OMG Sale Strategies

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Heisenberg
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Playa Pinguino

OMG Sale Strategies

Post by Heisenberg » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:12 pm

I need a ticket plus vehicle pass. I'm guessing the combo will be harder to get than just a vehicle pass in OMG sale. My question is: By going for the ticket plus pass, will that screw me for getting just a pass if I don't get a ticket? Can you register separately for the items? Would it be smarter to go for just the pass, assuming that I will eventually find an aftermarket ticket? Any informed thoughts?

MrBeardy
Burning Since: 2011

Re: OMG Sale Strategies

Post by MrBeardy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm

During the main sale you just registered for the sale, then once once the time to buy came along, you picked what you needed up to the alloted amount. I believe the same is the case with the OMG sale. Good luck!

Ano
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Post by Ano » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:22 pm

I wouldn't count on a healthy aftermarket this year, unless you are networked and connected to a lively local community. You don't have your location listed, but... even in a healthy community, ticketing is kind of dire at the moment. I know more than a few "good" Burners who are heavily active who can't seem to locate their golden ticket.

Do your best, try for the ticket, be honest, and hopefully it'll work out. If it works like it did last year, it'll let you know on the purchase page what is sold out and what is not.

tamarakay
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:31 pm

They aren't separate transactions. You get a choice of whatever is still available when you are in.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Various
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Various Delights

Post by Various » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:03 am

OMG is limited to people who didn't buy tickets during the Directed Group or Individual sales, right?

MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:27 am

Various wrote:OMG is limited to people who didn't buy tickets during the Directed Group or Individual sales, right?

Correct, with the exception of those that bought a ticket but were unable to purchase a VP. Those that didnt get a vehicle pass get the chance to purchase on in this sale.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:57 am

Various wrote:OMG is limited to people who didn't buy tickets during the Directed Group or Individual sales, right?
Tickets in the OMG are only for people who have not gotten a ticket in another sale.

ANYONE - with or without a ticket - can register to get a Vehicle Pass.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

BeeWeeDee
Burning Since: 2012

Post by BeeWeeDee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Eric wrote:
Tickets in the OMG are only for people who have not gotten a ticket in another sale.

I believe someone with a "pre-sale" ticket can enter into the OMG sale.
The next morning you will wake up pretty much your old self except that a very unusual 16 hours will have been added to your store of life experience.

remi

Post by remi » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:30 pm

BeeWeeDee wrote:
Eric wrote:

I believe someone with a "pre-sale" ticket can enter into the OMG sale.

If this is indeed true, that would be stupid beyond belief.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:57 pm

remi wrote: I believe someone with a "pre-sale" ticket can enter into the OMG sale.

If this is indeed true, that would be stupid beyond belief.
This appears to be true...yikes, here come the pitchforks!:

•1000 tickets at $390 each, and 1250 vehicle passes available at $50 each, plus applicable fees.
•You can buy a maximum of two (2) tickets and one (1) vehicle pass.
•You can only register to buy tickets in the OMG Sale if you have not previously bought tickets through either the Directed Group Sale, the Individual Sale, or STEP.

Although the FAQ states:
If you have already purchased tickets in one of the previous sales, you are not eligible to purchase tickets in the OMG sale. For those who have not purchased a vehicle pass from us yet, there will be an option to register to purchase just a vehicle pass in our OMG sale later this summer— so if you got tickets but didn’t get a vehicle pass in the Individual Sale, or Directed Group Sale you’ll be able to register for your chance to purchase one in the OMG Sale.

I am assuming it is any sale where you got tickets makes you unable to get them again in the OMG. If presales can get them the BMorg would have some unhappy campers.

Melonblue
Burning Since: 2015

Post by Melonblue » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:26 pm

https://ticketsupport.burningman.com/cu ... -pre-sale-

Can I purchase tickets from an additional sale if I purchase in the Pre-sale?

Yes, you can purchase tickets in the Directed Group Sale (if part of an invited project), the Individual Sale, or the OMG sale. Once you have purchased tickets from one of the other sales, you're ineligible to purchase in any future sales.

MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Melonblue wrote:https://ticketsupport.burningman.com/cu ... -pre-sale-

Can I purchase tickets from an additional sale if I purchase in the Pre-sale?

Yes, you can purchase tickets in the Directed Group Sale (if part of an invited project), the Individual Sale, or the OMG sale. Once you have purchased tickets from one of the other sales, you're ineligible to purchase in any future sales.
Welp, I stand corrected. I forsee a great increase in people buying presales next year, then selling them off once they secure a cheaper ticket in the other sales as many are doing already..but maybe they will address this issue after this year.

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Post by Just_Joe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:06 pm

Eric wrote: ANYONE - with or without a ticket - can register to get a Vehicle Pass.
MrBeardy wrote: Although the FAQ states:
.......there will be an option to register to purchase just a vehicle pass in our OMG sale later this summer— so if you got tickets but didn’t get a vehicle pass in the Individual Sale, or Directed Group Sale you’ll be able to register for your chance to purchase one in the OMG Sale.
It looks like purchasing a ticket in one of the sales through your burner profile is a prerequisite to registering for a VP in the OMG.
Someone who was gifted a ticket or obtained it through other means won't be eligible.

Just_Joe

Post by Just_Joe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Just_Joe wrote:
Eric wrote: ANYONE - with or without a ticket - can register to get a Vehicle Pass.
.......there will be an option to register to purchase just a vehicle pass in our OMG sale later this summer— so if you got tickets but didn’t get a vehicle pass in the Individual Sale, or Directed Group Sale you’ll be able to register for your chance to purchase one in the OMG Sale.
Is having purchased a ticket in one of the sales through your burner profile is a prerequisite to registering for a VP in the OMG?
If so, someone who was gifted a ticket or obtained it through other means won't be eligible.

islandkat
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Storytelling Camp

Post by islandkat » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Just_Joe wrote:
Just_Joe wrote:
Is having purchased a ticket in one of the sales through your burner profile is a prerequisite to registering for a VP in the OMG?
If so, someone who was gifted a ticket or obtained it through other means won't be eligible.

Is this true? Has anyone confirmed with Ticket Support? If we did not secure a ticket (get lucky) in the main sale, we cannot just buy a vehicle pass? We need to try to buy a ticket too along with the vehicle pass?

If so this throws things even more off balance for people looking for a ticket. I do not mind having to buy (and then sell, if successful) a ticket with the VP in the OMG sale, but I would feel bad for those trying for just a ticket, since we've finally been lucky enough to find tickets in the after market.

Does anyone know for certain?

islandkat
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Storytelling Camp

Post by islandkat » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 am

islandkat wrote: Is this true? Has anyone confirmed with Ticket Support? If we did not secure a ticket (get lucky) in the main sale, we cannot just buy a vehicle pass (in the OMG Sale)? We need to try to buy a ticket too along with the vehicle pass?
I have written Ticket Support with this question. Hopefully they will respond soon and are timely this week. I'll post their response when I get it.

Just_Joe

Post by Just_Joe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:13 pm

There is a VP only link on your profile page that gets you registered. They ask how you got your ticket and selecting "other" still seems to register you for a chance at purcchasing an omg vehicle pass. Yay.

fob63
Camp Name: 2018 Comfort and Joy

Post by fob63 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:39 am

Question - virgin here. If I had previously purchased a ticket, now need a vehicle pass - when I went today to register for OMG - it would not accept me.

Am I out of luck here? Thank you.
Do no harm. Live, laugh and love.

MrBeardy

Post by MrBeardy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:19 am

fob63 wrote:Question - virgin here. If I had previously purchased a ticket, now need a vehicle pass - when I went today to register for OMG - it would not accept me.

Am I out of luck here? Thank you.
There is a special link above the regular OMG signup for you. it just asks for you name, email and how you got your regular ticket.

fob63
Camp Name: 2018 Comfort and Joy

Post by fob63 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 am

Thank you - I will look for it.
Do no harm. Live, laugh and love.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Remember, creating multiple burner profiles for the purposes of gaming the system and/or getting around ticket limits could have the unintended side effect of having some or all ticket orders canceled and voided.

The best strategy is that once you've registered, try and clear your schedule and be near a solid internet connection for sale day. Check your Ticketfly account to make sure it matches the name and address in your burner profile, and that it's got your payment info. Refresh your drink and go to the bathroom before the sale, and get ready for the 'hurry up and wait' game.

Use the link to the sale from the registration confirmation email you received to access the sale. Historically, the burner profiles site gets pretty hammered with people logging in and trying to access the sale through their profile - so if you pull up that email you can avoid getting caught up in any burner profile server load delays.

Once you get through into the queue, hang in there. Refreshing that page is known to move you to the back of the line, and using multiple browser windows from the same IP address may have the unintended effect of just moving you further back in line (it takes the most recently refreshed/accessed page from that address and uses that as your place in line).

Once you get through... take a deep breath. Don't be tempted to just click on stuff asap, that's how mistakes get made and you don't want or need that frustration. Read each field, make sure it's right, then click to complete/submit/place your order. May the server gods (or your deity of choice) smile upon you.

bwodie
Burning Since: 2013

Post by bwodie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:14 am

question is, if you only need a VP, is it better to use the VP only link or the full link?
I wonder if there is any seperation on the two sales e.g 600 reserved the the VP only link

smiffman
Burning Since: 2014

Post by smiffman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:05 am

bwodie wrote:question is, if you only need a VP, is it better to use the VP only link or the full link?
I wonder if there is any seperation on the two sales e.g 600 reserved the the VP only link

Use the VP link with fast internet...

rudbyrd
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet

Post by rudbyrd » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 am

im in the OMG sale and I have

PROMO code is invalid or tickets may not yet be available.

Is this what I should be seeing?

Bemerritt

Post by Bemerritt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:57 am

better to click the link in teh email with your embedded code now and sit on the waiting page or try and click on it right at noon?

rudbyrd
Camp Name: Black Rock Fun Jet

Post by rudbyrd » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:59 am

I got the time wrong. Duh. my bad

bwodie

Post by bwodie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Message last updated: 12:06 PM PST

At this time, all event tickets have been purchased or are in shopping carts.

There are still Vehicle Passes available for those who registered for Vehicle Pass-only access to the sale.

Bemerritt

Post by Bemerritt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:20 pm

I got a vehicle pass! what is funny is that is was with an account that was looking for both a ticket and a vp. the account that was just registerred for a vp never got through. Also, i got through on my phone but not my computer for what it's worth.

bwodie

Post by bwodie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Bemerritt wrote:I got a vehicle pass! what is funny is that is was with an account that was looking for both a ticket and a vp. the account that was just registerred for a vp never got through. Also, i got through on my phone but not my computer for what it's worth.
Same situation as me!

Wrath

Post by Wrath » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Bemerritt wrote:I got a vehicle pass! what is funny is that is was with an account that was looking for both a ticket and a vp. the account that was just registerred for a vp never got through. Also, i got through on my phone but not my computer for what it's worth.
You made two accounts for two different things?

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”