38 AM here in Singapore lol)
bm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carpe diem.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:41 pm

trilobyte wrote: 2012 was the worst year (demand was roughly triple), and this year the runner up (demand for the Individual Sale was roughly double the supply).
Is that based on Burner Profile registration or on today's server hit numbers?

jetdaisy

Post by jetdaisy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

I know I was in line before one of my friends, yet she got her ticket in under 15 mins. I still had a 45 min wait when we were offically notified that tickets were sold out. WTF? I guess it has something to do with our connections?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Magic?

jetdaisy

Post by jetdaisy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Or bad luck on my end!

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”