Be proactive in a seller's market

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Be proactive in a seller's market

Post by Meat Hunter » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:29 am

Ticket seekers,

This is a sellers market. Do not expect a seller to contact you or for a seller to respond to your typed in response to their offer.

In all seriousness, keep the "ticket for sale" listing open on your computer, sit at your computer and with your fingers at the ready.

When you first see a ticket posted (before you type a response to the thread) immediately and I mean immediately make direct contact with the seller. In my opinion, it is the person who is proactive and the one who makes the first direct contact with the seller will be the one that gets the ticket.

I have a friend who saw a ticket posted on this site at 3:00 am Thursday morning, she made immediate direct contact with the seller and the deal was closed in ten (10) minutes.

Many folks think that if they type a response into the tread that the seller will contact them, but this is just not going to happen... !!

In case the seller wishes to sell via PayPal; be ready to close the deal. I suggest that (if you have not already done so) I suggest that you open a personal PayPal account -- Now. I have heard (and I am not sure if it is correct) but PayPal might offer some type of security against fraud.

I have not checked the "tickets for sale" link lately, but there may be some of the more expensive pre-sale tickets available. If you see a "ticket offered" and the thread is not locked, there may be a chance that the ticket is still available. And. I suspect that at this point in time, that a pre-sale ticket just might be the only ticket that you will find.

Be proactive, good luck and hope to be seeing ya in the dust.
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Re: Be proactive in a seller's market

Post by zorro sings » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:09 am

Meat Hunter wrote:Ticket seekers,

In case the seller wishes to sell via PayPal; be ready to close the deal. I suggest that (if you have not already done so) I suggest that you open a personal PayPal account -- Now. I have heard (and I am not sure if it is correct) but PayPal might offer some type of security against fraud.

Some good advise here . We listed a pre-sale ticket yesterday and had 3 replies in 5 miniues. Went to the first and he bought it. Transaction over in 15 minutes.He said the same as above. His browser was constantly open.

Paypal does offers heavily weighted protection to the buyer if money is sent through the regular channel. Yesterday though I asked the potential buyers to send Paypal money through the"Friends and Family" link. Here there is no commission and a seller does not lose money selling ticket at face. By using this option however you are not protected for loss,fraud,etc. I explained I had 650 posts here,can find me on the playa at 4:30 and Esplanade and here is my phone number if you want to call.

Two of the three were willing to go along and sale was completed. I would suggest as an incentive to the seller you might keep this in mind.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Be proactive in a seller's market

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Note: Posting in this thread about your ticket search is likely to be not productive.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”