Will Call ticket transfer

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Will Call ticket transfer

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm not trying to throw bombs here, and I understand the tremendous amount of pressure we find ourselves in as BRC Opening Day approaches, and I love our volunteers at all levels in all departments. But something has been bothering me.

The instructions for transferring ownership of a ticket are very clear...go to the SHIPPED TO section on one's Ticketfly account and change the SHIPPED TO information. Once this is done, though, the new recipient (buyer) has no confirmation documenting the transfer, other than a screen shot, but that's hardly "official." The new recipient has nothing to bring with them to Will Call verifying that they are, in fact, the new recipients of the ticket. They may have a photo ID verifying who they are, but that's all they have. After traveling several hundred miles the new recipient is at the mercy of Will Call. Even if the seller and buyer know and trust each other, the new recipient must place total trust that Will Call will recognize the transfer when the recipient shows up at the window stating that they have a ticket waiting for them. What could possibly go wrong? What am I missing? What assurances could I give a ticket transferee that everything will be just fine?
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service

Re: Will Call ticket transfer

Postby Elliot » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:01 pm

I expect Ticketfly and the Will Call office will "get along' just fine. What might be a concern is that a criminal could collect the money for a Will Call ticket and never change the name. In fact, a criminal could "sell" the same ticket numerous times. So I'm thinking there ought to be a way to lock in the buyer's name -- give the buyer control over the "ship to" field on that Ticketfly order.
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Healing Arts, Body Paint & Piano Bar
No phones, tobacco, or politics in our public areas, please

Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!

Email: elliotsbikes@outlook.com

dragonpilot

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 pm

That, too, Elliot.

On my point, when a seller tells a potential transferee that after the money has changed hands he can't give him anything to verify the validity of the transaction, the transferee has a big decision to make.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

yagotetra

Postby yagotetra » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:17 am

There seems to be a "transfer" option on ticketfly, I saw the button a while back and it disappeared but I saw it again and now just used it to send a will call ticket (out of the 2 I had) to my friend

You guys should have a look and let me know what you think

Cheers

Melonblue
Burning Since: 2015

Postby Melonblue » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:40 am

It looks like this JUST changed....this morning....better late than never I guess?

You can now

https://ticketsupport.burningman.com/customer/portal/articles/2086668-new-ticket-transfer-option

NEW! Ticket Transfer option: Last Updated: Aug 16, 2015 01:02AM UTC

The Ticketfly system now offers the ability to transfer items (tickets and vehicle passes) within your Will Call order directly to other people.

General info about Ticket Transfer:
A great option if a friend needs to pick up one of the items in your order but is arriving separately from you.
Each eligible item in an order can be assigned to a different person.
Provides security to the recipient because the transfer can't be retracted by the original owner.
No need for any other name change or authorization documentation, the recipient just needs their new confirmation email and ID to pick up their items at the Box Office.
Some ticket types are restricted and not eligible to be transferred (Low Income, staff, etc.)
Here's a step-by-step of how to use Ticket Transfer:
1. Log in to your account at http://ticketfly.com
2. Go to My Orders
3. Click on the order number from which you wish to transfer items.
4. Click the Transfer Tickets button to open the transfer view.
5. Select the items you want to transfer (ticket or vehicle pass). Each item that is eligible for transfer will say "Transferable" next to it. Click Next.
6. Enter the legal first name, last name and email address of the person to whom you wish to transfer your item and click Next.
7. Review the transfer details and select box next to Terms & Conditions.
8. Confirm the transfer by clicking the button that says Confirm. THERE IS NO OPTION TO UNDO THIS.

Repeat each step for each item you wish to transfer.

That's some really important information for so close to the Burn. This has been a HUGE bone of contention for so many with passes to offer but couldn't split their order. Hopefully this news can hit them FAST so they can indeed get those extra tickets, and VPs into the hand of much needed burners without!

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:24 am

Obviously they read my post of five days ago. :mrgreen:

dragonpilot

Postby dragonpilot » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Nope...no transfer button. It may be because I had already edited the SHIPPED TO info to the name of the new recipient under the original procedure and it reads that as a transfer. Only problem is the recipient does not have access to a confirmation email and will show up at Will Call with just her name and valid ID.

Elliot

Postby Elliot » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:38 am

But she will also have your personal integrity.

dragonpilot

Postby dragonpilot » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Elliot wrote:But she will also have your personal integrity.

Well, yes...there's that 8)

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”